Raheem Edwards

Dub Narcotic

I hope LAFC keep him, more chance to play there and, as I mentioned earlier, you always need left sided depth. With the relatively huge budget available to LA I don't know there's a lot of need to play tricks with trades to get small amounts of allocation money like past expansion teams.

Doyle again speculating on the live show that TFC will try to trade for him like they did with Irwin. Drafting two similar players who can play the same position in the five would also suggest that may be in the works.

Then again, Bill Manning said in the radio that the team management did have an argument over leaving a particular player exposed and I bet it was Edwards as he was an obvious choice to many

1 hour ago, Rheo said:

I figure some of TFC's thinking in exposing him is that LA may not want to use a foreign spot on a Canadian.

MLS teams have enough foreign spots available to them to make that nothing like as big an issue as some people make it out to be on here. If a player is good enough teams will be interested. Was surprised he was left unprotected but with a roster as deep as TFC's there were no doubt difficult decisions to be made.

3 minutes ago, matty said:

Curious if they trade him back asap but not a bad spot to be. I suspect they keep Edwards and moving Raitala since Edwards is a HGP and domestic league wide

He's not. If he was a Homegrown player he wouldn't have been eligible for the expansion draft. He counts as an international there.

I want to see TFC get him back by trading them Ben Spencer and Tsubasa Endoh and other non-Canadians we don't really need, rather than using Chapman and Hamilton. Apart from my own wish of wanting to see Canadians playing for TFC, TFC will want to win the Canadian Championship again and if they lose all of their  Canadian players who can potentially start, will be 3rd or 4th string choice Canadians to make that quota (I mean, what if Osorio or Ricketts are injured when the Canadian championship comes around and they lost Edwards, Chapman and Hamilton as well?)

Just now, Gian-Luca said:

He's not. If he was a Homegrown player he wouldn't have been eligible for the expansion draft. He counts as an international there.

I want to see TFC get him back by trading them Ben Spencer and Tsubasa Endoh and other non-Canadians we don't really need, rather than using Chapman and Hamilton. Apart from my own wish of wanting to see Canadians playing for TFC, TFC will want to win the Canadian Championship again and if they lose all of their  Canadian players who can potentially start, will be 3rd or 4th string choice Canadians to make that quota (I mean, what if Osorio or Ricketts are injured when the Canadian championship comes around and they lost Edwards, Chapman and Hamilton as well?)

Then I guess the various reports on him as Homegrown, including those from MLS, are wrong

Also wrong only some HGP were protected http://nationalpost.com/pmn/sports-pmn/major-league-soccer-releases-expansion-draft-player-list-for-los-angeles-fc

Actually there is no "Intl" next to his name right now on the mlssoccer website for LAFC's roster, so it looks like he doesn't count as a homegrown player for Toronto but does count as a domestic for LAFC, which is bizarre to me. Unless they are trading back for him, it makes it somewhat insane to have left him off the roster if that was the case.

This is a bad move for Raheem given his salary, he can't live at home anymore so he probably loses money this way - if it lasts.

14 hours ago, lazlo_80 said:

To that point i wouldn't be shocked if another team gave LAFC the TAM, GAM or whatever they wanted to get him. Seriously a left sided player of that calibre at that age and that low of a price is incredibly valuable in MLS.

14 hours ago, BradMack said:

Imagine if this is how the Impact solve their left back issue....

40 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

Multiple reports of a Montreal/LAFC deal for Edwards. Not a done deal yet, though.

My god, nightmares do come true.

2 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

LAFC have selected Raheem Edwards from TFC in the Expansion Draft.  They selected a LB from Columbus with the previous pick, so one of the LBs will likely be moving. 

Edwards isn’t a left back