Ballou Tabla

shermanator

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tabla has had such a wild ride - from can't-miss Barcelona prospect to possibly flushing out of the game entirely, to now being a league promotion or a European transfer away from being back in the CANMT picture.

Just goes to show (and I've mentioned this before) how important the CanPL is as a "safety net" to give Canadian players a chance to remain pros when they fall through the cracks in youth academies elsewhere. Even though it feels like he's 30 based on how long we've been talking and thinking about him, Tabla is still just 23-years old and still has the potential to be a solid European pro and thus a squad player for the CANMT. I feel like after he flushed out of CF Montreal, without the CanPL his career may have been over if this was 5 years ago.

26 minutes ago, Wingback6 said:

Good for him... But what the honest f**k was the right back doing? CF was TRIPLE teamed, but hey, better make it 4 and leave the pacey LF/LW unmarked. Not the best level it would appear.

You'd have to watch the whole play to know if it was a counter or a lost ball in transition. There's one mid slow tracking back but very late.

Tabla used to have problems finishing, so seeing him doing it here is a good sign.

2 hours ago, Wasp said:

...without the CanPL his career may have been over if this was 5 years ago.

No way of knowing for sure but Mark Anthony Kaye at Louisville is an example of what could still happen pre-CanPL. Think someone with Barcelona on his list of recent former clubs would have still got another shot somewhere and that could easily have been with the Ottawa Fury rather than Atletico.

If people want to talk up what CanPL has done for players from the Montreal area, Mo Farsi is probably the better example to highlight. Never on the radar with CF Montreal apparently so could easily be in PLSQ working a regular job otherwise after things didn't work out in Algeria.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BXsMdiO-0wQ&fbclid=IwAR2YJouUf_4_CqAaOo3gsALq3vxTBqOtb8EPULtKVr5Uf9-yK0tzyShJKIc&mibextid=Zxz2cZ#bottom-sheet

The sequence leading to his goal starts at 3:10.  

EDIT:  sometime someone will have to show me how to embed a thumbnail link instead of my luddite approach.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BXsMdiO-0wQ&fbclid=IwAR2YJouUf_4_CqAaOo3gsALq3vxTBqOtb8EPULtKVr5Uf9-yK0tzyShJKIc&mibextid=Zxz2cZ#bottom-sheet

The sequence leading to his goal starts at 3:10.  

EDIT:  sometime someone will have to show me how to embed a thumbnail link instead of my luddite approach.  

Oh wait, so his is another goal!  2 in as many weeks, hell yes.

It's more than a "simple sport or job".

This is a lesson of life for the canadian talents.

To not skip the steps. To have a good attitude. To choose the right people to guide you. To be passionated and dedicated in order to succeed. And to not rely only on your talent.