Atiba Hutchinson

Obinna

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

NOW

Can we talk how our best midfield is Hutchinson, Eustaquio and Arfield with Wotherspoon looking outside those 3?

I say Wotherspoon because he was impressive in the 1st leg against Galatasaray and you could tell his team were missing him big time in the 2nd leg

I mentioned this in the other thread, but how do you deploy him in the 3 match windows?

We have games on Sep 2, 5, 8.

How much can he handle?

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

I mentioned this in the other thread, but how do you deploy him in the 3 match windows?

We have games on Sep 2, 5, 8.

How much can he handle?

2 games out of 3, not necessarily 90 minutes both games.

This WCQ will be about depth and stamina. You'll have to sub you mid more often and ensure to keep the same level of quality.

Teams without depth are screwed 

Edited by Ansem

38 minutes ago, Ansem said:

NOW

Can we talk how our best midfield is Hutchinson, Eustaquio and Arfield with Wotherspoon looking outside those 3?

I say Wotherspoon because he was impressive in the 1st leg against Galatasaray and you could tell his team were missing him big time in the 2nd leg

Please don’t use Hutch to make your narrative. It’s Hutch, Staq, and 3rd is undecided between Kaye, Osorio, Arfield, Wotherspoon.

18 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

Play him in the 1st and 3rd games. He doesn't even need to travel with the rest of the team to the US. Just leave him in Toronto to recover.

I think an appearance in one game is all we can ask from 38 year old Hutchinson. He'll probably start the first game and if he gives us an hour, I'm happy. 

8 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Arfield and Wotherspoon are ahead of Kaye and Osorio in my opinion 

I like consistency 

Im not following the consistency bit. For Wotherspoon yes, but Arfield hasn’t been a consistent starter for Rangers and hasnt suited up for Canada in over 2 years. There is something to be said about familiarity and cohesion with your teammates(ask Hoilett about that). 

Edited by king1010

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

I think an appearance in one game is all we can ask from 38 year old Hutchinson. He'll probably start the first game and if he gives us an hour, I'm happy. 

I’m not sure that’s true. He’s been playing more than an hour in a 6 day span for Besiktas hasn’t he? Of course his minutes need to be managed, but I think he could probably start and play 60-70 in the 1st and 3rd game or start 1 game and being subbed into 1 or 2 others.

Atiba is a legend who continues to perform near his best level.  If he wants to be in the squad, then he can dictate how he would like to be used.  It's early in the season, so one would hope that he's fresh, but honestly a player like him knows his body and his ability and will inform the coaches.  If they don't like what he says in terms of his minutes that he can play, then they can say no.

2 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

He'll be happy to chill in Toronto with friends and family I suspect.

2 hours ago, Norrin Radd said:

Play him in the 1st and 3rd games...just leave him in Toronto...

30 to 60 minutes in Match #1 and the same in Match #3.

23 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

He'll be happy to chill in Toronto with friends and family I suspect.

30 to 60 minutes in Match #1 and the same in Match #3.

Somehow with his professionalism, I don’t think he’ll just chill with family and friends.  But if he does, I wouldn’t be critical either.

3 hours ago, An Observer said:

Somehow I think he starts and plays against the yanks to give us veteran leadership in that away leg. He may come on as sub in one of the other matches. But that’s about it.  

I like this, and in fact would be ok with an almost totally different line up for the US game vs games 1 and 2 of the window. 

Employ different players and strategy,  similar to the Aruba/Suriname window.

6 hours ago, king1010 said:

Im not following the consistency bit. For Wotherspoon yes, but Arfield hasn’t been a consistent starter for Rangers and hasnt suited up for Canada in over 2 years. There is something to be said about familiarity and cohesion with your teammates(ask Hoilett about that). 

Arfield starts more games than he doesn't  He's scored 20 in 83 games for Rangers.  Don't try and undersell his importance to the squad.  He's still a key contributor.  He started both games against Malmo, which were massive games for the club and that should tell you where he stands.  He's not a young pup anymore and they may bring him off the bench with fresh legs in some matches, but he's a key player in almost every match.  

Eriksen-like problem with one of Besiktas' player.

Not as serious, apparently, restarted the game. 

Last minute Besiktas news: Gaziantep Besiktas 70 minutes of the match Fabrice N'Sakala  The football player who dropped himself on the ground was taken to the hospital by ambulance. It was learned that N'Sakala had no breathing problems and was conscious.

https://www.fotomac.com.tr/besiktas/2021/08/21/son-dakika-spor-haberi-besiktasta-nsakala-ambulansla-oyunu-terk-etti

Seems to be okay.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t care if Hutchinson is playing 5 mins off the bench and  If we get to the World Cup and he’s playing pro football anywhere, he’s going to be on team ! 

That man Deserves it! He has never won anything with Canada, we need to give him this before he retires. 

Edited by SpecialK

This interview clip got 5x the engagement any other clip the Canada Soccer account put out because of Besiktas fans. Only wish half as many Canadians were as familiar with this legend.

Canada Soccer (@CanadaSoccerEN) Tweeted:
ATIBA HUTCHINSON REACTION:

"It's a great feeling."

#CANMNT #WCQ #ForCanada https://t.co/CgUyWGGxXi