Ballou Tabla

shermanator

1 minute ago, Stoppage Time said:

So it is imperative that their agents work hard to find them a good soccer gig. It would be good for some to play in the CSL. I would far rather see Canadians play for a CSL club than foreign players with equivalent skills.

CPL...I know you know...but that's a honest massive mistake lol.
If our young boys are playing there....then their career is pretty much over.

7 minutes ago, Shway said:

The CPL is better in every respect, obviously, but even that step down is unnecessary IMO and probably won't happen. 

I think Tabla resigns for less money. He was on a quarter million dollars. Cut that in half and he's still making way more than he could ever get in the CPL. 

Tabla's issue in my eyes is less about not being good enough and more about just reducing the salary and keeping fit. I have no doubt he gets his chance next season if those two conditions are met.

Major League Soccer is comfortably his current level, no need to drop down IMO.

Just swallow the pay cut, get fit, and have a good attitude if you're Tabla.

Is it hard for any team to pass on a young guy, even who recovered from an injury, that was a prospect/ played at La Masia? Wouldn’t it be too hard for a club to resist?

I really think he needs a change of environment away from Montreal. Club de ❄️Flakes Montréal do a good job of ruining their homegrown talent. 

9 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

Is it hard for any team to pass on a young guy, even who recovered from an injury, that was a prospect/ played at La Masia? Wouldn’t it be too hard for a club to resist?

I really think he needs a change of environment away from Montreal. Club de ❄️Flakes Montréal do a good job of ruining their homegrown talent. 

I think this is a unique case.  Nancy has done a good job with waterman brault guilard and choeniere!  He’s also given minutes to other young players.

but a change of scenery might be good 

On 12/1/2021 at 2:59 AM, Shway said:

People would have said that about Mark Anthony Kaye moving to Louisville. Just occasionally it works and that's why it's important to have lower budget professional tiers. Suspect having Barcelona on his CV will still get Ballou Tabla a shot at some lower level European clubs that would pay better though.

I know there are rumours about Tabla being a problem at Montreal but objectively speaking it's clear he was treated unfairly at times as well. I.e. coming on and scoring a brace in the Voyageurs Cup and then being glued to the bench when his team needed a goal the following weekend.

He ended the season with 2 goals in 94 minutes this season FFS. How did Montreal not give him more time? It's inexcusable. Maybe there were off field issues but how do you deny that production?

He needs out of Montreal and I agree with @Ozzie_the_parrotthat there will be teams in Europe who are willing to take a chance on him. 22 years old with 2 caps for Canada, 30+ appearances between Barcelona B and Albacete, 37 appearances for an MLS side and a decent showing for Canada U23 this year.

Get out of Montreal. Get out on your own somewhere and make it happen.

14 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

People would have said that about Mark Anthony Kaye moving to Louisville. Just occasionally it works and that's why it's important to have lower budget professional tiers. Suspect having Barcelona on his CV will still get Ballou Tabla a shot at some lower level European clubs that would pay better though.

Exactly, Tyler Pasher had to toil in the USL for a while before getting picked up by the Dynamos and now he’s a pretty entrenched part of their squad. It’s not over for him yet.

5 minutes ago, frattinator said:

Exactly, Tyler Pasher had to toil in the USL for a while before getting picked up by the Dynamos and now he’s a pretty entrenched part of their squad. It’s not over for him yet.

Pasher also came to MLS with a reputation for being a consistently hardworking player, someone who was reliable both on and off the pitch. 

55 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

wait what...maybe I was misunderstood. 

I wasn't saying that going to the Canadian Premier League your career is pretty much over.
I was implying that in reference to going to the Canadian Soccer League (which the user mistakenly said).

12 hours ago, Shway said:

wait what...maybe I was misunderstood. 

I wasn't saying that going to the Canadian Premier League your career is pretty much over.
I was implying that in reference to going to the Canadian Soccer League (which the user mistakenly said).

He also could have been (mistakenly) saying Chinese Super League, which would be better than Canadian Soccer League!

• 2 months later...

I hope this is the start of him turning it around, but I wonder what went into this choice. Was it more because Ottawa is close to home, or is expecting to earn his way back to Spain via the Atletico umbrella? Now, I would obviously be thrilled if that were to happen, even if it meant joining the Atletico B team in the future, but I just hope he's under no delusions. Just put your head down and work hard.

Good luck Ballou!

Whatever the circumstances (and despite the bad signs) I am still hoping he turns a corner, refocuses on being the kind of player he can still be, and puts in the necessary work.  He has tons of potential and that simply doesn’t evaporate.  But the clock is ticking for him to establish a solid pro career.  

Tabla has been floundering for a while, but funny enough if you go check out his club stats he basically has the same number of goals and games played as Liam Millar, who is the same age, and he actually has more club appearances than Buchanan, who is also from his age cohort.  

It's not too late for him to pick it back up and carve out a nice career for himself. 

9 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Tabla has been floundering for a while, but funny enough if you go check out his club stats he basically has the same number of goals and games played as Liam Millar, who is the same age, and he actually has more club appearances than Buchanan, who is also from his age cohort.  

It's not too late for him to pick it back up and carve out a nice career for himself. 

Absolutely but the choice of Atletico Ottawa raises some red flags for me. Is this a "fresh start"? Or just the next closest club to the alleged bad influences in Montreal that have derailed his career? 

His resume should have been enough for another look in MLS, or if he was going to sign in CPL he should have gone to Forge or Pacific for some continental football. 

2 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Absolutely but the choice of Atletico Ottawa raises some red flags for me. Is this a "fresh start"? Or just the next closest club to the alleged bad influences in Montreal that have derailed his career? 

His resume should have been enough for another look in MLS, or if he was going to sign in CPL he should have gone to Forge or Pacific for some continental football. 

Agreed. Moving further away geographically may have suggested he's moving out of his comfort zone as well, which I would have felt better about. 

I would have agreed with the MLS point in the recent past, but I just don't think he did enough to earn a chance anywhere, even with his resume, unless it was with a reserve team. The CPL was probably the right move to rebuild his reputation, but I have reservations about the club (nothing against them specifically).