Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

4 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Understanding it has zero relationship to any sort of criminal code. It is play violence.

So what is with the keenly unplayful criminalizing?

He is not allowed to play 3 additional games of football because he fulfilled that definition, according of the sporting body in charge.  I happen to agree with them.

2 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

He is not allowed to play 3 additional games of football because he fulfilled that definition, according of the sporting body in charge.  I happen to agree with them.

All I am saying is that is it FIFA violence, not criminal violence. 

And it is still an interpretation. From a league that has VAR and regularly interprets plays disastrously regardless.

Fortunately, FIFA does not establish legal or criminal codes, just those of a sporting nature.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

All I am saying is that is it FIFA violence, not criminal violence. 

Fortunately, FIFA does not establish legal or criminal codes, just those of a sporting nature.

No sure that is much of a point, then.  I think that separation is clear to most everyone.  He is being punished by a sporting authority not a  criminal one.

Stepping back from the issues at hand,  I was surprised this past week to see a piece on the local TV news in Mendoza, Argentina, where I am living, about Cavalini.  I had always assumed his family was from Uruguay because he played there,  but it turns out his dad was born here in Mendoza, and he has always considered himself a Mendocino as well  as a Canadian. I noticed that he has traces of the Mendocino accent in  his Sapnish on the TV.  My football fan friends here were also surprised by the piece as well. In fact, many here had no idea Canada was in the World Cup. A typical response is  "Why is he not playing for Argentina?", but I have not taken the bait. Mendocino players have to have a reputation  of being tough like Enzo Perez and the Funes Mori brothers to  succeed  due to the predjudice against players and clubs that are not in east-central Argentina, which may explain a bit of things. 

🙂

Edited by beachesl

13 minutes ago, beachesl said:

Stepping back from the issues at hand,  I was surprised this past week to see a piece on the local TV news in Mendoza, Argentina, where I am living, about Cavalini.  I had always assumed his family was from Uruguay because he played there,  but it turns out his dad was born here in Mendoza, and he has always considered himself a Mendocino as well  as a Canadian. I noticed that he has traces of the Mendocino accent in  his Sapnish on the TV.  My football fan friends here were also surprised by the piece as well. In fact, many here had no idea Canada was in the World Cup. A typical response is  "Why is he not playing for Argentina?", but I have not taken the bait. Mendocino players have to have a reputation  of being tough like Enzo Perez and the Funes Mori brothers to  succeed  due to the predjudice against players and clubs that are not in east-central Argentina, which may explain a bit of things. 

🙂

I bought a car yesterday from a Mendocino here in Barcelona, irrelevant, except I can't say I identify the accent. At all.

He told me he'd played for Huracán, to age 21. So partially relevant, except I think it was a lesser Huracán from Mendoza.

I dumbly asked what was the basis of the economy and was reminded of the wine production.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

haha, the Mendocina accent and  vocabulary is considered weird in the rest of Argentina. This part of Argentina was part of Chile during most of the colonial times, and my  Mendocina wife hates being asked in Buenos Aires if she is Chilean, although Chilean is vastly different, unintelligle to most other South Americans.  Argentineans (as opposed to the other neighbours who they admire) are raised to hate Chileans due to various historical emnities. When  Chile was based in Mendoza during  the Copa America disorganization in 2011, I was standing in  line for hours here with Chileans having a great time when we were set upon by local high school kids throwing rocks at us, several times. The local police just stood around and laughed, and the Feds had to be called in for some protection.

Yes, the local Huracán club, now in what is roughly the 3rd division, El Globo, is a Las Heras (municpality in  the north of metro Mendoza) club. Their fans have the reputation of being the most violent in western Argentina, famous for kidnapping buses at gunpoint to take them to away matches.

I hope your car turns out okay. Even local Mendocinos have a saying that goes something like:  Never trust your balls with a Menduco.

Edited by beachesl

4 hours ago, beachesl said:

haha, the Mendocina accent and  vocabulary is considered weird in the rest of Argentina. This part of Argentina was part of Chile during most of the colonial times, and my  Mendocina wife hates being asked in Buenos Aires if she is Chilean, although Chilean is vastly different, unintelligle to most other South Americans.  Argentineans (as opposed to the other neighbours who they admire) are raised to hate Chileans due to various historical emnities. When  Chile was based in Mendoza during  the Copa America disorganization in 2011, I was standing in  line for hours here with Chileans having a great time when we were set upon by local high school kids throwing rocks at us, several times. The local police just stood around and laughed, and the Feds had to be called in for some protection.

Yes, the local Huracán club, now in what is roughly the 3rd division, El Globo, is a Las Heras (municpality in  the north of metro Mendoza) club. Their fans have the reputation of being the most violent in western Argentina, famous for kidnapping buses at gunpoint to take them to away matches.

