Cyle Larin

shermanator

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

So they have lost their last 5 and failed to score in their last 5.  They sign Larin sub him in and he scores a 91st minute goal that could be the game winner? 

Damn.  

Was half watching the game before he came on and his team had quite a few good chances they couldn't finish.

Big goal as if the score stands they are 3 points up on the relegation zone.

4 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

"Larine" - from my commentator - but I will take it.

Mine's British, and he says it like that too, since he pronounces Spanish well he just makes that a Spanish name.

Cyle also had a nice place in stoppage time where he held up in the midfield on a high ball and got fouled, stayed down a bit. 

Guy can probably spend a few games without scoring now and they'll still be happy with him. 

Seriously now, Valencia looked very poor. None of their stars, a roster making double the salary scale as Valladolid, did much of note. Cavani had a few in the opening minutes, Musah was just okay, I thought the Valladolid players had a slight edge and did well overall. Plata had a good chance to score, so did Oscar Plano, and the other new signing Machis was also good. 

So the draw would have been fine, but I think the win was deserved.

They play Real Sociedad away next weekend in San Sebastián.

18 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Unfortunate that this game wasn’t on TSN 

Come on now they have to  show  sportscenter on every channel,  why would they make an executive decision and put the debut in La Liga  of one of Canada’s most recognizable players on one of their channels . Plus no one watched Canada’s games on TSN in the World Cup the ratings must have been very bad .