Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

To add more information.  Milan Borjan lived between BsAs and Montevideo from 2003/4 to the end 2008 season.  And he is gonna be the only player that has played in the Argentinian domestic league that is gonna be in the starting eleven of any team in Qatar if he starts vs Belgium.  We can say that Borjan is product of our football youth divisions.

55 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

To add more information.  Milan Borjan lived between BsAs and Montevideo from 2003/4 to the end 2008 season.  And he is gonna be the only player that has played in the Argentinian domestic league that is gonna be in the starting eleven of any team in Qatar if he starts vs Belgium.  We can say that Borjan is product of our football youth divisions.

That's quite interesting actually.

But you mean the only Canadian to play domestic Argentina, as there are surely Argentines who have, other players?

Does anyone know if he speaks Spanish? I have never seen him do so in Concacaf matches, but not sure. 

Cavallini was supposed to sign for Colón, think it was, they even registered him; then it got cancelled because the club was in administration and the administrators blocked his transfer from Uruguay.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

11 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

He seems to be always next to Cavallini so a I assume he is really fluent on the rioplatense accent. From 2003/4 to the end of 2008

A player who isn't Argentinian nor southamerican  I meant, sorry my mistake.  He is a representative of our youth football formative system somehow.

I just checked: he played youth for Boca and River, then at Nacional de Montevideo, for youth again, then was on the squad at Quilmes in 2nd division but never played. 

So a player developed in Argentina, indeed. But not someone who played in the Argentine top flight.

https://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-internacional/eliminatorias/borjan-yugoslavia-canada-boca-river_0_0ahz4pX6y.html

As mentioned, Cavallini was very close to playing in Argentina, destiny took him instead to Peñarol and then to Puebla.

3 hours ago, PegCityCam said:

Dang is he ever awkward ha ha. Good to see him looking like he's keeping fit (did he lose a few pounds?) and staying positive. Glad they steered away from the recent past as there's really no point to rehash it...and no that's not an invite to any of y'all 🤣

Ex-teammates hey? The only one that jumps to mind is Diego Rossi, now at Fenerbahce but played with him at Penerol. I am sure there are a few others who played with him at Nacional, but he didn't really play much at Nacional, as he spent most of his time away on loan. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Scotland tho is like "who?"

I searched their National Team and the midfield and team in general is very EPL and Celtic/Rangers based and they have a lot of depth. Lewis Morgan didn't even get a recent call up. IMO, both him and Gauld would be on our National Team if they were eligible.   

5 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

Been hitting the gym recently I see.😀

Thanks bro.

In all seriousness though, I am recovering from a slight injury to my right clavicle so I picked up a new resistance band based workout regiment called Basement Beast. I recommend it to everyone who wants to avoid heavy weights.  

Edited by Macksam

Just based on club play he’s clearly our second most in-form striker after David. He’s had a pretty strong season other than his stupid cards, suspensions etc.

It’s been a long time since Cavallini and David have played meaningful minutes together so I don’t expect that to change in Qatar. Herdman knows what he has in the Larin/ David combo and I think he’ll roll with that.

23 hours ago, Floortom said:

Just based on club play he’s clearly our second most in-form striker after David. He’s had a pretty strong season other than his stupid cards, suspensions etc.

It’s been a long time since Cavallini and David have played meaningful minutes together so I don’t expect that to change in Qatar. Herdman knows what he has in the Larin/ David combo and I think he’ll roll with that.

Probably.  If we play another striker.

I worry how light a 343 leaves us in midfield and Cavellini plays a role that would be crucial, say if, we change formations to "respect the point" or even (we can dare to dream) hold a lead late on.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford