Raheem Edwards

Dub Narcotic

• 2 weeks later...

He just started playing for TFC this year so he can't have that big of a sense of entitlement about playing for the CMNT.  And his TFC buddy Osorio has over 100 games in MLS and he got all of 20 minutes.  I am sure the Wizard was in his ear about working hard, TFC needing him in the immediate future and that in the long run he will be an important attacking part of our team.

10 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Too bad he didn't see at least a few minutes. Expect him to be heavily involved vs Jamaica in the fall. Hopefully he continues to improve and perform at club level until then. 

He's really been fantastic for TFC this season. Fully expect his development to continue if he keeps getting the game time. He'll be one of Canada's most important players within a couple years, I have no doubt.

This tournament is a way for Zambrano to assess the players many of whom he probably hasn't seen in action. He attends most TFC games and that might be the reason for the 3 TFC players not getting as much playing time in the GC as he knows what they can do.Plus Davies has been hot and this system that is the position he would playing.

57 minutes ago, to70 said:

He attends most TFC games and that might be the reason for the 3 TFC players not getting as much playing time in the GC as he knows what they can do.Plus Davies has been hot and this system that is the position he would playing.

I don't see that at all.  I'm sure he's going with his best options for the specific roles he wants them to serve (even the maligned Kaye), though Osorio might have forced himself into the starting mid picture ahead of Bernier come Thursday.

3 hours ago, RJB said:

That the Gold Cup allows for these roster changes just adds to the feeling it has as a bush league tournament.  Together with no extra time, no wonder it gets no attention.  The name, the lack of extra time, and the roster shuffling, uggh.

not to mention the two year cycle

It's truly crazy how much skill up front and on the wing Canada has.

To name them, this is how I would rank them considering current ability + future potential. Note, I posted the ages of each to visually display the age of each player at the time of the 2 world cup opportunities, 2022 and 2026. 

Name  -       current age - 2022 age - 2026 age.

Larin -             22  27 - 31 
Davies -           16  21 - 25
Tabla -            18  23 - 27
Edwards          21  26  - 30 
Hamilton         21  26  - 30
Hoilett             27  32   - 36 
Airfield            28   33   - 37
-------
Aird                 21  26  - 30  
Petrasso          22  27 - 31
Akindele          25  30  - 34 
Adekugbe       22  27  - 31         
-------
Jackson-Hamel, Chapman, Froese, Bustos, Morgan. 

There is good blend of top end skill, good subs, and more depth. Eventually players like Osorio won't even get a look. 

This said, these players can cover off forward, wing backs, and probably full back. I'm not sure if Tabla can play CAM, but he says he prefers to play outside, so from these players this is good quality and depth at 5 or 6 positions on the soccer field. 

Canada will still need to produce some good talent at centre back and center midfield. 

The positions up the middle are important and i'm not seeing a replacement for Hutchinson or a CB the quality of even a Miazga or Besler. Hopefully we can find enough quality by 2024-2026 at these positions. 

2 hours ago, Ryansocial said:

It's truly crazy how much skill up front and on the wing Canada has.

To name them, this is how I would rank them considering current ability + future potential. Note, I posted the ages of each to visually display the age of each player at the time of the 2 world cup opportunities, 2022 and 2026. 

Name  -       current age - 2022 age - 2026 age.

Larin -             22  27 - 31 
Davies -           16  21 - 25
Tabla -            18  23 - 27
Edwards          21  26  - 30 
Hamilton         21  26  - 30
Hoilett             27  32   - 36 
Airfield            28   33   - 37
-------
Aird                 21  26  - 30  
Petrasso          22  27 - 31
Akindele          25  30  - 34 
Adekugbe       22  27  - 31         
-------
Jackson-Hamel, Chapman, Froese, Bustos, Morgan. 

There is good blend of top end skill, good subs, and more depth. Eventually players like Osorio won't even get a look. 

