Raheem Edwards

Dub Narcotic

1 hour ago, badname22 said:

Feel bad for the man. It's obvious he has the ability and potential but from what I've seen it appears that he doesn't fit into Oz's system. Oz appears to prefer wingers to play inside more and supply goals which is the opposite of what Raheem does. Such a shame

I wouldn't assume anything is set in stone at this point. He'll get more shots.

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

So looks like Raheem was left unprotected by TFC for the expansion draft. Can't say i wouldn't mind seeing the Impact make a move for him. 

yeah, I hope he signs for a club that will start him. At 22 he needs significant minutes if he is to develop and reach his potential

29 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

With Hasler, Irwin, and Cooper all available. I don't think any of the Canadians are moving anywhere.

Not so sure - Edwards’ salary is quite low if I recall correctly so that would make him an attractive pick up - he would count as an international I think but then so are Hasler and Cooper so no advantage there.  I think his best chance to stay is if L.A. needs a keeper and takes Irwin 

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

Not so sure - Edwards’ salary is quite low if I recall correctly so that would make him an attractive pick up - he would count as an international I think but then so are Hasler and Cooper so no advantage there.  I think his best chance to stay is if L.A. needs a keeper and takes Irwin 

I don't really see the advantage in taking Edwards over Hasler. Bradley isn't the type of coach to take potential over proven. 

45 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

I don't really see the advantage in taking Edwards over Hasler. Bradley isn't the type of coach to take potential over proven. 

I'm thinking cap space. Maybe it won't be as much of a factor with the cap increasing, but I believe Edwards is making the league minimum and I'm assuming Hasler must be making around three to five times more (I think the salaries came out before Hasler was signed but can't imagine he'd come over from Europe for $100k or less.)

Still, I hope you are right. Irwin got taken last year then TFC traded back for him, I wonder if they would bother to do that this year given Bono's emergence.

I doubt Edwards will be selected.  Often times backroom deals are done in advance on which players will be picked - or incentives given not to pick anyone.  

Hasler is on the league minimum. 

I think Bradley would take Beitashour over Hasler though as he’s a domestic and as importantly experienced in the league. 

With the huge bump in TAM coming this year, I’d expect to see TFC bringing in a new RB with some of that, especially considering how we play. So exposing one is not a surprise. 

IIRC Edwards was never a TFC Academy player, but signed directly with TFC 2.

IMO the order that TFC might lose a player to expansion draft is

1. Raheem Edwards: min cap hit and has potential. Expansion draft is where a lot of teams build up their depth and bench players. Int spot might turn off LAFC from taking Edwards, but Bob Bradley might take a gamble on him.

2. Clint Irwin: I'd have put Irwin as #1, except Jeff Attinella of Timbers is also available. I can't see Bob Bradley not taking either Irwin or Attinella for starter GK. Cap friendly too.

3. Tosaint Ricketts: probably can start in at least half of MLS teams IMO. I think LAFC is going to get a stud DP CF, but Ricketts at least can be the 3rd striker and be super sub.

I don't think LAFC trades back any player they took in expansion draft. They are flushed with GAM and with increase in TAM, it's just not really worth it to trade back a player, when they do need to build their depth, and they only get to select 5.

When I saw the unprotected list his name jumped out to me right away. He has potential to be elite in MLS in my opinion and was a gamebreaker for TFC at times this season. The problem is Justin Morrow is elite in MLS and has better shooting boots. I think this could be a prospect too good for LAFC to pass up, but thats probably just my Canadian bias and they probably don't see him like that. 

On one hand, I think he'd probably have a solid chance at winning the starting spot with LAFC. On the other, the TFC system suits him perfectly and TFC has a lot more games this season if they plan to go for the CCL, JMO can't play them all. 

54 minutes ago, Dub Narcotic said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Edwards move, he would be near starting on most other MLS teams, especially given the persistent dearth of left-sided players.

Even if he was a spot starter and got more than the min that TFC gave him this year.    Lots of teams could find a spot for a pacy LW that can rack up 6 assists in 1000min.  

I would not be shocked if bob picks a tfc player. He likely follows tfc more than any other mls team and likely has chatted with brad about the team. If edwards does move to L.A. it would likely be a good move for him in terms of playing time and working with one of the regions top coaches (even if he is regarded as tje worst epl coach ever).

18 minutes ago, matty said:

I would not be shocked if bob picks a tfc player. He likely follows tfc more than any other mls team and likely has chatted with brad about the team. If edwards does move to L.A. it would likely be a good move for him in terms of playing time and working with one of the regions top coaches (even if he is regarded as tje worst epl coach ever).

To that point i wouldn't be shocked if another team gave LAFC the TAM, GAM or whatever they wanted to get him. Seriously a left sided player of that calibre at that age and that low of a price is incredibly valuable in MLS.

7 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

To that point i wouldn't be shocked if another team gave LAFC the TAM, GAM or whatever they wanted to get him. Seriously a left sided player of that calibre at that age and that low of a price is incredibly valuable in MLS.

Imagine if this is how the Impact solve their left back issue....