Cyle Larin

shermanator

14 minutes ago, Ruud said:

Besides avoiding relegation he must have already met the other triggers by now…. He’s surely going to get enough appearances 

I figure the other triggers are probably goals or minutes.

So he probably isn't there yet. Maybe 5 goals?

They still have 18 matches left. A lot of work to do still to avoid relegation.

22 hours ago, yomurphy1 said:

It's Cyle Larin... he can score with almost any part of his body.

image.png.7cef24403c7990ca68a5a1f1f41d06e2.png

I was thinking along these lines too. He has scored with his shoulder, his ass, his chest, obviously feet and head. What is he missing? Not sure if he has scored with his knee or not. I guess the only other options are his back and getting away with scoring with his hand like Maradona and Messi.

Spanish outlet interviewed Smyrniotis about Larin. Looks like Bobby told him go for a la liga club.

I was with him two weeks ago in Belgium, before he signed for Real Valladolid , and we all agreed that playing in LaLiga was the ideal step in his career. After his two goals, I gave him the usual advice: "Be humble and keep working."

Of course, he asked me for advice and we talked about all the clubs that were interested in him, the style of play of these teams and other matters, but in the end, it was he who made the decision to go to Real Valladolid.

https://as.com/futbol/primera/smyrniotis-descubridor-de-larin-su-objetivo-era-jugar-en-el-pucela-n/

38 minutes ago, red card said:

Spanish outlet interviewed Smyrniotis about Larin. Looks like Bobby told him go for a la liga club.

I was with him two weeks ago in Belgium, before he signed for Real Valladolid , and we all agreed that playing in LaLiga was the ideal step in his career. After his two goals, I gave him the usual advice: "Be humble and keep working."

Of course, he asked me for advice and we talked about all the clubs that were interested in him, the style of play of these teams and other matters, but in the end, it was he who made the decision to go to Real Valladolid.

https://as.com/futbol/primera/smyrniotis-descubridor-de-larin-su-objetivo-era-jugar-en-el-pucela-n/

This is pretty cool. Thanks for posting this.

Good article, good of As to find him (and it'll be interesting if other teams start to look at Sigma/CPL for young talents). Just like Marca spoke to Floro the day after he signed. As I said, they were detailed and very respectful in the broadcast I was listening to, Onda Cero, all the media are excellent around Valladolid.

I've been really impressed by the Valladolid fan base, the journalists, the club itself. I have never liked them, I don't tend to support Castillian clubs and less so those from greater Madrid (Getafe, Leganés), but I am surprised. Listening to Radio Marca Valladolid, their podcast every weekday, they are very serious. Then the fan comments, apart from funny and creative, are really smart as well. 

I realise it is probably because they are all mostly Real Madrid fans and R Valladolid is on the side, they are just happy to see the club stay in La Liga and play with the big boys. They are grateful to just be there. And then they are doing a good job with their academy, one kid, Fresneda, who had his debut age 17, had offers from Dortmund and I think I heard Arsenal, but decided to stay for now.

A lot of teams in top flight Spain (and elsewhere) have delusional owners, fans, press, and are way over the top--then consistently underperform. Espanyol is one, Valencia are terrible that way, they expect too much, bitch about owners or coaches all the time, think they should be in Europa League every year-- and are dissapointed. Probably the worst is Real Zaragoza, they have no excuse either, years in 2nd division, struggling. And deluded. Which makes them unbearable, you want them to fail just listening to them. I have gotten alongside Valladolid because they are honest, realistic, analyse really well, and are a team that could be fun to see make a run for mid-table.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

46 minutes ago, narduch said:

Haha the translation calls him a mercenary 

Next Wednesday Bruges host Benfica in Champions League, we'll see how things go. Even if they do go through, I suspect they are smart enough to realize they made a mistake not getting the best of a player scoring in tough matches vs top teams in La Liga.

I prefer to see them advance for Tajon, but they are becoming unlikeable as a club. 

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Next Wednesday Bruges host Benfica in Champions League, we'll see how things go. Even if they do go through, I suspect they are smart enough to realize they made a mistake not getting the best of a player scoring in tough matches vs top teams in La Liga.

I prefer to see them advance for Tajon, but they are becoming unlikeable as a club. 

The second Tajon leaves Bruges, I’m fine with shifting my Nottingham forest hate over to them. I think I’ve made peace with forest, it’s now time to focus my hater energy towards a more worthy club. 

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Pretty sure the deal is already in place. Don't think Brugge will get more

Not only that.

We may see the sort of deal that Paços ended up doing with Eustaquio. They pay the buyout fee, which again, I doubt is much more than 2-3 million with them guaranteeing at least his Bruges salary, at 2 million. But if he's scoring some stronger team will be in the wings ready to offer them significantly more. I only thought of this after that guy on Spanish radio said hey, he's doing more than the sub strikers at Real Madrid. That made me realise: if he nabs 6-8 more, which is possible, someone will offer them 20 million, just watch.

Would be sort of funny to have Cyle pushing David in terms of striker value.

13 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

The second Tajon leaves Bruges, I’m fine with shifting my Nottingham forest hate over to them. I think I’ve made peace with forest, it’s now time to focus my hater energy towards a more worthy club. 

Nothing to do with CANMNT, but you should catch up on Man City in the news.  Tonnes and oodles of hate there.....

52 minutes ago, costarg said:

Nothing to do with CANMNT, but you should catch up on Man City in the news.  Tonnes and oodles of hate there.....

This is my Worst Soccer Opinion, but I kinda... have a soft spot for City? I don't have a premier league team because I haven't been able to form an emotional attachment to any team, so the next thing I look for are teams that have totally broken the system of the league they're in- think Golden State, Man City, etc. If you're gonna cheat and run an endless budget, you better turn your team into a fantasy video game team with all the cheat codes on. Let's see Haaland score 60 goals, let's see City hit 110 points, whatever.

Now that said, I also love chaos, and what I heard, that if City do get relegated, the EFL could reject their entry, sending them all the way down to the National League- I'd love that. Make them Wrexham their way back to relevance.

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Nothing to do with Larin?

Well I hate Bayern Munich and enjoy all the points they are losing, and hope they don't win another trophy ever again. 

I never become a fan of a team just because a Canadian is there, I still disliked Spurs despite Stalteri, I liked Depor well before De Guzmán went there. 

I don't like Club Bruges, prefer Anderlecht or more, Standard Liège.

Valladolid: they won me over with how they are, I am pleasantly surprised. But I did not have a hate on them and have admired certain players who came through there over the years.

I like Valladolid. Their culture reminds me of those NHL teams in very non-hockey markets that use their identity and communications to get fans excited. The amount of content they’ve pushed out about Larin, sharing the memes, even immediately adding a little Canadian flag to their English twitter’s name (assume it wasn’t there before Larin) seems like a really great way to build fan excitement, especially if you exist in Real Madrid’s shadow.

Plus, whether by accident or not, they seem to really understand that Canadian fans will fall in love with your team if you play our guys. Hard not to shower a player with praise with the start he’s had, but they’re certainly putting in the work to make Canadians care about them, and I haven’t seen much of that from other teams with our guys on them, save for Celtic which pretty much has a built in Canadian audience, given who they are. 

On 2/8/2023 at 11:32 AM, InglewoodJack said:

Ahhh, so you  are a psychotic with dysfunctional relationship issues with clubs and teams, like me. Sort of like the character "Joe" in that netflix series You. 

Edited by beachesl