Ballou Tabla

shermanator

14 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

Anyone else making that other than Bekker or Bustos? Are they really going to give him that kind of money? Maybe they are, because he's on a three year deal and it's Atletico Madrid?

He's got upside but also significant downside. He stinks out the joint in Can PL and he's done. High risk high reward for both parties. I like it a lot.

Not sure to be honest, but I would be surprised if he wasn't offered something in that ball park. 

After digesting it a bit yesterday I have warmed up to it. I really hope he can kick on from here.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, costarg said:

Curious to know how he's doing... has any caught many games?  Can any Ottawa fans comment on how Tabla has been doing please?

I've seen 3 matches - in my opinion he has been good but not above the general CPL level or anything.  Think he would need to show quite a bit more to get another shot in MLS but its still early in the season

• 1 month later...

Hopefully the first of many, but not too many, as I want to see him go above and beyond CPL before long.

The jump to Atletico Madrid would obviously be massive, if not unrealistic, but Atletico San Luis in Liga MX could be a good eventual destination, perhaps. It's still early of course, but I hope the consortium of 'Atletico' clubs can provide Tabla a new home once he consistently proves all he can at this level. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I feel the bridge has been burned with MTL and, as much as I would love to see it happen, the jump straight to Athletico Madrid is unlikely to happen :(

However, as a an alumnie of MTL's academy Tabla is considering an homegrown player by MLS rules, and therefore automatically a domestic one. I feel that's both a credible and the best way ahead for Tabla: use the fact he can be considered a domestic player in MLS' American clubs to carve himself a way back to *somewhere* in MLS and go from there.

Edited by phil03

46 minutes ago, phil03 said:

Sadly I feel the bridge has been burned with MTL and, as much as I would love to see it happen, the jump straight to Athletico Madrid is unlikely to happen :(

However, as a an alumnie of MTL's academy Tabla is considering an homegrown player by MLS rules, and therefore automatically a domestic one. I feel that both a credible and the best way ahead for Tabla: use the fact he can be considered a domestic player in MLS' American clubs to car ce himself a way back to *somewhere* in MLS and go from there.

There's always Atletico San Luis. He's still very far away from that, but it's more realistic than Atletico Madrid.

• 2 weeks later...