Raheem Edwards

Dub Narcotic

Raheem is our most in form LB right now. He's a tremendous for TFC down that side.  If he can continue this form I imagine a Edwards and  Hoilett coming down that side is going to give CONCACAF teams problems.  

Lets not overhype him until he has a full season in but this is a promising start.

1 minute ago, baulderdash77 said:

Raheem is our most in form LB right now. He's a tremendous for TFC down that side.  If he can continue this form I imagine a Edwards and  Hoilett coming down that side is going to give CONCACAF teams problems.  

Lets not overhype him until he has a full season in but this is a promising start.

I like him more at LM but I don't see him starting over Hoilett, although I wouldn't mind it.

38 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

All this talk about Ballou and Davies but Raheem has been just as good and exciting. We talk about Larin getting service.....he might be the one.

At his rate right now, I expect him to be with the CMNT in June and July.

Not to take anything away from Raheem's emergence, he's been fantastic, but it's important to remember that he isn't exactly in the same age group as Davies or Tabla. If we compare him with other 95s like Adekugbe though, we get an interesting battle for that left side.

35 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Certainly not over Hoilett at LM.  I was imagining overlap play with Hoilett and Edwards together down the left side.

That just spells disaster. Edwards is not a Lb and should not play there. I'd rather have him as impact sub at Lm for Hoilett

1 hour ago, canta15 said:

That just spells disaster. Edwards is not a Lb and should not play there. I'd rather have him as impact sub at Lm for Hoilett

He's not an LB but he has shown good defense instincts. Maybe try him at LM and push Hoilett into the centre. 

7 minutes ago, yomurphy1 said:

He's not an LB but he has shown good defense instincts. Maybe try him at LM and push Hoilett into the centre. 

I would keep him as an alternative for LM if we want to move away from an inverted winger on that side, but I don't necessarily think that's a change that has to be made. Hoilett is very effective in that role for us.

Davies would probably be a better option in that role than Edwards, who I keep on wanting to type as "Sterling". Almost happened again just now :lol:

12 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

The easy solution is to push Hoilett to second striker. That's actually his best position and the one he wants to play. 

I think that would be a great look, Cyle playing the "Altidore" role and Hoilett playing the "Giovinco" role.

I would still play Tabla or Davies ahead of Edwards at LM though, assuming we line up in a 4-4-2.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Davies would probably be a better option in that role than Edwards.

Highly debatable.

Yes he's older, but Raheem has shown a little more decisiveness/what to do after he beats 1 guy. Davies has the tendency to want to beat 1 guy and then the next which sometimes leads to a loss of possession. 

4 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Highly debatable.

Yes he's older, but Raheem has shown a little more decisiveness/what to do after he beats 1 guy. Davies has the tendency to want to beat 1 guy and then the next which sometimes leads to a loss of possession. 

Yeah both are good options. Depends on who your cup of tea is I suppose.

5 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

Interested to see what he can do in a back four. 

I wonder if De Jong is looking over his shoulder right now? Not playing at all recently for Vancouver.

9 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

Based on current form, if Canada were to line up in a similar formation to TFC, this is something I would like to see:

--------------------Larin-----AJH--------------------

Edwards-------------Hoilett -----------------Arfield

--------------Johnson--------------Hutch--------------

So, you want Canada to play with 3 at the back?  I'd be worried about that ... but what the hell, it's not like we can do worse at the GC than the last 3 editions!

Good to finally see a young Canadian player at TFC that very much looks the part in MLS rather than just cheap roster fillers that are getting minutes mainly due to the salary cap and domestic content requirements:

Altidore will get the headlines, but Edwards had a huge role in both goals. Hopefully a sign that the USL II team is going to create a production line of MLS quality players in the years ahead.

2 hours ago, Addona said:

So, you want Canada to play with 3 at the back?  I'd be worried about that ... but what the hell, it's not like we can do worse at the GC than the last 3 editions!

I'd be pretty worried too, but the thing is, we don't really have much at the back at the moment, so we might as well go for it!

2 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

Based on current form, if Canada were to line up in a similar formation to TFC, this is something I would like to see:

--------------------Larin-----AJH--------------------

Edwards-------------Hoilett -----------------Arfield

--------------Johnson--------------Hutch--------------

I agree with lining up like TFC but hat isn't the formation TFC plays, the two outside players are wingbacks rather than wingers and the midfield is more like two central players and a holding man  

More like:

--------------Larin----Hoilett-----------------

-------------Johnson---Arfield--------------

Edwards-------Hutchinson-----------Aird

-----------Vitoria--James--Jakovc-------

Based on Aird's last match for us and Edwards current form I think that is the best team we could put out, it'll never happen but that's the way to line up if we want all our best players in their natural positions. 

Edited by Keegan