Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

Thought he did okay for himself in what was a very intense and competitive win over a very good SKC side.

As far as standard of football goes, this was the best MLS match of the weekend, so it was encouraging to see him hold his own out last night. His passing and decision making let him down a few times in the final third, but overall he was very effective for LA. 

4 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

The forgotten man, surely he can start at the GC.

he's getting very good minutes at what is likely to be a supporter's shield + MLS Cup contender, he's absolutely one of our top midfield options going into the Gold Cup. plus he already has experience in the competition, which is valuable

13 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Picking the starting XI for the GC is getting more interesting ....

Our midfield depth is really good.  Kaye has been turning into a good player and only adds to that.

Right now I have him as 5th on our central midfield depth.  He’s really turning into something.

Just now, baulderdash77 said:

Our midfield depth is really good.  Kaye has been turning into a good player and only adds to that.

Right now I have him as 5th on our central midfield depth.  He’s really turning into something.

So you’d go:

Hutch

Arfield

Hoilett

Osorio

Kaye

Piette

?

3 hours ago, soccer.shocker said:

I think we’re gonna see Kaye play at left back (for now) in a 4-3-3 so Phonzie can move up the pitch. MAK is versatile enough to play it smoothly with freedom to roam forward

WHAT!!!  Kaye at LB??  Why not put a LB there at put them in the midfield??  If we are controlling the midfield and Davies is rampaging up the left side, there shouldnt be much pressure on the LB to handle.  

3 hours ago, soccer.shocker said:

I think we’re gonna see Kaye play at left back (for now) in a 4-3-3 so Phonzie can move up the pitch. MAK is versatile enough to play it smoothly with freedom to roam forward

That was a Zambrano move. There's no indication Herdman and Biello want him there.

6 hours ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

MAK played at LB last time out, but I don’t think that’s is his strongest position. The only thing I care about is not having Phonzie at LB. MAK played well at LB last time, and really has the skill to do it again.

Agree. Phonzie was listed as a defender on the cpl release :oHope that wasn't direct from the CSA. 

I expect LB is still where he will line up given herdmans quotes today about having the best players we have on the pitch regardless of position. Players will be played out of position to get the most talents XI available.