Liam Millar

Northvansteve

1 hour ago, spitfire said:

Liam played the Full 90 in the 2nd mid season friendly vs Swiss Super league side FC Lugano assisting the winning goal with a lung busting 70 yard run…

Thanks, its m. 82 of the match

https://www.fcb.ch/de/aktuell/videos/uebersicht/detailseite/fc-lugano-fcb-11388?tagList=

What are you hearing about teammates, like Cabral, being moved? I think having a striker like that really helps Liam's game, they combine well, and help the team get results. Would you think he'd be under more pressure to play inside and score more if Cabral were to be sold?

Interestingly Basel transferred Zhegrova to Lille this week for 7 million euros. When healthy he has played on the opposite wing from Millar. They are the same age and have a similar track record. Maybe that is an indication of Millar's worth and a similar move is in his future.

With Davies out I hope Millar gets alot of minutes this window.

1 minute ago, Stryker911 said:

Basel transferred Arthur to Fiorentina to replace Vlahovich for 14 million euros. It will be tough for them to catch Zurich for 1st. Hopefully they can stay top 3 and fight for European soccer places next season. More pressure on Millar now to produce.

I'm surprised he only went for 14M - I get that he's "only" playing in the Swiss League but his numbers are ridiculous and he's only 23.  Fiorentina paid the same for Ikone for God's sake.

Will be very interesting to see how Cabral's numbers at Fiorentina compare to Vlahovic's. I wouldnt be surprised if his goal contributions end up being in the same ballpark

59 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Basel transferred Arthur to Fiorentina to replace Vlahovich for 14 million euros. It will be tough for them to catch Zurich for 1st. Hopefully they can stay top 3 and fight for European soccer places next season. More pressure on Millar now to produce.

I wanted him at West Ham.  Ridiculously low price.   But we did get burned on Ajeti who had similar numbers there. 

FC Basel kick off the 2nd half of the Season  vs FC Lucern right now…having sold Cabral for 14 million to Fiorentina and Zhergova for 7 million to Lille and Liam away at WQC be interesting to see where their goals come from today… will probably really be missing Liam today… 

Edited by spitfire

Really excited to see what he can do in the second half of the season. He first came onto my radar as a Fulham fan, a couple of threads on the local Fulham forum were talking him up before he went to Liverpool. 

Its easy for dual nationals to commit now. Liam was really the first time we'd had a high profile teenager with other options commit to us, and for that ill always be a fan. 

Too bad Millar didn’t get any chances like this against El Salvador… he’s in quite the confident goal scoring form at the moment.  I was impressed by his aggressive attacking runs into the box / far post in the game against ES… if crosses from the other wing ever did find their way across he would have been there to strike.  Let’s hope he continues on his good form into the March window and he gets a shot again.

36 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

Too bad Millar didn’t get any chances like this against El Salvador… he’s in quite the confident goal scoring form at the moment.  I was impressed by his aggressive attacking runs into the box / far post in the game against ES… if crosses from the other wing ever did find their way across he would have been there to strike.  Let’s hope he continues on his good form into the March window and he gets a shot again.

I think he needs games where he can counter attack or have more options in attack. Most games we see him in for Canada he's playing against low blocks and teams that deliberately slow games down.

1 minute ago, TGAA_Star said:

If only Liam could play like this for us, think of how good he could be

There was a player with a similar goal scoring problem a few years ago… he now has 24 goals for Canada … who also got a lot of stick from this board too… his initials are CL…

in the El Salvador game Liam made 2/3 great runs to the back post and the ball just didn’t come …

Liams time will come with Canada… once he gets one I think it will all change  

9 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I think he needs games where he can counter attack or have more options in attack. Most games we see him in for Canada he's playing against low blocks and teams that deliberately slow games down.

I tend to agree he needs space and the ball all of which in recent games he hasn’t had. 

But We have faith in the process. His time will come patience is key… he need to just keep doing his job at club level and the national team stuff will sort itself out. …

And just for the record he does have 4 assists for Canada…

42 minutes ago, spitfire said:

There was a player with a similar goal scoring problem a few years ago… he now has 24 goals for Canada … who also got a lot of stick from this board too… his initials are CL…

in the El Salvador game Liam made 2/3 great runs to the back post and the ball just didn’t come …

Liams time will come with Canada… once he gets one I think it will all change  

I tend to agree he needs space and the ball all of which in recent games he hasn’t had. 

But We have faith in the process. His time will come patience is key… he need to just keep doing his job at club level and the national team stuff will sort itself out. …

And just for the record he does have 4 assists for Canada…

CONCACAF is a different animal , to people  outside of CONCACAF  who have no clue about this region and think it’s a piece of cake compared to Europe, would love to see a European country have to go through CONCACAF to qualify . Doing well in a decent European league doesn’t always guarantee immediate success playing in CONCACAF it takes time for some players that’s all .