Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

That’s likely the season but not a career threatening or recurring injury.  

Sucks for him but from a Canada perspective it’s a good chance for others such as Fraser, Shome, Teibert, Mckendry, Froese (not sure his status) and others to step up in the next month and win a spot for nations league with Piette, Arfield, Johnson and Osorio.

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

Blows worried he might lose his spot permanently... wonder how this impacts LAFC...

Only part of a season but he has proved that he is MLS quality. His injury sucks but at least he showed what he can do by consistently starting for one of the best teams in MLS. It would have been much worse if this happened early in the season. Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Article on MLS website is very complementary of Kaye, suggesting his absense is a big hole to fill and referring to his performances this year as "omnipresent". 

Yesterday I was watching a bit of the game, when it was 2-0, guess it was late in the 1st half. And the commentator was arguing that the result had a lot to do with how MAK was taking out the opposing attack very effectively. He is certainly a player whose pedigree has risen, all power to the coaching staff for recognizing his potential. This was one case where the MLS club was actually more confident in his future than most on this board.

You just hope he comes back without any loss of explosiveness/dexterity.  Obviously this injury not at same level but memories of Josh Simpson or even Petrasso always make me nervous.

And you hate to see a guy who's carved out a role (and been on a roll) with a really good squad have to take time away.  Is it wrong to hope they go into a little bit of a slide without him?

4 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

You just hope he comes back without any loss of explosiveness/dexterity.  Obviously this injury not at same level but memories of Josh Simpson or even Petrasso always make me nervous.

And you hate to see a guy who's carved out a role (and been on a roll) with a really good squad have to take time away.  Is it wrong to hope they go into a little bit of a slide without him?

Its perfectly fine.  Its even ok if you wish an injury on another midfielder when he is ready to get back into the lineup.  This is a safe place, no judging here...

21 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

More of a case that I couldn’t remember who we played next after the other two teams I mentioned. Which is unsurprising as I can barely remember the days when we actually played games given how long ago it was

Fair enough. I had to look it up too. I knew we play away in November, but didn’t remember who against.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Nice to see LAFC struggle since MAK got injured.  

I was hearing on some websites they were in need to a defensive midfielder

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Kaye's LAFC are eliminated tonight 3-2 at home by Real Salt Lake. Near the end of the game with it looking like an LA loss the announcers started talking about Kaye's injury being the key negative moment in LA's season and how he was the player LA was really missing in the game. Let's hope he can come back next year at the same level he was playing before his injury.