WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

1 minute ago, Corazon said:

Might be a longshot but Eustaquio's gf posted a video on IG of their dog and another woman with the message "companions for the week".

Over in South Africa, Eustaquio's teammate Luther Singh was released for AFCON, so it doesn't look like restrictions will be a problem. I just wanna see a Eustaquio-Atiba midfield tbh... hope he understands how important his role could be.

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

At what point does all this “investigation” work we do become stalking?

I can honestly say that I'm not proud of myself. 😆

I wish the CSA wouldn't push us to stoop this low!  Why can't they be like normal associations and release a roster in advance and then drop players who become unfit or unavailable.  It would also allow us to see our expanded player pool of who is being called and who is on the brink.

Everything is a mystery with our program.

Edited by Corazon

12 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I can honestly say that I'm not proud of myself. 😆

I wish the CSA wouldn't push us to stoop this low!  Why can't they be like normal associations and release a roster in advance and then drop players who become unfit or unavailable.  It would also allow us to see our expanded player pool of who is being called and who is on the brink.

Everything is a mystery with our program.

Normally I would agree, but I'll give CSA a pass on this one. Covid has effected which players can come and waiting until the last minute to see who would be allowed seems reasonable. Besides, I quite enjoy the posts by sleuthers.  

Edited by johnyb

I like to think this is CSA's long game of building up community amongst fans. This sense of togetherness, connectivity, the journey, the stalking, it is all a masterplan to build a new culture of soccer in this nation. You just wouldn't get this with a professional Soccer Association that keeps fans up to date and in the loop and they know it. Bravo. 

Reality: They have no running water in CSA head office but do have a vault full of money, they just forgot where they put the vault.

5 minutes ago, El Diego said:

I'm imagining a Royal Rumble scenario where we only find out the identities of the players as they come out the tunnel for the match

"By gawd, that's... that's Ayo Akinola's music!!!"

The only way I would accept this is if Tomori was on it. I’d tip my hat to the csa in that case. Well played csa, well played. 

4 minutes ago, El Diego said:

I'm imagining a Royal Rumble scenario where we only find out the identities of the players as they come out the tunnel for the match

"By gawd, that's... that's Ayo Akinola's music!!!"

"Well we all know who number 30 is after his shock declaration for Canada.. wait I am hearing news, there is a commotion backstage.. its those darn Mexicans and English they are fighting over Flores, no damnit, this can't be. They have thrown him into a van.. wait.. 

Wait who's this.. it's Gareth Wheeler, its Gareth Wheeler, he has stolen Flores spot in the rumble. No gawd damnit. Get him out of here, this whole thing is a set up and it stinks."

2 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

On OneSoccer they are acting like David is confirmed not joining.  Felt like more than speculation.

I read it the other way, that they were going on stale reports. Andi specifically mentioned the blanket ban from Ligue 1 which we've subsequently seen adjusted as long as protocols are in place... hopefully that's the case.

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL