Atiba Hutchinson

Obinna

Looks like Atiba was back for Besiktas today as they grabbed an important 3-2 win against Rizespor to stay comfortable at the top of the table. 

He went out after 78 minutes when there 3-0 up, and Rizespor grabbed 2 late goals to almost spoil things.  Serves Besiktas right for subbing out the octopus.   

On another positive note, Larin subbed on after 62 minutes.  

Atiba is interested in playing for another year!

"Frankly, I am thinking of playing for another year. I feel good. I will discuss this with the club at the end of the season. I still feel the strength to be on the field and to fight."

https://www.sporx.com/futbol/ekstra/atiba-hutchinson-a-galatasaray-sorusuSXGLQ52117SXQ

----

A reminder that their next match on Saturday vs Galatasaray is massive. If they draw or win they would be guaranteed to be in the top 2 (Champions League qualifiers) as the first tie break is head-to-head. If they win their match and Fenerbahçe draw or lose their match vs Ankaragücü then Beşiktaş would be champions. Ankaragücü might give Fenerbahçe a hard time as they will be desperate to grab points and avoid relegation.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Honestly, I don’t know why he wouldn’t.  Now, it may hurt like hell to play at that level that often, but his performance doesn’t suggest any deterioration of ability whatsoever.  Hell, he is having an amazing year for them.   The club would be crazy not to keep giving him one year contracts as long as he can maintain this level of performance.      

12 hours ago, An Observer said:

I suspect if he plays another year and maintains his level and we qualify for 2022, you gotta expect he plays another to be in the World Cup

That's exactly it.  There is no way he retires one year away from a chance to play in a World Cup.

On 4/28/2021 at 9:59 PM, Norrin Radd said:

Atiba has played more minutes in league play this season than any other Besiktas player other than their goalie. He's truly an iron-man but I hope he's got something left in the tank for the WCQ this summer.

I do too...I really do because if God willing Canada does manage to qualify for Qatar next year, then the bigger question is does he make Final 23? Yes he would but I say he would most likely come off the bench if that happens.

Edited by TGAA_Star
X

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I thought the person most likely to get one would be @El Hombregetting a Rob Friend tattoo.

I'm still working on the design.  Something along the lines of a full back tat of a giant heart with his face and mine and BFF below it.

I originally had added Honduras Sucks! on there too but my wife said that was a bridge too far, so I've got to redesign it.