Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

They have given additional games for less. It did seem odd that it was just the standard one game, and no additional details (other than it being for violent conduct). Maybe they are just debating what number seems appropriate. I think four games would satisfy most people, but I haven't paid attention to similar incidents and what the precedent is. 

4 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

Hmmm! In his time with VWFC, Cavallini, as a striker, has had more yellow cards, 21, than goals, 17.  That is a telling statistic.

You are aware there's an interesting correlation where strikers and others score and are carded in the same match relatively close in time? At rather high frequency? 

Either carded, then score, or score, then a yellow. 

I've always put it down to how adrenaline or whatever you'd call it is channeled. 

13 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You are aware there's an interesting correlation where strikers and others score and are carded in the same match relatively close in time? At rather high frequency? 

Either carded, then score, or score, then a yellow. 

I've always put it down to how adrenaline or whatever you'd call it is channeled. 

How many of those cards are for "jersey removal celebrations"?  Because I could see that being the most frequent, but I don't think that's what they are in the case of Cavallini.

3 games is harsh. The narrative to jump to that conclusion includes Cavallini forearm shivering someone and then purposely stomping on their head.

Lets be honest and give it a look:

1) Muyl was running toward a ball he had no chance of getting, Cavallini shoulder challenges him. Probably a foul, but nothing malicious.

2) Muyl attempts to sell the foul and rolls on the ground. Even inexplicably grabbing his shin.

3) Cavallini glances down at Muyl rolling into his path and continues to follow the play. 

4) At this point Muyl is entering roll 2. Too late, Cavallini is mid flight and lands on his noggin. From the time he last looked at him to the time he lands on him he’s moved quite a bit ... and this is all in a split second.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

3 games is harsh. The narrative to jump to that conclusion includes Cavallini forearm shivering someone and then purposely stomping on their head.

Lets be honest and give it a look:

1) Muyl was running toward a ball he had no chance of getting, Cavallini shoulder challenges him. Probably a foul, but nothing malicious.

2) Muyl attempts to sell the foul and rolls on the ground. Even inexplicably grabbing his shin.

3) Cavallini glances down at Muyl rolling into his path and continues to follow the play. 

4) At this point Muyl is entering roll 2. Too late, Cavallini is mid flight and lands on his noggin. From the time he last looked at him to the time he lands on him he’s moved quite a bit ... and this is all in a split second.

Bullshit.

1 hour ago, frmr said:

What facts would you be referring to?

I am totally not a fan of Cavallini's always rash, bull-in-a-china shop approach, but I have to agree with CanadaFan - I don't see anything on the tape to convince me he stepped on the guy's head intentionally.  It was awkward and dangerous, but from what I saw, he was oblivious to the fact he was stepping on the guy's head (as in, he really didn't know or care where where he was stepping).

I still think he should be going to Qatar although I think he will quickly be faded out of the program soon anyways.  But, I said that last year and he had a decent start to this season.  But we just have so many young, strong attackers coming up right now that his days with the program are likely numbered.

With all that being said, I'm genuinely shocked at the amount of people who think this particular play was accidental.  First, he makes a very wide start to his run back to the play.  A run that puts him right in the path of the player he just knocked over for no reason.  And then has several steps to make the alteration to his run to avoid contact with the fallen player and yet he doesn't. 

People are claiming it all happened so quickly and that's why it was accidental and yet when he does step down on the players head, he is able to make a split second decision to lift his foot/leg back up instead of fully stepping the players head into the ground.

Lastly, I know that regardless he has to make an apology.  But it sure sounded like Cavallini admitted to his actions in his apology.  As I'm sure he was remorseful and as he said, "he let emotions get the better of him".

Again, I believe Cavallini should be at Qatar anyways as Jebbison, Brym nor Akinola or anyone else for that matter have stepped up this year to date.  But the defending of this play and calling it "accidental" is totally wild to me.  At this point, if you're genuinely defending Cavallini on this play and calling it accidental even after his apology, then I'm just assuming you are a Cavallini fan and coming to his defense.

Edited by Corazon