WCQ: Canada vs Suriname - In-Match Thread

Big_M

3 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

He's like watching a game with your loud buddy at the pub.  I love his complete disrespect for the opponent.  Fuck 'em.  If he could just throw in a "Get Donk a Puppers." I'd be set.

It should also be clear that his commentary gets better the more you drink.

Ok, cut that man off!

1 minute ago, Lansdude said:

For me he's just too much of a jock sniffer fanboy.

2 minutes ago, Yohan said:

I dunno who the Paramount+ commentator is, but he's way better than Wheeler

Canada up 4-0.  Several beers down.

*rubs hands together*

Alright, let's pick the most ludicrous fight we can think of.

WHEELER'S THE GREATEST COMMENTATOR THIS SIDE OF VIC RAUTER.  Y'ALL HATE CANADA IF YOU HATE WHEELS!

2 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

Suriname will be scary once they start calling up guys that are under 30. Next cycle they wont be fun to play against.

I don't get that assumption.  Guess it could happen.  But maybe it won't.  We'll see.

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not sure why.  I thought he had a great game.  Though David could have had a PK but generally hasn’t interfered and has been solid. 

It's an easy assignment when you don't have to deal with Central American floppers and dark art users

1 minute ago, scullion44 said:

Suriname will be scary once they start calling up guys that are under 30. Next cycle they wont be fun to play against.

By the 2030 cycle the key will be whether they have attracted their Teal Bunbury and Akinola types that would have got a few caps from the Dutch team but were unlikely to be a regular.

Just now, apbsmith said:

The level of focus and mentality this team has is nothing like I have ever seen before from the CMNT. 

Couple great shots of the gaffer telling the boys to settle during those first 15 mins. We have a new cultural identity.  I'm buying in to the mental toughness BIG TIME. 

Onto the next big test! Let's do this!!!

I sincerely hope you are right but we were really nervy for the first 15 minutes.  If that crossbar hit had gone in, I am not sure how we would have responded.  

2 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

The level of focus and mentality this team has is nothing like I have ever seen before from the CMNT. 

Couple great shots of the gaffer telling the boys to settle during those first 15 mins. We have a new cultural identity.  I'm buying in to the mental toughness BIG TIME. 

Onto the next big test! Let's do this!!!

Having so many players at winning clubs creates a winning mentality for the national team. It's amazing to see 

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not sure why.  I thought he had a great game.  Though David could have had a PK but generally hasn’t interfered and has been solid. 

Haps should have been off twice. Targeting Davies head twice. David penalty as you mentioned. A handful of how the fuck what that on a Canadian player calls?

I expect it in CONCACAF but I have no issues pointing it out.