Cyle Larin

shermanator

34 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

There is not a single reliable article or rumour that appeared. In fact, there is not even a club mentioned at any time with any degree of reliability. Cite one, even a half-ass rumour in an article with the name of an interested club, I'd like to see it.

TFC has a long history of paying over market price. That means paying a price that does not correspond to what the player might be offered elsewhere.

They did it with De Guzmán, who was never going to get close to a million euros anywhere in Europe at that time, he had a half offer from Osasuna I think but to no end. Then they paid him way more than they had to. If you beat your competitors by a small margin, that makes sense.

TFC does not do it. They are like Don Quixote charging at imaginary windmills, they irrationally outbid non-existent bids and bidders. They are doing it now with the Italians. 

I wonder if MLSE do this inspired by the NBA model where you are semi-obliged to pay a player for services rendered and seniority, regardless of whether anyone else in the league would pay that salary.

The one example that you quoted was TFC enticing De Guzman to TFC.  He had other options.  The other options may not have paid as much, but he still had them.

My point is: Osorio also had other options.  According to you, he didn't.  Whether TFC overpaid or not is irrelevant, the other options were still there so TFC had to give him a raise to keep him otherwise he would've moved on.  If there were no other options, they could've given him a modest raise (like the 15% he got the previous years).  I said it then and I'll repeat it now: just because you didn't read them doesn't mean they didn't exist.  It's fascinating that you are still beating this drum.

Also, it usually takes less money to keep someone at a club than to entice someone to a club.  It's called the "My stuff's already all there" factor.  Happens all the time.

2 hours ago, El Hombre said:

The one example that you quoted was TFC enticing De Guzman to TFC.  He had other options.  The other options may not have paid as much, but he still had them.

My point is: Osorio also had other options.  According to you, he didn't.  Whether TFC overpaid or not is irrelevant, the other options were still there so TFC had to give him a raise to keep him otherwise he would've moved on.  If there were no other options, they could've given him a modest raise (like the 15% he got the previous years).  I said it then and I'll repeat it now: just because you didn't read them doesn't mean they didn't exist.  It's fascinating that you are still beating this drum.

Also, it usually takes less money to keep someone at a club than to entice someone to a club.  It's called the "My stuff's already all there" factor.  Happens all the time.

He had other options, I know exactly what the rumours were in top flight Spain. Osasuna was deciding between him and an Iranian mid I can't recall the name of. There was another club too. None of them would have paid him more than 50-60% of what TFC stupidly dished out.

It's silly to be arguing TFC pays market value in these cases, why bother?

As for the Osorio rumours, it's the same naivety as always. You're treating the football world as stupid. The internet: find me one non TFC or MLS rumour mill citing a single club with intentions or interest.

Edit: the reason I insist on this shit is because you're facilitating the con men and shills who bastardize the game by manipulating the numbers.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

4 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Why do I have a craving for Thrills gum?

A few years ago when the TV contracts were focusing on the broadcast quality, La Liga got every team in the league to do work on their stadium colours.

Many like Sevilla put every sponsor in red and white, Villareal did a new exterior in yellow and all the seats, Osasuna went deep red inside and redid the exterior too.

Zorilla was already like that, then they just added the exterior shell in an off white, which the training centre right beside will be like too, the bid for tender was just released. This is a visual mock-up, the stadium itself is done; the main training field now is the far one with a short stand.

1665212453687-png.3946563

It looks out of town, but it's 2k from the centre, near a cultural centre-auditorium, the basketball team the club owns plays less than 1km from there. 

On 1/26/2023 at 3:42 PM, El Hombre said:

Come on. You know good and well that UT has a close personal friend at each of the ~1500 professional clubs in Europe and he regularly chats with them all over coffee. If any of them had any interest in Osorio they would have mentioned it to him. Nothing happens in any corner of Europe without UT finding out about it

7 hours ago, Kent said:

Come on. You know good and well that UT has a close personal friend at each of the ~1500 professional clubs in Europe and he regularly chats with them all over coffee. If any of them had any interest in Osorio they would have mentioned it to him. Nothing happens in any corner of Europe without UT finding out about it

You forgot to mention my contacts in Mexico, since Osorio had many teams in Mexico very interested in signing him as well. 

Bothers me when my contact network is underestimated.