Cyle Larin

shermanator

17 minutes ago, lamptern said:

Hopefully this goal could buy Larin some more  play time onwards.

It definitely will.  The team needs wins and goals to not get relegated.  Him scoring in his debut will bring some news and profile will make the manager look good.

I would expect him to the the 70’ substitute next match.

There are lots of celebration videos with fans, in locker room, on the Real V twitter account.

Press conference of Pacheta (José Rojo) after the game, starts m. 6. 

https://youtu.be/G9U6wWoNVG8

May not work.

Related to Larin, to a question at 7:50 ff about the new signings working immediately, unlike last summer's, he says "we have brought in attributes that we don't have. That is what we tried to bring in. Both Machis and Cyle, who played today, one gives us some things, the other, different things, in both cases contributing what we are missing." 

He says that "Cyle is a guy for the box, a guy who shoots, and look what happened, he fell on his feet", typical Castillian expression when a newcomer starts well. 

Pacheta is a really likeable guy, he's very straighforward, has a noble, honest character. 

Incredible finish. To come in off the bench that late, in a league of that quality, and score like that is a true mark of a professional’s professional.

It’s just one goal, and I look forward to seeing how he does with regular minutes, but just funny how these things work. Can’t even be considered for cameos for club Brugge who straight up sucks right now, but a team in Spain more or less entrusts him to be the difference maker in not getting relegated, and he comes in and provides on day 1. 

He’s the classic player who just needs an opportunity and he’ll deliver, and I’m glad to see him follow through. His goals per 90 for Brugge was pretty decent IIRC, so it’s awesome to see that proven, once again, at a different club to boot. 

He’s such a serious looking guy who never shows much emotion, so seeing how pumped he was when he scored, and seeing how stoked his team was was really cool to see and exactly what a guy who’s had his type of gear needs. 

Edited by InglewoodJack

Cyle has exceeded at every single level he has played at, and I have a feeling this will be no different. If anything, I think he will thrive in a technical league like La Liga, where even bottom table teams still possess technically skillful players. As long as he gets good service, which he will, Larin will keep finding the back of the net. Valladolid's problem this season has been a lack of finishing, but they know how to create chances, and we'd be fools to bet against Larin finding himself at the end of them.

From Sigma FC to La Liga... if you are good enough, and hungry enough, the pathway is there.

Edited by LeoH037

7 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

Cyle has exceeded at every single level he has played at, and I have a feeling this will be no different. If anything, I think he will thrive in a technical league like La Liga, where even bottom table teams still possess technically skillful players. As long as he gets good service, which he will, Larin will keep finding the back of the net. Valladolid's problem this season has been a lack of finishing, but they know how to create chances, and we'd be fools to bet against Larin finding himself at the end of them.

From Sigma FC to La Liga... if you are good enough, and hungry enough, the pathway is there.

I also think it's a step up in another way: he knows no one there, can't speak the language, has no context at all. He went from Orlando full of that NCAA-for-grownups mentality, to Besiktas where Hutch mentored him, spent a year in a small club in Belgium but speaking English (in Flemish Belgium they won't speak French, same in Bruges), then Bruges where Tajon is. Always a connection, or an easy landing. That dressing room at Valladolid, no one speaks English at all. He's alone and on his own.

In half a year he won't speak Spanish, but I did hear something Pacheta said to suggest he needed it, they train and do everything in Spanish.

16 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

About their social media team, who are rather acute as we've seen. RVCF also won the Spanish e-sports league last weekend, for the third time straight. So that suggests they take the gaming leagues around football seriously as well. 

This is crucial for small market teams, more so in soccer where relegation is a real threat. Teams like St Pauli and Wrexham have had to be extremely PR savvy to maintain their fan base during some really tough times in lower leagues. 

You see this a lot in hockey too. Teams without built in diehards like Carolina and Seattle have awesome social media whereas the habs and leaf’s could have their PR departments run on auto pilot, they do nothing, and they don’t need to do anything.

50 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

Don't forget complaining about the wind

That entire goal can be explained by a goal kick that got hung up in the wind, you got it🤣 

Which was the keeper's fault, although it made it to the centre line. Where we controlled uncontested. Received cleanly. Did a give and go into space.

We had all those guys free in their end on a US goal kick, but "Canada had a plan which was to park the bus the whole game".

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That entire goal can be explained by a goal kick that got hung up in the wind, you got it🤣 

Which was the keeper's fault, although it made it to the centre line. Where we controlled uncontested. Received cleanly. Did a give and go into space.

We had all those guys free in their end on a US goal kick, but "Canada had a plan which was to park the bus the whole game".

The American coaching staff also claimed that Tim Horton’s Field was too narrow, because they didn’t realize that the official measurements were published in metres rather than yards.

Every now and then I’ll still see an American fan make reference to the “tiny” THF field based on the USMNT coaching staff’s ignorance of the metric system.