Raheem Edwards

Dub Narcotic

55 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

edwards has more minutes this season that de jong, adekugbe, morgan and tissot combined.

What's the deal with de Jong? is he hurt?

Also to be fair, Adekugbe's still in England and Morgan is hurt.

Also Edwards at Gold Cup is a must if he continues to play the way he is

Edited by matty

1 minute ago, matty said:

What's the deal with de Jong? is he hurt?

Also to be fair, Adekugbe's still in England and Morgan is hurt.

i was including Adekugbe's minutes in england, i believe he's played in 2 games all year unless I'm mistaken.

And yes, morgan is hurt.

As for De Jong, I think he's in a tough spot because Jordan harvey is better than him at lb and he hasn't impressed much as a winger in their system.

1 minute ago, lazlo_80 said:

i was including Adekugbe's minutes in england, i believe he's played in 2 games all year unless I'm mistaken.

And yes, morgan is hurt.

As for De Jong, I think he's in a tough spot because Jordan harvey is better than him at lb and he hasn't impressed much as a winger in their system.

Awww my mistake thought we were just talking MLS. I think he's been in one league game over there.

1 hour ago, johnyb said:

Considering Zambrano mentioned using the Gold Cup to have a look at some "Young Players" I would think Edwards is a shoe in. Great oppourtunity to Cap tie as well.

God. That comment still bothers me. It's like the one thing he's said about Canadian soccer that feels wrong/ignorant. I'm fine if he selects edwards and tabla and maybe davies if he can, but if he goes overboard imma be questioning his logic.

Zambrano will most likely want to do well in his first major tournament with the senior team, and having at look at some young players like the ones you mentioned, does not mean that the entire team will be stocked with u-23 players or the like.  The players you mentioned are all deserving of call ups but I really don't think there will be too many more on the roster.  And of course he is building towards the next round of qualifying and the current group did not achieve the necessary results so there needs to be some change with the roster going forward. 

23 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Zambrano will most likely want to do well in his first major tournament with the senior team, and having at look at some young players like the ones you mentioned, does not mean that the entire team will be stocked with u-23 players or the like.  The players you mentioned are all deserving of call ups but I really don't think there will be too many more on the roster.  And of course he is building towards the next round of qualifying and the current group did not achieve the necessary results so there needs to be some change with the roster going forward. 

I think and am hopeful he is. But that quote was all the wrong words. It's concerning that would even come out in that manner.

• 2 weeks later...

Edwards has been a standout for TFC lately. In my opinion he has been their most exciting player outside of Giovinco and Vazquez, I'm sure his latest performances wont go unnoticed by Zambrano. He is making runs and showing flashes of attacking that have been changing games. I'm really hopeful it continues!

Edited by bwilly11

2 hours ago, bwilly11 said:

Edwards has been a standout for TFC lately. In my opinion he has been their most exciting player outside of Giovinco and Vazquez, I'm sure his latest performances wont go unnoticed by Zambrano. He is making runs and showing flashes of attacking that have been changing games. I'm really hopeful it continues!

Altidore is up there

On 4/14/2016 at 8:42 PM, Dub Narcotic said:

Surprised there was no thread for this player yet, one of the best prospects at USL level and on the team of the week this week.

Edwards, LW/LM, played for TFC academy, graduating to Sheridan College, where he won OCAA Rookie of the year in 2014. Born in 1995 in Toronto and has played for Canada at the U-23 level in the Pan-Am games.

A very strong candidate for a senior contract.

Digging up the first post in this thread...what is Edwards back story? Youth club? How early did he join TFC Academy? Then was ii college, L1O, then USL and MLS in that order?

Edited by masster

1 hour ago, masster said:

Digging up the first post in this thread...what is Edwards back story? Youth club? How early did he join TFC Academy? Then was is college, L1O, then USL and MLS in that order?

I'm pretty sure he played for Erin Mills, who have a decent history of players coming through their program. IIRC Robert Stillo came from there. Also, I saw them play at the Sigma showcase last Dec and although I can't track down his name, one of the flashier players on that day was from Erin Mills.

I think it's Erin Mills, Sheridan, TFCA/TFCII (L1O/USL), TFC

7 hours ago, canta15 said:

Altidore is up there

Lots of guys playing well for TFC, but Altidore is the King so far. Bradley has been mostly very consistent, too. Hagglund, too.  But Altidore is doing a ton of great stuff out there, and in every game.

54 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

A nice article on the mls site on Edwards including his background in the game:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/05/16/10-things-about-toronto-fc-sensation-raheem-edwards

I didn't know about the connection with Mo Babouli.......nice to hear. I hope Mo can take that confidence in himself to get a new gig somewhere soon.

I'm surprised he hasn't been picked up somewhere in USL. Maybe there's already talk with prospective clubs in the CPL.

• 3 weeks later...

First, I love that this board can have so many disparate opinions and express them so respectfully.

Being in Vancouver I haven't seen Edwards play yet but it sounds like he should be included in the roster at least. 

I'm not too bothered by OZs coments. I can see why they might rub people the wrong way. I think winning ought to be the priority but I see it like this:

It's not like we're favourites to make any kind of impression in this tournament. If these young guys are pushing the older guys, I don't see why we shouldn't go with them. We don't have much to lose at this point. Might as well play like a team with nothing to lose. 

Best case scenario, they play well and gain valuable experience. Also, we get to evaluate them on the biggest stage we get (barring wcq which is not the time for evaluation anyway.)

Worst case, we crash out in the group stage which sadly wouldn't be a big departure from the norm for us. 

On 6/6/2017 at 4:58 AM, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, I am just being a shit.  For the most part, you are totally right. 

Haha, all good. I thought it was funny. I've just been on a msg board for Rugby League in the UK since Toronto has a team there now, and it seems like every thread there devolves into personal attacks lol. Back on topic, I'm looking forward to seeing Raheem get some minutes vs Curacao.

4 hours ago, Markus said:

Haha, all good. I thought it was funny. I've just been on a msg board for Rugby League in the UK since Toronto has a team there now, and it seems like every thread there devolves into personal attacks lol. Back on topic, I'm looking forward to seeing Raheem get some minutes vs Curacao.

Wolfpack are killing it. Have to think they'll promote to 2nd tier.