Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

49 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

No wonder the Whitecaps didn't even pick up his option. $2.8m.

Wow! 😮

Was that the last deal negotiated during the Greg A et al error...er...era?

Mind you, Schuster's moves to extend White and Dajome to much richer longer term extensions look like they may be moving into Dolly Parton bust levels (not necessarily true but I just like that word play 😉)

34 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Wow! 😮

Was that the last deal negotiated during the Greg A et al error...er...era?

Mind you, Schuster's moves to extend White and Dajome to much richer longer term extensions look like they may be moving into Dolly Parton bust levels (not necessarily true but I just like that word play 😉)

Yeah, Cavallini would have been one of their last. Schuster was there but hadn't been there for long and I can't imagine had a ton of say/influence on it. Deal had been in the works (in some form) for quite a while. 

Dajome is tough because I don't think anyone thinks Sartini used him correctly this year, so harder to judge it I think.

White always seemed a bit high but I think we also underachieved a bit even factoring in some regression. But he did score in the Voyageurs Cup final, so worth every penny. 😉

Sorry, but the GM of Unattached F.C. has pointed out during this morning's press conference that it's incorrect (and arguably inane) to call players unattached when they are during the off-season, especially when they are still under contract until the end of the calendar year. The GM believes that only some guy from Costa Rica who they claim is on Colorado Rapids 2 in MLS Next but never played for them has qualified for the World Cup this year, and even then, he is only on loan to Unattached F.C.

45 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

only some guy from Costa Rica who they claim is on Colorado Rapids 2 in MLS Next but never played for them has qualified for the World Cup this year, and even then, he is only on loan to Unattached F.C.

Well, technically Chacon was on loan with Cartaginés in Costa Rica until October 31. That's why he's listed as Rapids 2 instead of Cartaginés, because as of Nov 1, he's back with them

20 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Sorry, but the GM of Unattached F.C. has pointed out during this morning's press conference that it's incorrect (and arguably inane) to call players unattached when they are during the off-season, especially when they are still under contract until the end of the calendar year. The GM believes that only some guy from Costa Rica who they claim is on Colorado Rapids 2 in MLS Next but never played for them has qualified for the World Cup this year, and even then, he is only on loan to Unattached F.C.

And if he's really on Unattached FC, anyways, who collects the 10,000 day/player from FIFA? The Catholic Church?

25 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

As we know, this guy isn’t very bright. 3/3 on taking terrible penalties for Canada. Why not Vitoria or David?

His worst play of the game was still walking the ball out for a goal kick and ruining a chance. Wtf is wrong with this guy. 

Probably nothing, he just scored, and he's going to the world cup.

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

As we know, this guy isn’t very bright. 3/3 on taking terrible penalties for Canada. Why not Vitoria or David?

His worst play of the game was still walking the ball out for a goal kick and ruining a chance. Wtf is wrong with this guy. 

Didn't look like it was actually over the line.