Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

What are the odds that in the spirit of getting your best 11 on the field, Herdman takes a cue from Robinson and decides to use Davies as a left back with an attacking mandate? With Hoilett and Millar on the wings? The (safe) presumption here is that   Millar get cap tied in nations league this fall

Yup I agree with you guys, defense and keeper are less deep than our midfield and attackers, at least on paper. We haven't been particularly poor on the defensive end, leaking in too many goals. We also haven't scored enough I think it is safe to say. There are exceptions and examples of games we have scored in or allowed goals we would expect (the GC game against FG covers both), but I think the trend is basically that.

16 hours ago, soccer.shocker said:

What are the odds that in the spirit of getting your best 11 on the field, Herdman takes a cue from Robinson and decides to use Davies as a left back with an attacking mandate? With Hoilett and Millar on the wings? The (safe) presumption here is that   Millar get cap tied in nations league this fall

Isn’t Millar pretty well guaranteed to play for Canada?  If he is good enough to play for the team then by all means but we don’t need to take him for the purpose of cap tying him.

3 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

Isn’t Millar pretty well guaranteed to play for Canada?  If he is good enough to play for the team then by all means but we don’t need to take him for the purpose of cap tying him.

Agreed. I think he will be called to continue integration into the setup. Cap tie comment just based on nations league being competitive matches with ability / opportunity to cap tie

Guest Tg11
On 7/6/2018 at 3:52 PM, Dominic94 said:

Having been a NT fan for awhile now, it’s amazing to have to debate which in form players we would play....

davies, hutch, hoillett, Arfield, Osorio, Piette, Kaye, wotherspoon... 

all in form guys who could play..

then add in Edwards, Akindele...

And upfront we debate Larin or Cavallini.. 

only the D and goalies..

Unless we went with a 4-4-2 formation then we could go with both Larin and Cavallini up front

However if they go with a 4-5-1 or a 4-2-3-1 then if you are gonna debate Larin or Cavallini then who is the more dangerous threat up front between the 2 of them? 

Goalkeeper obviously has to be Milan Borjan with 2nd choice goalkeeper at least in my opinion as for who has been on form as of late is Crepeau

Now defense...that is gonna be hard? Who do you put at RB? CB? LB?

Guest Tg11
4 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

very intelligent player, he has certainly adjusted to MLS well, but I get the feeling there's a higher gear to him. I think his style of plau would be a good fit in the Spanish League, and he certainly has the technical ability for it

La Liga may be or the case could be made for Italian Serie A, Bundesliga or EPL but only if he keeps up this style of play

16 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

very intelligent player, he has certainly adjusted to MLS well, but I get the feeling there's a higher gear to him. I think his style of plau would be a good fit in the Spanish League, and he certainly has the technical ability for it

Glad he is doing well but let's be serious. No major league in the world pays any sort of attention to MLS, nor signs from it, with very few exceptions. 

MAK is not La Liga level, nor do I think EPL, or Bundesliga. And even if he were, no team in any top league would pay any attention to him, they'd look at an Uruguayan playing in Belgium over him, or a Zambian in France.

Now if you were talking about a 2nd tier, that is another story.

Guest Tg11
1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Glad he is doing well but let's be serious. No major league in the world pays any sort of attention to MLS, nor signs from it, with very few exceptions. 

MAK is not La Liga level, nor do I think EPL, or Bundesliga. And even if he were, no team in any top league would pay any attention to him, they'd look at an Uruguayan playing in Belgium over him, or a Zambian in France.

I guess I can see your point but how about Liga MX? He could always go down there

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I beg to differ, thats why I explicitly stated he can reach another gear, and we haven't had any reason to believe he isn't capable, as everywhere he has played he has adapted well and more than met expectations. A year ago MAK was playing in USL and we were all somewhat dumbfounded that he was starting a Gold Cup game against Costa Rica, and ever since he has been proving doubters wrong. At the moment I place MAK on the same level as Osorio. I personally rate Osorio higher than Aketxe on TFC, who happens to be getting interest from La Liga clubs Rayo, Leganes, and Getafe

i love how he went from CIS to USL to MLS and now people are already talking about him transferring to a big euro league. I think he's having a really good run of form and i would love to see this continue in LA for a few years because i dont think MLS is a bad place to develop especially if he is getting solid minutes, which he is

