Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NF pulls off the minor upset against Brighton and keeps their hopes, and Steve Cooper's career, alive. Still need five or six points to give themselves a chance, but it's more realistic now. I don't watch the Prem much, but this game wasn't exactly a showcase for it. So many cheap giveaways by both teams.

39 minutes ago, narduch said:

"Reports say" is often code for making stuff up but an interesting situation.  I'm sure there are a lot of relegation clauses in that side but not sure if they will get rid of Cooper if they go down.  I believe he and Moyes are the only managers in the bottom half of the league that started the season and weren't replaced.  If they stuck with him this long, I can't imagine relegation -which was half expected - would neccesarily change that.  But maybe he leaves.  

Anyway - They have Southampton, Chelsea, Arsenal and Palace left.  Two look very beatable at the moment, one has looked good but might not care last day and one is Arsenal. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

4 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

"Reports say" is often code for making stuff up but an interesting situation.  I'm sure there are a lot of relegation clauses in that side but not sure if they will get rid of Cooper if they go down.  I believe he and Moyes are the only managers in the bottom half of the league that started the season and weren't replaced.  If they stuck with him this long, I can't imagine relegation -which was half expected - would neccesarily change that.  But maybe he leaves.  

Anyway - They have Southampton, Chelsea, Arsenal and Palace left.  Two look very beatable at the moment, one has looked good but might not care last day and one is Arsenal. 

Southampton D
Chelsea L
Arsenal L
Palace L

They are getting relegated, and the fire sale starts.

Richie did play lights out going forward, but lost in all of this is that he pulled up and stopped playing believing he was fouled on the play that led to the second goal. Ball never went out and then it was a beer league 2 on 1 down the left. 

I love Richie but sometimes his theatrics with the reffing don’t come off and it costs. 

1 hour ago, shorty said:

Richie did play lights out going forward, but lost in all of this is that he pulled up and stopped playing believing he was fouled on the play that led to the second goal. Ball never went out and then it was a beer league 2 on 1 down the left. 

I love Richie but sometimes his theatrics with the reffing don’t come off and it costs. 

You are bang on. Love Richie’s game and he deserves better but he was too busy bitching and moaning on what probably was a foul to get back and defend.  

16 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

You are bang on. Love Richie’s game and he deserves better but he was too busy bitching and moaning on what probably was a foul to get back and defend.  

It's understandably hard to stay focused and composed in the middle of a tire fire.  The man seems like the only one who gives a shit on the field.  Just be glad his theatrics are at the refs and not his team and coach, cause I'm pretty sure that is not far off from happening.

Where does Laryea stand in the LB/LWB charts. 

Obviously this assumes that AJ is taking the RB spot with buchanan at RWB. 

Davies is the number 1 but is laryea ahead of adekugbe. It seems like herdman has given laryea the edge on the left over sam in recent memory. 

54 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Where does Laryea stand in the LB/LWB charts. 

Obviously this assumes that AJ is taking the RB spot with buchanan at RWB. 

Davies is the number 1 but is laryea ahead of adekugbe. It seems like herdman has given laryea the edge on the left over sam in recent memory. 

I still think he's third. I reckon if AJ hadn't have been suspended for Curacao, Richie would've been an impact sub like Sam.

12 minutes ago, FreddyCanuck said:

I still think he's third. I reckon if AJ hadn't have been suspended for Curacao, Richie would've been an impact sub like Sam.

I agree that AJ would have started. However, that is for RCB or RB in a back 4. 

AJ starting does not really provide rationale for if laryea is 2nd behind davies or 3rd behind sam at LB/LWB. 

7 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

I agree that AJ would have started. However, that is for RCB or RB in a back 4. 

AJ starting does not really provide rationale for if laryea is 2nd behind davies or 3rd behind sam at LB/LWB. 

Sorry, meant to say if Tajon wasn't hurt. Saw AJ referenced above and got mixed up!

3 hours ago, FreddyCanuck said:

I think Davies and Buchanan are the clear starters in a 3-5-2 but 3/4 is a toss up between Richie and Sam depending on whether you want more offence or defense in that position depending on who you are up against. 

As for 4-4-2, I give Sam the edge on the left as he is better defensively.  And Richie is behind AJ on the right unless you are prioritising offence and the LW on the opposing team is not a real threat.