Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

29 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Scores against Bahrain on a play that was probably onside, forces an own goal later on to tie the game. Today he comes in and makes a bunch of good runs, and scores the winning penalty. 

People on here: Cavallini sucks, Ugbo better.

Not sure who is saying that but I actually like Cavallini. Just think he could make better decisions. 

I would like to see Cav get more minutes but no penalties please.  He scored but that was poorly taken. He didn't even place  the ball towards the centre of the goal but to the right, the direction the keeper went. It really should have been saved. No place for showboating in the WC. If I was David, I too would be afraid to take the ball from Cav. Just saying.

3 hours ago, jonovision said:

Scores against Bahrain on a play that was probably onside, forces an own goal later on to tie the game. Today he comes in and makes a bunch of good runs, and scores the winning penalty. 

People on here: Cavallini sucks, Ugbo better.

I have always maintained that Cav can do a job for us and deserves to go to the WC.  

But that doesn’t change the fact that was shit/dumb penalty.  

2 hours ago, SoCalTransport said:

He looked great in both games, I do think TFC should consider signing him, he's exactly what they need at that position in my opinion...

Would be stupid to sign him knowing you got Jimenez, Akinola, and now Hugo.

They need a superior upgrade not a question mark. 

I love Cavallini though.

Just now, SoCalTransport said:

I think Jimenez will be gone before next season, and if they can get Cava on a TAM deal, it would be worth it in my opinion.

TAM!…naw man.
I’ll take him  on 500k.

We also still have Bradley on a dumb TAM deal. We just got rid of Jozy. 

Done with these short little stop gaps. 

1 minute ago, Shway said:

TAM!…naw man.
I’ll take him  on 500k.

We also still have Bradley on a dumb TAM deal. We just got rid of Jozy. 

Done with these short little stop gaps. 

500K, I guess it depends how bad he wants to come home..

We may disagree, but on a good team, I could see him as one of the league leaders in goals.

• 1 month later...

Peñarol would be a good level and club for Cavallini. He previously did well in his short stint there. I don't think he has the speed to be a top player in MLS or Liga MX anymore, but he hasn't lost the skill or scoring touch. He should be able to score tons of goals down there and keep the door open for the national team. He'll also have Copa Liberadores or Copa Sudamerica competitons to look forward to as well.  

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

Peñarol would be a good level and club for Cavallini. He previously did well in his short stint there. I don't think he has the speed to be a top player in MLS or Liga MX anymore, but he hasn't lost the skill or scoring touch. He should be able to score tons of goals down there and keep the door open for the national team. He'll also have Copa Liberadores or Copa Sudamerica competitons to look forward to as well.  

I could be off on this, but as I said before, I think he is a good option for TFC, could probably get him on a non TAM rate also with these rumours that are coming out.

22 minutes ago, SoCalTransport said:

I could be off on this, but as I said before, I think he is a good option for TFC, could probably get him on a non TAM rate also with these rumours that are coming out.

I for one would take Cavallini as TFC's starting striker in a heartbeat. With elite players like Insigne and Bernadeschi on the flanks I bet he scores double figures easily. In that respect, he could statistically be a top striker in MLS. In terms of overall play I don't see him being a top 5 striker in MLS, though. When he entered the league from Mexico, and before he actually started playing for Vancouver, he arguably was in that conversation. I don't think he is anymore, however. He is 3 years older and 3 years off from his peak.

I remember in the 2019 Gold Cup against Mexico, where he ran down the channel onto a through ball and displayed some remarkable speed and strength to hold off Hector Moreno (I think it was) before unleashing a left footed strike onto goal from a tight angle. I remember thinking wow, I can't believe he got the shot off and turned that into a goal opportunity. Cavallini is still a beast and works incredibly hard, but he seems a step slower than a few years ago.