Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

I have several theories.. but ultimately I cannot understand why people seem so turned off by Cavallini. Maybe he reminds some of the guy who pulled their underwear up over their head in Jr high. Guys remember.. Dicks may fk pussies but they also fk assholes. And when stuff hits the fan you want to be the one doing the fking

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

I have several theories.. but ultimately I cannot understand why people seem so turned off by Cavallini. Maybe he reminds some of the guy who pulled their underwear up over their head in Jr high. Guys remember.. Dicks may fk pussies but they also fk assholes. And when stuff hits the fan you want to be the one doing the fking

That’s some pretty deep analysis right there. 

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

I have several theories.. but ultimately I cannot understand why people seem so turned off by Cavallini. Maybe he reminds some of the guy who pulled their underwear up over their head in Jr high. Guys remember.. Dicks may fk pussies but they also fk assholes. And when stuff hits the fan you want to be the one doing the fking.

Not when you are doing it to your own team by getting sent off.

To be clear, I want him there, see my post above, but there are plenty of football reasons not be enamoured with him.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

37 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Well, the Whitecaps hold on option on him. I'm not sure they'd let him go on a free.

Odd because White did not repeat his performance from last year and they have no one in the wings to do the job. He had a few glitches, think of the games he missed too, but was still amongst the team's better players, he is more or less fulfilling his role. He only featured in 2/3 of the team's matches.

I don't see how the team, with a roster that should be a winning combination next year with no changes at all (Hasal, importantly, as starter), can start tinkering with core pieces of it. 

10 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Odd because White did not repeat his performance from last year and they have no one in the wings to do the job. He had a few glitches, think of the games he missed too, but was still amongst the team's better players, he is more or less fulfilling his role. He only featured in 2/3 of the team's matches.

I don't see how the team, with a roster that should be a winning combination next year with no changes at all (Hasal, importantly, as starter), can start tinkering with core pieces of it. 

Unless they have plans to make a splash of some sort to replace him I’d have to agree.

If they do want to move him on maybe it’s time to revisit the Akinola for Cavallini rumours (obviously a few more pieces to throw in). I think Cavallini would smash it in Toronto with the Italians and his BFF. 

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Unless they have plans to make a splash of some sort to replace him I’d have to agree.

If they do want to move him on maybe it’s time to revisit the Akinola for Cavallini rumours (obviously a few more pieces to throw in). I think Cavallini would smash it in Toronto with the Italians and his BFF. 

The other pieces would have to be more than throw-ins to get Vancouver interested. Akinola is a non-asset as this point.

16 minutes ago, jonovision said:

The other pieces would have to be more than throw-ins to get Vancouver interested. Akinola is a non-asset as this point.

Generally I agree but I think that also depends on their respective wants/needs for next season. If Vancouver is looking for a non-DP domestic forward there aren’t many to choose from. 

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Generally I agree but I think that also depends on their respective wants/needs for next season. If Vancouver is looking for a non-DP domestic forward there aren’t many to choose from. 

They already have a non-DP domestic forward that performs much better than Akinola - Tosaint Rickets.

8 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think it's a discussion you have with him, if he wants to return.  If he does, that's fine as his salary will drop him to a TAM player.  If he wants to move on, you still maybe pick up the option and then sell to recoup something even if it's not much. 

Cavallini has had a solid, not spectacular year, but overall has been a huge disappointment in Vancouver. 18 goals and 2 assists over three years for a DP striker is a really poor return. If I’m Vancouver I don’t think I give him another year as a DP on that salary.

5 hours ago, Floortom said:

Cavallini has had a solid, not spectacular year, but overall has been a huge disappointment in Vancouver. 18 goals and 2 assists over three years for a DP striker is a really poor return. If I’m Vancouver I don’t think I give him another year as a DP on that salary.

Cavallini and the Whitecaps both deserve better, oddly enough.

5 hours ago, Floortom said:

Cavallini has scored 18 MLS goals in 4200 MLS minutes, for a perfectly decent 0.39 G/90. His issue has been staying on the pitch (and mostly due to injury, not suspension). Many DPs, especially DPs for the Whitecaps, have been less productive.

Edited by jonovision

13 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Cavallini has scored 18 MLS goals in 4200 MLS minutes, for a perfectly decent 0.39 G/90. His issue has been staying on the pitch (and mostly due to injury, not suspension). Many DPs, especially DPs for the Whitecaps, have been less productive.

That's kind of proving my point - "perfectly decent" isn't good enough when you're talking about the second highest paid player on the team who is taking up a DP slot. Not a good return on investment. Neither is the fact that he's only played 4200 MLS minutes in 3 seasons. 

40 minutes ago, Floortom said:

That's kind of proving my point - "perfectly decent" isn't good enough when you're talking about the second highest paid player on the team who is taking up a DP slot. Not a good return on investment. Neither is the fact that he's only played 4200 MLS minutes in 3 seasons. 

His production is pretty much exactly in-line with a league average DP. Fun fact: lots of MLS DPs are really bad.

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

His production is pretty much exactly in-line with a league average DP. Fun fact: lots of MLS DPs are really bad.

Very true.  That said, it may be better for the Caps to work out a cost effective situation which likely will involve a move for him.  I hear the idea about putting him on a TAM deal but how much in TAM?  The moneyball angle in acquiring other players then comes into play.

On 10/3/2022 at 1:47 PM, SpursFlu said:

That is a horrible misquote!
Original quote:

"Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes — assholes who just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is that sometimes they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate — and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies get so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are only an inch and a half away from assholes. I don't know much in this crazy, crazy world, but I do know that if you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!"

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

That is a horrible misquote!
Original quote:

"Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes — assholes who just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is that sometimes they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate — and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies get so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are only an inch and a half away from assholes. I don't know much in this crazy, crazy world, but I do know that if you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!"

When Parker and Stone get their lifetime achievement Academy Award, that scene should be in the highlight clip!

• 2 weeks later...