14 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

I beg to differ, thats why I explicitly stated he can reach another gear, and we haven't had any reason to believe he isn't capable, as everywhere he has played he has adapted well and more than met expectations. A year ago MAK was playing in USL and we were all somewhat dumbfounded that he was starting a Gold Cup game against Costa Rica, and ever since he has been proving doubters wrong. At the moment I place MAK on the same level as Osorio. I personally rate Osorio higher than Aketxe on TFC, who happens to be getting interest from La Liga clubs Rayo, Leganes, and Getafe

Which is why there is a huge massive run of interest in Mark Anthony Kaye all over Europe, right now, in the midst of the transfer window, when hundreds of teams are readying for the season, keen to prepare a new and successful season.

A bit of perspective is useful in these cases. Aketxe is on the radar because he comes from a Liga team, and is known (I mean, even his brother, in 3rd tier with possible offers to 2nd, is known in Spain). Not because he is tearing it up in MLS. I mean, the guy's role at TFC has been negligible.

33 minutes ago, Bikerack said:

i love how he went from CIS to USL to MLS and now people are already talking about him transferring to a big euro league. I think he's having a really good run of form and i would love to see this continue in LA for a few years because i dont think MLS is a bad place to develop especially if he is getting solid minutes, which he is

No one is stating he is going to transfer to a big euro league in the immediate future, however, Kaye is only 23 years old, and who is to say that in 3-5 years when he reaches his prime he won't be a lot better than he is now?

Furthermore, my post was a response to Unnamed's above statement question MAK's quality: "MAK is not La Liga level, nor do I think EPL, or Bundesliga"

I never stated he was at the moment, but again, how can you have any way of knowing what he will be like in 3-5 years time? Weather he ever gets noticed by overseas clubs is a whole different story, but that was the purpose of me comparing his to Osorio and Aketxe, but I'm guessing the point of my comparison was not clear enough. What I am sure of anyway is that Kaye has given no reason thus far for anyone to doubt his quality and question his potential, and managing to keep his place on the starting 11 on a team full of flashy players and MLS veterans is no small feat from his part

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I've heard John Herdman has tons of pull in all 3 of those leagues, so it should be a simple enough task for him to arrange a trial for MAK in one of them.

21 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

I've heard John Herdman has tons of pull in all 3 of those leagues, so it should be a simple enough task for him to arrange a trial for MAK in one of them.

If I were Herdman I'd quit the Canada job and work as a player agent for the big Euro leagues where he has so much experience and could really make a financial killing.?

It's way too early to suggest teams from La Liga should be looking at Kaye, but I don't think that is out of the realm of possibility in the future. Probably a move to Segunda is more likely in a few years, if he keeps up this level, but you just never know what his level will be. In a few years, he could be Atiba Hutchinson level, or he could be back in the USL or in the CPL.

Guest Tg11
24 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

I just want the dude to have a few good seasons in MLS before we think about him moving abroad.

If he stays in MLS he could benefit from a move to TFC, Impact, Whitecaps or even Red Bulls.

The only thing he is going to benefit from is minutes on the field at the highest level he can get. A move away from LA right now would be stupid, he seems not only to be settled and starting to excel but have a coaching set up that is giving him chances that he is taking. 

We are a long way off saying he is the real deal. Looks like he has the tools and its exciting to see his growth but nothing to say this isn't a purple patch and even if it is whether he can use the success, learn and build upon it. Huge credit to him so far though exciting to see him pop up from being almost written off by many a year or so ago. 

Step by step.

Guest Tg11
13 minutes ago, HochelagaFC said:

Explain yourself. Why would he benefit from a move with those teams when he could stay where he is (a good team with good coach that believes in him) and « benefit » from it?

Obviously because on any of the teams I mentioned he would get playing time. Not to mention he wouldn't be as overshadowed by other players because on LAFC they are loaded with talent whereas on the other teams they have talent but Kaye is better than some stress the word some of the talent on said teams who are there.