Cyle Larin

shermanator

Seriously, I know this is repetitious, but holy shit!

Before he came, Valladolid had 5 losses in a row - all without scoring a single goal.  

Since he arrived, they have played two games.  He has subbed in twice and scored in each game.  The first one was the game winner and they are currently ahead 1-0 on the back of his goal.  

I know about the new club bounce and all that, but holy shit.  

7 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Seriously, I know this is repetitious, but holy shit!

Before he came, Valladolid had 5 losses in a row - all without scoring a single goal.  

Since he arrived, they have played two games.  He has subbed in twice and scored in each game.  The first one was the game winner and they are currently ahead 1-0 on the back of his goal.  

I know about the new club bounce and all that, but holy shit.  

Against a quality (yes recently underachieving Valencia) and now against 3rd place Sociedad.  Meanwhile Brugge settled for another 0-0 tie.  The management at Brugge must be second guessing and hopefully the fans at Brugge are upset as well.

I don't think he was ever given a fair chance at Brugges.

Edited by Corazon

37 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Against a quality (yes recently underachieving Valencia) and now against 3rd place Sociedad.  Meanwhile Brugge settled for another 0-0 tie.  The management at Brugge must be second guessing and hopefully the fans at Brugge are upset as well.

I don't think he was ever given a fair chance at Brugges.

The fans were dragging him through the mud as well. Agreed he didn't get a fair shot. Couple more goals like this and Brugges and Valladolid will be fighting for him next year. 

Edited by king1010

51 minutes ago, king1010 said:

The fans were dragging him through the mud as well. Agreed he didn't get a fair shot. Couple more goals like this and Brugges and Valladolid will be fighting for him next year. 

Well, maybe not.  Looks like Valladoid has an option to buy so that might just be an easy call for them, and Brugges living with some regrets.  

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/cyle-larin-la-liga-spain-real-valladolid-1.6725002

Bonus here: The news of his transfer was on CBC's website back when it happened, which is just nice to see.

I was traveling back from Andalucia,  listening on Spanish radio Onda Cero. Some commentator knew his entire qualifying campaign with us, explained the loan deal, incredibly thorough. Then one said he does what Mariano never does for Real Madrid, referring to the Benzema sub who missed a few in their loss today. Another wondered why Bruges got rid of him with Champions coming up. 

Then they said he was leading Canadian scorer in the Liga.

Very impressive journalism from them all and proud to have him in the Liga.