Liam Millar

Northvansteve

19 hours ago, spitfire said:

i sat on this for a week, after turning down approaches from Porto and a few premier league clubs after a chat with Klopp Liam decided to sign a new long term contract and head out on Loan to Kilmarnock..,Really happy and excited for the opportunity for Liam...Here's to him going and smashing up the SPL!!!

Buzzing!!!

Sent from a hotel in Kilmanock!!!!

Great news, waking up to this made my Friday + weekend.  Congrats on both the loan and the contract extension! 

Reading the Twitter replies, killie fans seem ecstatic and very welcoming! :)

Just curious, how long is his contract extension with Liverpool? Only If you are able to provide that info. 

Enjoy your time in Scotland!

Edited by apbsmith

21 hours ago, spitfire said:

i sat on this for a week, after turning down approaches from Porto and a few premier league clubs after a chat with Klopp Liam decided to sign a new long term contract and head out on Loan to Kilmarnock..,Really happy and excited for the opportunity for Liam...Here's to him going and smashing up the SPL!!!

Buzzing!!!

Sent from a hotel in Kilmanock!!!!

Brilliant! Excited for Liam and your family. Will be great to see him line up against Scotty Arf and really test himself! Thanks for sharing the details.

Edited by HooligansFW

1 hour ago, HooligansFW said:

Brilliant! Excited for Liam and your family. Will be great to see him line up against Scotty Arf and really test himself! Thanks for sharing the details.

Just a heads up, Kilmarnock host Rangers next Saturday in the 5th round of the Scottish FA cup. It is on TV in the U.K. so you should be able to find a stream. 

Sounds like one of Kilmarnock's top attackers (Brophy) has a knock. The starting striker (Ndjoli) is on loan and has one goal this year, but the fans on the Killie forums (I'm picking up their lingo already!) seem high on him. Not sure where Clarke sees Millar, but Liam seems to be able to play anywhere across the front so hopefully it means he can get meaningful minutes for the rest of the season.

Hearts up 2-0. Second goal was a really well worked FK routine; it was really clever without being too gimmicky. It was actually rather simple, elegant, and efficient. I wish I thought of it when I was coaching tbh. It was akin to a grid iron football play with a bunch formation and a pick route.

Kilmarnock are not playing poorly. Burke (RW) has been bright, Jones (LW) less so, and Ndjoli (FC) has been a bit invisible. Maybe we can get Millar on for one of them, or maybe Killie change their shape being down by 2?

As I type this, Killie get a PK. Jones scores it to make it 2-1 right before HT.

The level of play is higher than I expected. I haven't watched the SPL in a while.

Edited by El Diego

2 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Hearts up 2-0. Second goal was a really well worked FK routine; it was actually really clever without being too gimmicky. It was actually rather simple, elegant, and efficient.

Kilmarnock are not playing poorly. Burke (RW) has been bright, Jones (LW) less so, and Ndjoli (FC) has been a bit invisible. Maybe we can get Millar on for one of them, or maybe Killie change their shape being down by 2?

As I type this, Killie get a PK. Jones scores it to make it 2-1 right before HT.

The level of play is higher than I expected. I haven't watched the SPL in a while.

Thought the same thing when I watched Hearts earlier this season.

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Thought the same thing when I watched Hearts earlier this season.

Bodes well for our guys who play there. I'll be honest, I thought it was nice that Godinho was getting minutes, but didn't put much stock in it. I'm not saying it's a super high level or anything, but I've had an image of the SPL being like League One (outside Celtic) max, which now I don't think is the case. To actually watch and realize that he's (sort of?) a regular there gives me more food for thought.

I do wonder if, like a lot of leagues, the gap between the good and the bad teams is REALLY wide. The league table kinda points to that.

5 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Bodes well for our guys who play there. I'll be honest, I thought it was nice that Godinho was getting minutes, but didn't put much stock in it. I'm not saying it's a super high level or anything, but I've had an image of the SPL being like League One (outside Celtic) max, which now I don't think is the case. To actually watch and realize that he's (sort of?) a regular there gives me more food for thought.

I do wonder if, like a lot of leagues, the gap between the good and the bad teams is REALLY wide. The league table kinda points to that.

League One is probably the best comparison to SPL.  Both are good levels but to say SPL is higher than that puts it up against the Championship and that’s a little too high. 

Like the SPL, I don’t think people realize how good league one is.