Jump to content

WCQ: Canada vs Panama - Wednesday, Oct 13, 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

The guy from Panama TV issued an on-air apology for dissing the Panama defender.

@xabuep2 Does he know he's famous here in Canada now?

 

That man is as a sports journalist what I am as an astronaut! I think he already had his 10 minutes of fame LOL.😆

 

The general comment here in PTY is that with the changes that Panama made in the second half, the team performed well but what destabilized the team's performance was the lack of concentration  of Cummings. In particular, I knew Canada would come out with everything in the second half. And Cummings was not the only mistake: several Panamanian players had missed passes, it is something that Thomas Christiansen will have to improve.

The next game against El Salvador seems to be played behind closed doors. This game will be very mediatic, since there have been many insults between journalists from both countries and has warmed the fans and public opinion, after the Panamanian defeat in San Salvador.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Watch Henry closely throughout. He is very careful to make sure Davies doesn't get in trouble - about the only thing exciting him there.

You caught that too, huh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

was there on Wednesday maybe the best atmosphere ever at a CMNT game . well done to the players and lets continue this pace  we still have a ways to go . I brought my Good Luck Rosary with me and it never let me down.  In terms of Importance I think Davies Goal is up there with Altidores game winning goal at MLS CUP Final 2017 as far goals being scored at BMO Field . for sure the best Goal I have ever seen a CMNT player score. . I want to say a special shout out to the supporters in section 112 where I was seated for making the night a very memorable moment 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2021 at 9:17 PM, vancanman said:

Jamaican commentator:  "The crowd enjoying themselves, maybe with some poutine."   This guy's been excellent.

What feed were you watching? I'd love to watch a match and not hear Wheeler 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Longrange said:

What feed were you watching? I'd love to watch a match and not hear Wheeler 

That's Lloyd Sam, the English commentator for CBS. I watch all of Canada's games on Paramount Plus but I think that's only available here in the US? 

He did the commentary for the HON, @JAM games too. He does a bunch of CONCACAF WCQ games if you flip around the channels on Paramount Plus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

That's Lloyd Sam, the English commentator for CBS. I watch all of Canada's games on Paramount Plus but I think that's only available here in the US? 

He did the commentary for the HON, @JAM games too. He does a bunch of CONCACAF WCQ games if you flip around the channels on Paramount Plus.

Paramount/CBS is also a mixed back unfortunately 😞 sometimes you'll get Sam, and sometimes you'll get those guys who called Trinidad 'Trinitarians' the whole game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maplebanana said:

That's Lloyd Sam, the English commentator for CBS. I watch all of Canada's games on Paramount Plus but I think that's only available here in the US? 

He did the commentary for the HON, @JAM games too. He does a bunch of CONCACAF WCQ games if you flip around the channels on Paramount Plus.

Lloyd Sam was a stalwart for Charlton Athletic around the mid 2000s as a youngster; got to watch him on quite a few occasions at the Valley and was a very useful midfielder/winger.  I had not heard of him since he left the Addicks but I guess a career in broadcasting in the US is where it’s at now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Lloyd Sam was a stalwart for Charlton Athletic around the mid 2000s as a youngster; got to watch him on quite a few occasions at the Valley and was a very useful midfielder/winger.  I had not heard of him since he left the Addicks but I guess a career in broadcasting in the US is where it’s at now.

He was impressive for New York Red Bulls as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, maplebanana said:

That's Lloyd Sam, the English commentator for CBS.

3 hours ago, PiedPilko said:

Paramount/CBS...

3 hours ago, vancanman said:

He does commentary for Paramount TV.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Lloyd Sam was a stalwart for Charlton Athletic...

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He was impressive for New York Red Bulls as well.

His one and only appearance for Ghana (after filing his one-time-switch because he had played for England at the U20 level) was actually against....Canada!

It was the friendly in Washington D.C. in October 2015 where 6 of our guys made their debuts including Hoilett.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/canada-1-ghana-1-international-friendly-recap

The #CanMNT must be memorable for him in the sense that we're the only national team he has ever faced!

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

His one and only appearance for Ghana (after filing his one-time-switch because he had played for England at the U20 level) was actually against....Canada!

It was the friendly in Washington D.C. in October 2015 where 6 of our guys made their debuts including Hoilett.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/canada-1-ghana-1-international-friendly-recap

The #CanMNT must be memorable for him in the sense that we're the only national team he has ever faced!

De Jong's goal in that game was the only one I can remember that might be better than Davies' last week.  Frozen rope from the halfway line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, johnyb said:

Doniel still gets the award for learning how to CONCACAF, but an honorable mention goes to Jonathon David for helping himself to some Panamanian water.

David did that a number of times, as I know I saw him doing the same thing against either Mexico or Jamaica.  The thought going through my head was., "Great.  He'll get COVID from drinking someone else's water."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...