Atiba Hutchinson

Obinna

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Didn’t see it mentioned by Hutchinson and Larin were both named in the Turkish league best XI. Absolutely insane that the only two Canadians in the league are best XI players. Would challenge anyone to find a similar example in football history of the only two players of a nationality in a league being in the best XI. 

Source?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1)

The Turkish sports tabloids have claimed Atiba has re-signed for another year (as expected). :D

2)

Beşiktaş have announced that their pre-season training will begin Monday, July 5th.

I wonder if Atiba will simply join the Gold Cup squad around that same time instead. He'd get an equal amount of off-season rest and could play a role in our squad for our second match and onwards. (I assume some of the less experienced guys might start vs Martinique).

18 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

1)

The Turkish sports tabloids have claimed Atiba has re-signed for another year (as expected). :D

2)

Beşiktaş have announced that their pre-season training will begin Monday, July 5th.

I wonder if Atiba will simply join the Gold Cup squad around that same time instead. He'd get an equal amount of off-season rest and could play a role in our squad for our second match and onwards. (I assume some of the less experienced guys might start vs Martinique).

Atiba will be at the Gold Cup well makes sense and personally I love it. True epitome of a leader and a captain. I hope he is also within our squad for Octagonal in September.

3 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

This man doesn't get enough respect in concacaf. If he were a Mexican or American he'd be considered a legend of the region with the club resume he has. Of course, his lack of notority in this region comes down to Canada underperforming and not winning anything, but with World Cup qualification he has to enter legendary status. 

I have pointed this out before, but to the best of my knowledge he's racked up the most UEFA continential games of any concacaf player. In Europa league he is 13th all time in games played, which is the most games played for a non-European player. That's huge.

Anyways, good luck to Hutchinson on the upcoming season. I hope he wins more silverware and has a good Champions League.

• 1 month later...

I love all our Canadian players but for all the attention Davies, David and others get, Atiba should be head and shoulders above all of them because of his longevity, success and loyalty to the program.  These players may wind up being more successful (could argue Davies already is) but if someone was going to be in my all time XI, the first player on there would be Atiba. 

Wild how he just keeps chugging along as sure as sunrise....glad he came to the new season rested and ready to go for Besiktas.  Also funny how Larin and Davies were healed up and ready to go on opening day. More than one way to skin a cat i guess.  

I love me some Atiba...but all time XI??  First name for me is Forrest.