Liam Millar

Northvansteve

35 minutes ago, zaltan said:

FYI it was not Hearts first team bunch of fringe and players that are going out on loan bit of a joke saying that it was the first team

Sorry didn’t know you were at the game. Do you have the team sheet from hearts?  

Was told by Lfc officially that it was mostly first team players coached by Craig Levin played at Tynecastle but I guess I was wrong.... only reporting what I was told...

Edited by spitfire

6 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Hearts first team just played on Tuesday so unlikely it was near a first XI but there could still be “first team players”.  This would be more like a reserve team.

That is the most likely situation, it was a closed door friendly so Hearts would definitely want to get 1st team squad players some playing time against good opposition, it would hardly reflect the quality of the Scottish League, I'm just glad Liam played well against a good opponent!

22 minutes ago, gator said:

.... it would hardly reflect the quality of the Scottish League

I beg to differ. 

The value of some of these EPL reserve (u23) teams are more if not the same as some SPL teams (Kilmarnock for example). 

That alone speaks something to the quality. Steven Gerard said himself that the quality is lower than he expected. 

37 minutes ago, Shway said:

I beg to differ. 

The value of some of these EPL reserve (u23) teams are more if not the same as some SPL teams (Kilmarnock for example). 

That alone speaks something to the quality. Steven Gerard said himself that the quality is lower than he expected. 

Completely disagree he was probably expecting championship level for all teams minimum but instead got some teams that are about league 1 efl level. Rangers and Celtic could probably both sit around lower  mid table of the prem while teams like kilmarnock hearts and Aberdeen would all be comfortably championship teams. While the rest would be league 1 or between league1 and championship.

Edited by SkuseisLoose

42 minutes ago, nolando said:

Man reading this and all I can think of is York 9 games. Literally look so bad on the league because of the camera angles. Well Y9 attendance is putrid regardless but a completely empty stand is brutal to look at for new spectators.

18 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Completely disagree he was probably expecting championship level for all teams minimum but instead got some teams that are about league 1 efl level. Rangers and Celtic could probably both sit around lower  mid table of the prem 

Yeah, turn of phrase makes his comments sound harsher than intended.  What he said is quite different from "I knew it was bad but not THAT bad" that it's sort of made out to be.

Think Celtic and Rangers would be fighting tooth and nail to avoid the drop myself.  A successful season would be staying up.  But of course neither gets 100M in EPL money currently.

5 hours ago, Snowcrash said:

I've streamed a lot of Gent games this season to follow David and I can objectively say that a mid-table team in the Jupiler Pro League would smoke a similarly placed team in the SPL.

I had the fortune to watch both Gent and Hearts last season within 10 days of each other.  I don’t think the word “smoke” is appropriate.  But it would be very competitive and I’d favour (slightly) a Gent over a Hearts in a competitive fixture or for example, Club Brugge over an Aberdeen.  

Transfermarkt obviously not the final word but total market value of players in millions of Euros has Hearts = 11,  Aberdeen = 12,  Gent = 85, Brugge = 109. These teams might have a competitive game or two, but over the course of a full season in the Jupiler Pro League,  Aberdeen and Hearts are in a dogfight not to get relegated. 

Edited by Snowcrash

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

So spitfire said there was going to be a loan move for Liam a couple weeks ago but now the transfer window is drawing closed. Has the loan move fallen through or will it be announced soon? 

Liverpool is working on getting loans for several of the young guys, I’m sure something will be done with Liam soon.

1 hour ago, Strait Red said:

Liverpool is working on getting loans for several of the young guys, I’m sure something will be done with Liam soon.

The loan will be announced within the next 2 days...had loads of options with lots of moving parts... a big year for Liam so guaranteed plying time is most important in an environment that  suits his playing style...

nit an easy decisions and then the club has to approve it.. stay tuned 

Edited by spitfire

15 minutes ago, spitfire said:

The loan will be announced within the next 2 days...had loads of options with lots of moving parts... a big year for Liam so guaranteed plying time is most important in an environment that  suits his playing style...

nit an easy decisions and then the club has to approve it.. stay tuned 

Are you happy with the result? 

Why loan him if it looks like he isn't going to be in Klopp's plans at all? Just sell him to a team that will play him and have a long term plan for him. Even if he impresses with his new loan spell he'll just end up back at Liverpool and then loaned out again.