WCQ: Canada vs Suriname - In-Match Thread

Big_M

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

I sincerely hope you are right but we were really nervy for the first 15 minutes.  If that crossbar hit had gone in, I am not sure how we would have responded.  

Fair point. The fact we regained composure and settled I think goes a long way.

You are right though, I'm in super HOMER mode right now haha.  

OK.  Not Canada's best performance as a  group, by far, in an overly cautious strategy and mostly spent the 2nd half pricking about and they still trot away 4 nil against Suriname.

So what was all the fuss about?

Have to be better against Haiti.

Just now, Cheeta said:

OK.  Not Canada's best performance as a  group, by far, in an overly cautious strategy and mostly spent the 2nd half pricking about and they still trot away 4 nil against Suriname.

So what was all the fuss about?

Have to be better against Haiti.

I'm not worried. Haiti is going to get crushed

7 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

I don't get that assumption.  Guess it could happen.  But maybe it won't.  We'll see.

I hope any potential Suriname dual nats look at this game and say "Why would I want to play for a country that loses 4-0 to Canada?"

Say what you will but Suriname showed zero heart and zero discipline after going down a couple.

Just now, apbsmith said:

Fair point. The fact we regained composure and settled I think goes a long way.

As mentioned by others, we have several guys used to playing in high pressure club situations.

But we have explosive difference makers up top in Davies and David:  as they go, so go us.

Just now, El Diego said:

I hope any potential Suriname dual nats look at this game and say "Why would I want to play for a country that loses 4-0 to Canada?"

Say what you will but Suriname showed zero heart and zero discipline after going down a couple.

I have a feeling that a good number of their guys signed up because they assumed CONCACAF would be a cake walk.  Good to put them in their place.  Always want the region to get a little more respect.