Raheem Edwards

Dub Narcotic

8 hours ago, Macksam said:

They were both very good.

Did we watch the same game? Osorio was decent at best. That's being generous

Before someone says "Bring it to another thread". That is my last statement on the topic on this thread

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, PopePouri said:

Beitashour is a RB. Raheem is very left-footed.

The most optimal solution is Morrow moves to left CB and Edwards keeps the left wingback role but I don't think Hagglund loses his spot. He had a decent game tonight. Raheem can still be effective off the bench.

Being left footed shouldnt mean you cant play RWB, we see it happen all over the world. I only say this because Beitashour offers very little going forward, and too many times last year teams wouldn't even account for him in the final 3rd. Morrow is one of the best LWB/LBs in MLS, and scores valuable goals so I doubt Vanney would consider dropping him to CB. And TFC doesnt play with standard wingers, so Beitashour offers Raheem his best chance to become a regular.

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

Yeah he's reliable depth and when Morgan returns that's more competiton but the positive is that TFC keep building depth.

I think he'll have a "hamilton/chapman/delgado" level importance to the squad this season.

Excellent competition for places for our young Canucks. 

25 minutes ago, Fastfeet2 said:

Being left footed shouldnt mean you cant play RWB, we see it happen all over the world. I only say this because Beitashour offers very little going forward, and too many times last year teams wouldn't even account for him in the final 3rd. Morrow is one of the best LWB/LBs in MLS, and scores valuable goals so I doubt Vanney would consider dropping him to CB. And TFC doesnt play with standard wingers, so Beitashour offers Raheem his best chance to become a regular.

This is by design though. Vanney rarely plays both his fullbacks high. He's given Morrow the instructions to go forward as much as possible leading to Beitashour being much more stay-at-home. 

11 minutes ago, shermanator said:

I wonder if the emergence of Edwards at left wingback spells the end of Ashtone Morgan's time with TFC? They're both fighting for the "backup to Justin Morrow" role. 

I think the signing of Mavinga was the end of Ashtones time.

On 4/1/2017 at 9:22 AM, canta15 said:

Did we watch the same game? Osorio was decent at best. That's being generous

Yes. Besides flubbing those two chances, he linked up play nicely between everyone and didn't put in a bad touch the whole game.

17 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

It doesn't make sense. Why would they offer him a new deal and then at the same time, willfully freeze him out with the signing of Mavinga. 

Ask TFC. They're the ones who signed Mavinga a month after re sigining Morgan. And I dont think TFC is freezing anyone out, they're trying to improve their club.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Thought Raheem was a Midfielder ?

He played wing back in last weekend's game, but the left wingback role for TFC is very advanced. He was definitely stronger attacking than defending in the game he played.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2017 at 8:01 AM, PopePouri said:

it's sad I have to go searching for this thread. 

Came on this week and, along with Vasquez, changed the game. He has the potential to be a national team starter for us in the near future.

Sorry I was wrong. Not a potential national team starter but a potential national team star.

4 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

Sorry I was wrong. Not a potential national team starter but a potential national team star.

I just re-watched the match, Edwards was fantastic last night, made all kinds of nice runs into space, was always available, good defending and excellent passing! The one time when he had a shot from a bad angle he probably should have played the ball to Seba in the middle, that's the only criticism I can come up with, hopefully he continues to get games and improve!

His pace and jinky moves reminds me of Raheem Sterling....and like him, what he's missing in his game is decisiveness in the final third and he will be lethal. 

Got to start thinking there will be some pleasant surprises when the Gold Cup Roster is released.

Edited by Jahinho Guerro

36 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

His pace and jinky moves reminds me of Raheem Sterling....and like him, what he's missing in his game is decisiveness in the final third and he will be lethal. 

Got to start thinking there will be some pleasant surprises when the Gold Cup Roster is released.

Re: Gold Cup. Might now be the first choice to come off the bench for Hoilett on the left side of the midfield?