This said, these players can cover off forward, wing backs, and probably full back. I'm not sure if Tabla can play CAM, but he says he prefers to play outside, so from these players this is good quality and depth at 5 or 6 positions on the soccer field. 

Canada will still need to produce some good talent at centre back and center midfield. 

The positions up the middle are important and i'm not seeing a replacement for Hutchinson or a CB the quality of even a Miazga or Besler. Hopefully we can find enough quality by 2024-2026 at these positions. 

Here's a list of Canadian and duel nationals 21 and under playing in Europe and Chile ( the twins). I could be missing some though. We might not be in bad shape for the up coming World Cups. Also mix in the Young players in USL/MLS players like Hamilton, Edwards, Davies and Ballou etc.

Dario Zanatta 20 CF
Marcus Godinho 20 RB.
Luca Gasparotto 21 CB
Kosovar Sadiki 18 CB
Zachary Brault-Guillard 18 RB
Andrew Lebre 20 CB
Dane Domic 18 MF
Manolis Zabazis 20 CM
Tristan Borges 18 AM/CM
Kris Twardek 20 LM
Harry Paton 19 CM
Ben Paton 16 LM
Liam Millar 17 CF
Matthew Roberts 17 CF
Malyk Hamilton 17 M
Gabriel Boakye 18 RM
Caniggia Elva 21 AM/M
Manny Aparicio 21 AM
Stephen Eustáquio 20 DM
Uday Arora 20 RM
Axel Desjardins 17 GK
Sebastian Breza 19 GK
Tristan Jumeau 16 LW
Fikayo Tomori 19 CB
Yann-Alexandre Fillion 21 GK
Matthew Laic 17 F
Émile Legault 17 FB
Wesley Timoteo 17 M
Ferdi Kadioglu 17 CM/AM
Elliott Simmons 19 M
Andreas Vaikla 20 GK

Derek Cornelius 19 CB

Diego Gutiérrez 20 M
Cristián Gutiérrez 20 LB

Edited by SpecialK

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Most of those young players will either never play a pro game, have short careers and/or play in lower leagues. Same goes for that list of young keepers you posted. Look at the class of '91 for our goaltending, so many promising players at big clubs in Europe who never made it.

33 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Here's a list of Canadian and duel nationals 21 and under playing in Europe and Chile ( the twins). I could be missing some though. We might not be in bad shape for the up coming World Cups. Also mix in the Young players in USL/MLS players like Hamilton, Edwards, Davies and Ballou etc.

Dario Zanatta 20 CF
Marcus Godinho 20 RB.
Luca Gasparotto 21 CB
Kosovar Sadiki 18 CB
Zachary Brault-Guillard 18 RB
Andrew Lebre 20 CB
Dane Domic 18 MF
Manolis Zabazis 20 CM
Tristan Borges 18 AM/CM
Kris Twardek 20 LM
Harry Paton 19 CM
Ben Paton 16 LM
Liam Millar 17 CF
Matthew Roberts 17 CF
Malyk Hamilton 17 M
Gabriel Boakye 18 RM
Caniggia Elva 21 AM/M
Manny Aparicio 21 AM
Stephen Eustáquio 20 DM
Uday Arora 20 RM
Axel Desjardins 17 GK
Sebastian Breza 19 GK
Tristan Jumeau 16 LW
Fikayo Tomori 19 CB
Yann-Alexandre Fillion 21 GK
Matthew Laic 17 F
Émile Legault 17 FB
Wesley Timoteo 17 M
Ferdi Kadioglu 17 CM/AM
Elliott Simmons 19 M
Andreas Vaikla 20 GK

I think It's a good list, Lots of talent for sure. But like what @jpg75 said only so few make it. 

4 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Most of those young players will either never play a pro game, have short careers and/or play in lower leagues. Same goes for that list of young keepers you posted. Look at the class of '91 for our goaltending, so many promising players at big clubs in Europe who never made it.