Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

La Liga really got my attention there. Would absolutely love to see it. Something tells me he'd fare better there than the EPL, somehow.

Trying not to get too excited about that until something more concrete happens, but I do think Richie deserves a big opportunity, be it at Forest or somewhere else in the top 5. He's in his prime and has always been dependable for Canada. Thought he was one of our most dangerous players in the NL final. Matched a player like Fulham's Robinson on a few occasions. Never looks out of place, whether we are playing USA, Mexico, or Belgium. 

4 hours ago, narduch said:

Wonder if Larin's success has helped open doors 

Have to remember they are intimate friends, they are very close. They also have a similar mentality, sort of intense, quiet, but very focused. Laryea seems more the maniac, but if you follow Larin he has that mental strength to protect his best interest. I suspect Larin has been talking to Richie. 

Anyways, I am really surprised, and don't know how anyone in Spain could possibly have a clue about him, but bring it on.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Could he work with any of the newly promoted teams? Laryea feels like the type of player who is very low risk high reward, and he’s probably cheap enough that if he can’t hack it, which I think he can, it’s not a big deal.

That is what I thought right away - a bargain attacking player who has showed in the international context that he can compete at a high level.  If there is any merit to those rumours, a newly promoted team seems like one of the more likely scenarios.  

4 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Could he work with any of the newly promoted teams? Laryea feels like the type of player who is very low risk high reward, and he’s probably cheap enough that if he can’t hack it, which I think he can, it’s not a big deal.

I am not sure of his salary, but considering how they are paying in England, I doubt anyone in Spain in that situation of just promoting signs Laryea and pays him 700,000€ to be their slash and burn outside hell-raiser. I mean, 70% of that maybe. But even then: no one knows who he is, they don't even know him in England. Much less in a role on the pitch that is not really that decisive.

Maybe if they offer to pay part but not all his salary to N Forest.

Yeah he’s been great for Toronto but would like to see him go back to Europe if not to open up a roster spot for another young Canadian on Toronto. 

I wonder if Toronto is waiting until after the gold cup to make a move in case he gets injured over the next few games. They have no real incentive to pay for him during the international window.

I just gotta say - I fucking love this guy.  I know he isn’t one of “the phenoms” but damn he is a great guy to have as part of the team.  I am comfortable with him as a starter who can run all friggin day, but he is also a pretty amazing bench option where he can slot into any one of about 5 different positions (and play well in all of them).   He may never be our superstar but he is a pretty key player for the team.  

I really hope that when the dust settles on his contract/transfer/loan, he is somewhere that he can showcase his talent.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

I just gotta say - I fucking love this guy.  I know he isn’t one of “the phenoms” but damn he is a great guy to have as part of the team.  I am comfortable with him as a starter who can run all friggin day, but he is also a pretty amazing bench option where he can slot into any one of about 5 different positions (and play well in all of them).   He may never be our superstar but he is a pretty key player for the team.  

I really hope that when the dust settles on his contract/transfer/loan, he is somewhere that he can showcase his talent.  

Not to mention how much football he’s played - even more than guys who are opting for a break. 

I don't believe the Liga insinuations are at all true (and it tees me off that OneSoccer puts them alongside legit rumours), because as I've said many times, there has to be smoke for there to be fire. And there is nothing. The rumour mills in major league contexts are massive and nothing gets missed. If it is in the interest of the buyer to not have rival bidders, it is never in the interest of the player to have only one private offer. 

• 2 weeks later...