Liam Millar

Northvansteve

Really happy with Liam’s loan so far 7 starts so far this year  including at Celtic Park lin front of 60000... only rested midweek for the cup game. A goal and two game winning assists too...

Growing into the pro game more and more every week. This is what he needed minutes on the pitch at a good competitive  level. toughen him up too.  This wasn’t even a foul. Every week he’s kicked up and down the pitch. But he keeps at it...  

7CDC3DAC-5685-4379-A07A-A5EE0FE9E3EC.jpeg

So Liam’s 8th start out of 9 games A tough professional 1-0 win away to Hearts. Went 90 mins... 

Liam has done really well to cement himself into a starting spot in the SPFL not bad for just tuning 20. A goal and 2 assists along the way, would like to see that increase but it will come he’s getting chances.  

He is playing wide in a very tight defensive shape Killie has 7 clean sheets this season after crashing out of the europa league only Celtic have scored against them recently  

So important for young players to get mins Really get mins. Tough call Liam could have stayed and trained at LFC with limited opportunities(if any) but felt it was more important to get out and play...

posted on another thread personally think Davies needs to get out on Loan (even half a season) and come back and smash it next summer at Bayern and push to get that starting spot. Not doing him any good playing 15-20 a week.. even if it’s amazing training. To each their own just my opinion...

5 hours ago, spitfire said:

posted on another thread personally think Davies needs to get out on Loan (even half a season) and come back and smash it next summer at Bayern and push to get that starting spot. Not doing him any good playing 15-20 a week.. even if it’s amazing training. To each their own just my opinion...

Great to see Liam doing so well. I love watching him play, such an exciting player.

Regarding Davies and a loan,: if Liam was in Liverpool's gameday 18 week in and week out and was making consistent league appearances, would you still prefer a loan for him away from that situation? I bet Liam wouldn't! :lol:

It is almost as if Davies is "close enough" to the starting XI that a few injuries or a great run of form from him could earn him more minutes. In other word, he's 'close enough' and may as well stay.

That said, I wouldn't be too upset with a loan move. It's just harder to push that option since Davies actually is playing week in and week out (usually) with Bayern. That could change though.

2 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Great to see Liam doing so well. I love watching him play, such an exciting player.

Regarding Davies and a loan,: if Liam was in Liverpool's gameday 18 week in and week out and was making consistent league appearances, would you still prefer a loan for him away from that situation? I bet Liam wouldn't! :lol:

It is almost as if Davies is "close enough" to the starting XI that a few injuries or a great run of form from him could earn him more minutes. In other word, he's 'close enough' and may as well stay.

That said, I wouldn't be too upset with a loan move. It's just harder to push that option since Davies actually is playing week in and week out (usually) with Bayern. That could change though.

This.

And furthermore, not only is he "close enough" to the starting 11 right now, but many feel he should be in the starting 11, based on merit. It would be different if he was just barely squeezing into the conversation. In fact it's the opposite, some feel he is not getting the chance he deserves. Davies being left out today hurt the team, at least that's the sentiment of several posters on the message boards.

Ultimately what matters though is what Kovac thinks, not the Bayern fans and certainly not the Canadian fans.

Edited by Obinna

To bring it back to Millar, I would say that in his situation a loan is far better. Perhaps he would have made his competitve Liverpool debut with the other youngsters in that cup game, but playing time would otherwise be hard to come by.

He is getting great minutes now at Kilmarnock, an above average SPL club. He could have a few more goal contributions, but I think it's only a matter of time before that happens.

Funny, speaking of Liam I heard today on one soccer this that some people are suggesting Tristen Borges should perhaps have his spot in this camp, as Millar is not filling the net at a level only "slightly" above the CPL. 

This is obviously way off, as much as I like the CPL and as much as our league has surpassed expectations. All 3 analysts on the panel said as much - they were in agreement that SPL is a few levels above the Canadian Premier League and thus they supported Liam being in the team ahead of Borges.

• 5 weeks later...

What are the terms of the loan? Can he be recalled to Liverpool?

Looks like they may need more guys!

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/first-team/372222-club-statement-carabao-cup-aston-villa

@spitfire , in theory, could he be recalled from Dec 17th to Dec 31st and then be sent back to Kilmarnock on January 1st during the transfer window?

6 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

That's absolutely insane!  It's a wonder that is even legal in FIFA rules.  Would be a massive opportunity for Liam and if he can grab it with both hands then January will be a packed schedule for LFC as well.  

It is FIFA rules that dictates he can’t go back in December. If he was on loan within the same FA (so England) he could be recalled. But since he is in Scotland and Liverpool is in England he needs an international transfer window to switch between the two, even though it’s only a loan. Otherwise you could get things pretty lawless and have teams getting players taken away on a whim.

I remember first learning about this when TFC had Quillan Roberts loaned out to their USL affiliate in Wilmington I think it was, before TFC II existed. American MLS teams were able to call up their loaned players but TFC had to wait for a transfer window.

• 4 weeks later...

So Liam hasn't been gettIng as many starts recently but has quietly built up some pretty impressive numbers. Yes he needs more goals and assists but he has impressed in other ways. 
here is the link to the article and the blur about him...  Every journey is different just happy he is moving forward... improving all the time 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18030759.six-youngsters-made-scottish-premiership-breakthrough-season/

1132A38D-DAE8-463B-9FD7-91CDA52A5C87.jpeg

Extremely exciting player.. Running a 4-2-3-1 of him and Davies on opposite sides with Cav up top supported by J. David just behind him is just wow... Then think we still have Kaye and Eustaquio at the defensive mid roles. If all these players realize their potential, we can have a very special team. It's definitely an exciting time for a CMNT supporter. 

3 hours ago, TFC2017 said:

Extremely exciting player.. Running a 4-2-3-1 of him and Davies on opposite sides with Cav up top supported by J. David just behind him is just wow... Then think we still have Kaye and Eustaquio at the defensive mid roles. If all these players realize their potential, we can have a very special team. It's definitely an exciting time for a CMNT supporter. 

I think I'm the only one here not rating him all that highly....