WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

1 minute ago, LeoH037 said:

Which no one should expect him to. The whole situation is ridiculous. 

Doesnt it sometimes feel like the last couple years have been??  I wonder if Larin/Hutch/Daivid can pool their pennies for a charter and write off the expense??  Where is DRAKE?? Doesnt he have a private jet??

6 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Doesnt it sometimes feel like the last couple years have been??  I wonder if Larin/Hutch/Daivid can pool their pennies for a charter and write off the expense??  Where is DRAKE?? Doesnt he have a private jet??

Nothing like this though... this looks bad any way you paint it. The CSA cannot be paying 30K flights for players, and neither should players be asked to fork it up themselves. And clubs have no obligation to do so either as they can simply just decide to not release the player if their conditions arent met (specially if they have the backing of FIFA).

Edited by LeoH037

18 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Nothing like this though... this looks bad any way you paint it. The CSA cannot be paying 30K flights for players, and neither should players be asked to fork it up themselves. And clubs have no obligation to do so either as they can simply just decide to not release the player if their conditions arent met (specially if they have the backing of FIFA).

What's 30K to the Bavarian Giants? We should start a Bayern Munich boycott, lol. Get it trending on Twitter, #Release Davies

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He’s back (?)

This brings me comfort. 

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

Yep - they just have to test and bubble upon return so David should be good to go now 

8 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Leutwiler isn't getting any minutes with Huddersfield. St Clair isn't with the U24's.

I'm not sure Borjan makes the trip.

Well if that’s the case I hope staff give St Clair a hard look at the starter and not just feel the owe it to Crepeau.

I’d be shocked if Borjan wasn’t there. More so than any other player I think he’ll be there. Has he ever missed a Canada call up when he’s been available? 

Here’s my predicted 23 now that we know a bit more:

Borjan, St. Clair, Crepeau 

Waterman, Miller, Vitoria, Laryea, Gutierrez, Johnston, Adekugbe

Hutchinson, Osorio, Piette, Kaye, Eustaquio, Wotherspoon 

David, Larin, Cavallini, Davies, Hoilett, Corbeanu, Millar 

I think we will see Hutchinson at CB. We’ll have all the MLS CMs available, plus Eustaquio hopefully, so it only makes sense.

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I’d be shocked if Borjan wasn’t there. More so than any other player I think he’ll be there. Has he ever missed a Canada call up when he’s been available? 

Here’s my predicted 23 now that we know a bit more:

Borjan, St. Clair, Crepeau 

Waterman, Miller, Vitoria, Laryea, Gutierrez, Johnston, Adekugbe

Hutchinson, Osorio, Piette, Kaye, Eustaquio, Wotherspoon 

David, Larin, Cavallini, Davies, Hoilett, Corbeanu, Millar 

I think we will see Hutchinson at CB. We’ll have all the MLS CMs available, plus Eustaquio hopefully, so it only makes sense.

If this is the lineup we call, can we please stop saying things like we'll have our hands full with Bermuda?! Or that we are anything other than huge favourites? Before you talk about the one off game they had vs Mexico(after Mexico had already clinched their group and beat them in the previous game 5-1)and still lost, consider that they have lost by multiple goals to Panama & Jamaica too. IF we want to qualify this game should be EASY! Don't worry about being confident here(I too am a long time supporter and have suffered many heartbreaks), we are not John Herdman and don't have to worry about firing the troops up or any of that. We need to boss them around the park or we don't belong in the world cup.

41 minutes ago, Tyson M said:

If this is the lineup we call, can we please stop saying things like we'll have our hands full with Bermuda?! Or that we are anything other than huge favourites? Before you talk about the one off game they had vs Mexico(after Mexico had already clinched their group and beat them in the previous game 5-1)and still lost, consider that they have lost by multiple goals to Panama & Jamaica too. IF we want to qualify this game should be EASY! Don't worry about being confident here(I too am a long time supporter and have suffered many heartbreaks), we are not John Herdman and don't have to worry about firing the troops up or any of that. We need to boss them around the park or we don't belong in the world cup.

To be fair the Mexico game, while impressive, isn’t the only game to reference. They also beat Panama 2-0 away. Something we could never do.

47 minutes ago, Tyson M said:

I hope you are right, if you are quoting my "hands full" statement I wouldn't have posted that if it wasn't at least a possibility, if the players are going to be there that are potentially on their way we should be able to walk this match on talent alone, it doesn't always work that way and I respect Bermuda as posibbly a difficult opponent in our home match that is more suited to conditions they are used to!

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL