Liam Millar

Northvansteve

Liam played 81 mins in a hard fought tough 1-0 win for Kilmarnock!! He played like a lion and ran and ran and gave the right back fits. Only thing missing was a goal!  Shattered again in the end and was subbed off but really happy with his effort and output. Happy he gave his all  Killie now I’m 3rd with a possibility of Europa League!!

Great for him to really build on his match fitness leading up to the gold cup!! 

• 2 months later...
Just now, Floortom said:

I don’t think breaking into the first team is realistic. Obviously we all hope for that and it should be Liam’s aim but I think he needs to go on loan and prove he can be a regular at a good level

Didn’t he just finish doing that ?

Not sure about a loan just yet.

Liverpool had a looooong season last year, won CL +  since January were never really able to rotate players cause the BPL title race. 

Now the front 3: Firmino , Salah and Mane, all had national team duties this summer. 

When I see what happened to Man United with injuries last year , we need all the depth we can get right now (that's speaking as a LFC fan). 

I hope, and I would think most Liverpool(& CMNT) fans agree, Klopp will def give him a few more run outs shortly. As long as he continues to impress, I think they keep him, at least until the end of 2019 when salah, mane, firmino had the proper recovery etc.

^ I tried to be unbiased but it was hard, having a Canadian play on LFC still feels like a dream for me lol.

* This is more biased, but I really trust LFC player development, whatever they decide (loan or no loan), I'm confident they will put him in an excellent opportunity to excel and grow.

Edited by apbsmith

22 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Id like to see him loaned to tfc. Theres no way he makes Liverpools first team. Forget the big 3 hes behind origi, shaqiri and harry Wilson for sure. There are others like ryan kent who are ahead of him as well. 

I don't think TFC is in the cards, the seasons simply don't lineup.

I think he will be loaned but I'm not 100% it will happen before the end of the fall, even back to U23 for depth and development, we will see. 

Klopp's no dummy, there is a reason he wanted to see what Millar looked like playing alongside origi.  Should be an exciting summer for the young man.

Edited by apbsmith

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

Id like to see him loaned to tfc. Theres no way he makes Liverpools first team. Forget the big 3 hes behind origi, shaqiri and harry Wilson for sure. There are others like ryan kent who are ahead of him as well. 

Shaqiri has a significant injury and is going to miss quite a bit of time at the start of the season. Wilson and Kent are both talented players but I don’t think Klopp rates them as high as the fan base does.  I’d like to see Wilson get a shot this season, but we’ll see what happens. 

Edited by Strait Red

2 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

I’d wonder if he’d even want to go back after they released him from the academy. Also I’d rather he be loaned with England or Scotland so he can get used to that style of play.

1st, congrats.  

2nd.  With Skuseis on this one.  Everything else being equal he isn't going to find a better fit for his development outside of the UK if his intent is to make his living in the UK.  And even at that, as with all players, time and place matter.  Has to find the right place for him if he's to be loaned out and isn't that the most stressful time of any players career?  Has to be.  You have a say of course, but you don't really have a say if you follow me. 

3rd.  Hope he isn't loaned out!    

I thought Junior Hoillett performance at the Gold Cup was "meh"...Time to start Millar with Davies at wings supporting David and Cavallini?

------------------------------Cavallini

------------Davies-----------David------------Millar

2 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

Id like to see him loaned to tfc.

The same TFC that said that he was "too short" to succeed before going to Europe? I doubt he'd want to go to them. Championship is a better option to test him.

I look forward to Liam getting regular starts for a professional team one day soon. He has exactly 1 year to settle in with a club so he can be in top form for WCQ. If he continues to chase the dream at Liverpool, I don't think he will be able to be a reliable contributor this shortened cycle.

It really comes down to what he wants most.  

To be clear, a guy who doesn't play for Liverpool / a guy making sub appearances for Kilmarnock is not good enough for our purposes. We need Liam playing 90 minutes and scoring goals as soon as possible. 

3 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

So he can sit on the bench and watch Vanney's favourites fail?😀 Seriously as @Ansem points out, I doubt he would be interested!