Ballou Tabla

shermanator

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

What a spectacular goal. I really wonder if he factors back into the CMNT picture at some point in his career. 

I think he will. He’s electric and one of the most talented players in the country. I think he’s falling back in love with the game this year.

Saw this in the flesh. I also saw Tabla pick up a yellow for petulantly throwing the ball away after Cavalry scored. The best and worst of Ballou was truly on display this afternoon. I for one was entertained. 

Outside of those two things he was good, without being spectacular. Plays within the team and doesn't try to do everything himself, which is a sign of maturity and progress. 

3 hours ago, narduch said:

So far all the CPL to MLS transfers have only been defenders.

Hopefully that starts to change 

That and it would also be good for the MLS transfers to not stay limited to Canadian clubs. 

I know a lot of people here have a dismal opinion of the MLS' homegrown rule but I do think there might a serious opportunity for the CPL there. ''We are a league with a perfectly respectable level of play and you can reinforce your lineup at a fairly low cost with us. Oh, and best of it all we have several options for you to do so that would actually count as domestic players!'' is a fairly descent pitch to make IMO, and Tabla would, once again IMO, be a good example of a player to whom it would apply.

1 hour ago, archer21 said:

How good has Tabla been this year? I mostly only catch highlights of Ottawa games, but they’re clearly playing at a much higher level than previous years. How much of this is due to Tabla?

He’s been a key player but Ollie Bassett has probably been their best player. 

As an advertisement for the league this goal really couldn’t have been scored by a better player. People look this guy up and see his resume playing in our league together with this goal ... it’s a good look.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He’s been a key player but Ollie Bassett has probably been their best player. 

As an advertisement for the league this goal really couldn’t have been scored by a better player. People look this guy up and see his resume playing in our league together with this goal ... it’s a good look.

Wouldn't it be nice if this video got even half as much airtime as that ridiculous lowlight goal-stopping clearance from earlier this year?

FIFA, among other sources, are actually considering this a contender for goal of the year? That’s awesome. Hope some teams that remember his name see something like this and decide to take a closer look at him.

that goal in the very next tweet is every bit as nice too. Good god

Edited by InglewoodJack

47 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

FIFA, among other sources, are actually considering this a contender for goal of the year? That’s awesome. Hope some teams that remember his name see something like this and decide to take a closer look at him.

that goal in the very next tweet is every bit as nice too. Good god

That’s a beautiful goal as well but a class below Ballou’s IMO. 

Hard to believe these are the best of the bunch. Obviously goal #3 is there for “inclusivity” because that wouldn’t even be goal of the week in most leagues.

Edited by CanadaFan123