General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

4 hours ago, Shway said:

Mans knees can barely hold up on grass, nearly 50% of the teams in MLS play/train on turf. Would be a risk for him - more than the teams. 

I do hope he gets back to playing. 

People said the same thing about Henry 

Gave a quick glance at whoscored and noticed Akindele and Johnson are in the top 3 of Orlando in terms of Match rating (6.97 and 6.95). 

Their best player Nani is at 7.37 and Oriol Rosell (4th) is at 6.84.

Tbh I haven’t watch a lot of them this season so I can’t personally say they have been in the top 3 players on their team but I thought it was really interesting to note

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, SpecialK said:

People said the same thing about Henry 

Didn't Henry already pull a hammy( connected to knees) and miss 4-6 weeks? That was like 2 months into season. Knock on wood Henry stays injury free for rest of year.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Scorpion26 said:

Noticed that USA got two friendlies set up and was wondering have Canada set up any friendlies before the match between these two nations? I know Cuba is another game for CMNT, but friendlies should be added more games the better. 

The CSA doesn’t do friendlies because apparently the fans don’t want them or something like that.

On 7/19/2019 at 11:03 AM, apbsmith said:

Didn't Henry already pull a hammy( connected to knees) and miss 4-6 weeks? That was like 2 months into season. Knock on wood Henry stays injury free for rest of year.

That didn't work out so well, the guy just can't stay healthy, you just wonder if maybe his time might be up as a pro, a shame if it is, he had so much potential!

3 hours ago, gator said:

That didn't work out so well, the guy just can't stay healthy, you just wonder if maybe his time might be up as a pro, a shame if it is, he had so much potential!

Makes you wonder if his muscle equilibrium might be off from the waist down (glutes/quads/hamstrings). He def seems to constantly have the chronic hamstring/knee issues. I hope the Whitecaps training staff really look into all of that and focus on treating the source not just the acute injury.  He's a bigger athletic guy, it can tricky sometimes with bigger guys sprinting and stretching over the course of a long endurance match/season. Big athletic guys in basketball/football are more fortunate because they get timeouts all the time during the game so the muscles can rest before having to fire up again.

Honestly, he should reach out to Altidore or someone within the right circles. Altidore would constantly have hammy issues since being a teenager, but I remembered watching or reading a piece after the 2014 WC.  Altidore and I believe Jurgen Klinsmen were saying Altidore was retraining his entire body; posture, flexibility, strengthen certain muscle groups, sprinting technique to avoid his chronic hammy issues. I know Altidore has had some other issues but I think his knees and hammy's have held up since that 8 month re conditioning plan.

Regardless, I hope Henry heals up and put an excellent preventative plan in place for both his pro career and us as a country.  Gutted for the guy right now, I could only imagine how hard he's been working the last few years.

Edited by apbsmith

4 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

Noticed that USA got two friendlies set up and was wondering have Canada set up any friendlies before the match between these two nations? I know Cuba is another game for CMNT, but friendlies should be added more games the better. 

I think it's tricky to schedule 3 games in one Fifa window. We play Cuba twice next window.

I do hope the October Window we can play a friendly +  the USA match.

^ Really got to finish threads before hitting reply LOL. Thanks @VinceA , my bad for repeating.

Edited by apbsmith

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

WOW, I never would have predicted Shome would have more minutes than Osorio, Tiebert, Johnson etc.  

Especially after his poor first game, but quietly having a very productive season. Great to see that he stuck with it and is playing up to the potential he showed with Edmonton after a tough transition to MLS

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

Especially after his poor first game, but quietly having a very productive season. Great to see that he stuck with it and is playing up to the potential he showed with Edmonton after a tough transition to MLS

I was really impressed when he publicly apologized after that outburst early on. Many thought he was done in an Impact jersey. Glad to see he used it as an opportunity for growth.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sshome_07/status/1112105844726996992?lang=en

Edited by nolando

• 2 weeks later...

Canadians in MLS

Player Team Position GP GS MP G A
Mark Anthony Kaye Los Angeles FC CM/LB 21 20 1786 4 6
Samuel Piette Montreal Impact CDM 18 18 1590 0 0
Doneil Henry Vancouver Whitecaps CB 17 17 1453 3 1
Shamit Shome Montreal Impact CM 20 16 1417 1 1
Russell Teibert Vancouver Whitecaps CM/CDM 18 17 1406 0 2
Tesho Akindele Orlando City ST/W 19 17 1374 8 2
Will Johnson Orlando City CM 16 15 1294 1 1