Raheem Edwards

Dub Narcotic

Surprised there was no thread for this player yet, one of the best prospects at USL level and on the team of the week this week.

Edwards, LW/LM, played for TFC academy, graduating to Sheridan College, where he won OCAA Rookie of the year in 2014. Born in 1995 in Toronto and has played for Canada at the U-23 level in the Pan-Am games.

A very strong candidate for a senior contract.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
12 hours ago, Macksam said:

Malik Johnson should make the jump as well.

He was in and out of TFC II line-up last season and I don't think he was at TFC pre-season training this year. If he continues to improve this year at TFC II he might get the chances Raheem got last year. But I think at TFC II Shaan Hundal and Liam Fraser have shown more consistency.

2 hours ago, Ruffian said:

He was in and out of TFC II line-up last season and I don't think he was at TFC pre-season training this year. If he continues to improve this year at TFC II he might get the chances Raheem got last year. But I think at TFC II Shaan Hundal and Liam Fraser have shown more consistency.

He was injured during the period he was completely out of the squad, and to note he had a better goal scoring percentage then Shaan. Also he was with the first team for the beginning of their preseason in California. However he didn't go to Orlando.

I would have to strongly disagree, that Hundal and Fraser have shown more consistency then Johnson - they've played more games (more than Raheem too). I'll agree that his first team chance will come next year. 

As for Liam and Shaan I have them down for the HG class of 2019

Edited by Jahinho Guerro

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

True, Edwards and babouli are 2 future NT players, and played U-20. 

Theres going to be more L1O stories too, hard to believe these 2 and many other would be in beer leagues if it wasn't for L10.

Both of them were playing indoor soccer with a team called Sour Patch Boys.

22 minutes ago, Alex D said:

You must be making that up I hope

nope, best team in the league...played against them. 

Raheem was quick, fast and explosive....but weak (was 18/19).

Babouli was just all round nasty....touch, strength, 1v1, ....I literally had to man mark him out of the game (in which my team won).

The league was actually pretty competitive ...Michael Cox, Frank and John Jonke, Andrew Ornoch, Jordan Webb, Anthony Bahadur, Joshua Lemos...to name a few that were playing that season.

Edited by Jahinho Guerro