Atiba Hutchinson

Obinna

11 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

We should play our "home" games in Istanbul

I know it’s a joke, but it’s actually a good idea.  For a friendly or two, you might be able to get some decent crowds, fill the CSA coffers a bit, 😂.

From Burak Yılmaz to Atiba: I prayed for your championship throughout the season

Following Beşiktaş 's 16th victory, Burak Yılmaz congratulated Atiba with the words "Daddy, your eyes are enlightened." The 35-year-old player, who made history with his goals in Lille , praised the Canadian, saying "The championship is very good," and Atiba replied, "Now it's your turn".

After Beşiktaş's championship, old friends also took to the phone. Burak Yılmaz experienced the championship joy of Beşiktaş, of which he is a congress member, by calling his managers and former teammates.

Burak Yilmaz, who had a video meeting with Atiba Hutchinson, the veteran name of black and white, said, "Father, your eyes are bright! I congratulate you all, you deserved it until the end. I prayed for your championship throughout the season. You made the Beşiktaş fans proud, "he said.

YOU SHOW YOU ARE THE KING The
Canadian player replied , "We are always following you. There is a final in front of you and you will be the champion. You have shown that you are the king there too. We are waiting for the championship."

7 minutes ago, Big_M said:

From Burak Yılmaz to Atiba: I prayed for your championship throughout the season

Following Beşiktaş 's 16th victory, Burak Yılmaz congratulated Atiba with the words "Daddy, your eyes are enlightened." The 35-year-old player, who made history with his goals in Lille , praised the Canadian, saying "The championship is very good," and Atiba replied, "Now it's your turn".

After Beşiktaş's championship, old friends also took to the phone. Burak Yılmaz experienced the championship joy of Beşiktaş, of which he is a congress member, by calling his managers and former teammates.

Burak Yilmaz, who had a video meeting with Atiba Hutchinson, the veteran name of black and white, said, "Father, your eyes are bright! I congratulate you all, you deserved it until the end. I prayed for your championship throughout the season. You made the Beşiktaş fans proud, "he said.

YOU SHOW YOU ARE THE KING The
Canadian player replied , "We are always following you. There is a final in front of you and you will be the champion. You have shown that you are the king there too. We are waiting for the championship."

Atiba being a champion I just love seeing it but then the potential of playing in the Gold Cup too which is another chance at adding to the trophy case

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

As the ultimate inside joke, that would make the perfect slogan to put on an Atiba tribute banner.  

Would also be fitting as a world cup qualification banner, particularly if Hutchinson is still wearing the armband.

On that note, I would support an effort to get Atiba a captain's armband that says Daddy.

3 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Not often that I cheer for Chelsea, but with their win today Beaiktas have qualified for next year's Champions league group stage!

I thought it was only relevant to Spoony and their Europa League chances?

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-or-st-johnstone-may-no-longer-have-guaranteed-group-stage-football-as-uefa-shift-goalposts-3240604

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

53 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Chelsea didn’t win today 

You are right. Finishing above Leicester, who also lost, for 4th place is all that mattered.

51 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

If Chelsea had finished out of the top 4 and win champions league then they would get the title holders spot next year. Since they have already qualified domestically the title holders spot is redundant.

57 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

If Chelsea had finished out of the top 4 and win champions league then they would get the title holders spot next year. Since they have already qualified domestically the title holders spot is redundant.

This I already knew. What I didn't know is how this 5th spot for English teams would affect Beşiktaş.

Didn’t see it mentioned by Hutchinson and Larin were both named in the Turkish league best XI. Absolutely insane that the only two Canadians in the league are best XI players. Would challenge anyone to find a similar example in football history of the only two players of a nationality in a league being in the best XI.