I hope your car turns out okay. Even local Mendocinos have a saying that goes something like:  Never trust your balls with a Menduco.

I bought the car, rather old but apparently in good condition, for a Canadian friend who's come to live here. The first day out a window fell to the bottom of the door, off its track. Would that sound Mendocino?

Wine recommendations for the Voyageurs?

17 hours ago, beachesl said:

🙂

A Clear Conurbano bonaerense accent ( the peronist ring and bastion of the peronist upbringing working class accent all the way) thank God he doesn't have a suave posh Mendocino accent which is a mixture between a Chilean and a Cordobes from capital city Cordoba (The elitist rich of that province live there and their accent comparing it to English is like from someone from Louisiana or Australia to make a comparison or maybe Cajun accent "per se") 

16 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I bought a car yesterday from a Mendocino here in Barcelona, irrelevant, except I can't say I identify the accent. At all.

He told me he'd played for Huracán, to age 21. So partially relevant, except I think it was a lesser Huracán from Mendoza.

I dumbly asked what was the basis of the economy and was reminded of the wine production.

Yeah the Mendoza province people they have an accent similar to a Chilean with a bit of the rich people from Cordoba City in Cordoba Province,  nothing to do with the Uruguayan-BsAs-Patagonian accent which is unique.  I add Patagonia since most people living there are original from Buenos Aires, even the welsh settlements there they speak with a rioplatense accent ... PoSHo, SHave, SHuvia.  )

There is a team in Mendoza Huracan Las Heras they play in the National Conference semiprofessional they are mostly known because their hooligans / barra brava are very dangerous and they have guns in matches.  Rough fans!!

5 hours ago, beachesl said:

Yeah thats accurate.  The main thing with Chilean people comes from the Falklands war tbh and the role they did,  the war was just moronic and only served partially to the Junta and Maggie tbf.  And the Pinochet coup d'État that was killing peronists and the Unidad Popular of Chile) I teach journalism and political science).    We all love in Argentina Salvador Allende, Michelle Bachêllet Bielsa's brother Rafael is the ambassador in Chile.  It is hard to explain to Canadians here, but as a  good Argentinian we like the humanist good people.  We love Chile, and their new president is gonna help them.  

16 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I think it's time for the gool ol mute button

You know I have some French friends and Irish friends in other football forums that they joke around "the peronist pope", and that "Big Irish Joe of the States" is a "peronist", sincerely he is a good friend of Bergoglio for the last 30 years or so,  they joke that he is also a peronist.  So they make jokes about it.  I know Jorge's labour and he has done a lot of work in the villas miserias and other shantytowns with the "curas villeros" "the shantytowns priests" mostly Jesuits, to balance the élite upper class people with the rest of society.  At least our Universities mostly are free of charge for locals and foreigners,  so that is a cultural achievement.

1 hour ago, JAVIERF said:

Yeah the Mendoza province people they have an accent similar to a Chilean with a bit of the rich people from Cordoba City in Cordoba Province,  nothing to do with the Uruguayan-BsAs-Patagonian accent which is unique.  I add Patagonia since most people living there are original from Buenos Aires, even the welsh settlements there they speak with a rioplatense accent ... PoSHo, SHave, SHuvia.  )

There is a team in Mendoza Huracan Las Heras they play in the National Conference semiprofessional they are mostly known because their hooligans / barra brava are very dangerous and they have guns in matches.  Rough fans!!

Sounds like my car dealer played for them, no question in my mind.

20 hours ago, beachesl said:

I was surprised this past week to see a piece on the local TV news

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

Got the ages wrong. Davies became Canadian at 16 not 17 (  @ 1:31 ) and Borjan is currently 34 but will play his first World Cup at age 35 because his birthday is in late October ( @ 1:41 ) .

20 hours ago, beachesl said:

in Mendoza, Argentina, where I am living, 

With a name like @beachesl, I thought you might be someone living on a coast.

I guess in an alternate universe your username would be "mountainsl" and you'd be living with a wife from Mar del Plata very far from any mountains. :D ;)

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

4 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Here is a behind-the-scenes video posted on twitter by the CSA in June 2021:

What is being said @ 1:09 ? I believe it is Cavallini speaking. :D

Well the Argentinian influence in your team is undeniable knowing that Borjan lived in the greater Bs As (the bastion peronist) for 3 years before going, so I understand Milan has a bit of argentino in him too.  Plus Piette must have played hundred of matches with  Argentinians and Uruguayans.  That's why is just weird that the Canadians don't want to give this Holmes fellow a passport.  That's shooting on the foot, international football-wise.  On Colyn as I said. Take the kid 25 plus this kiddo.   The Colyn going to the WC has a symbology.  Do the Norman Whiteside 1982 maneuver.