Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

I am very interested what influence Ugbo's commitment has on other fence sitters such as Daniel, do they look at this and think it is time to get onboard this train or maybe the position is getting congested? I would think any of the targets are watching this closely and are confident in their own abilities enough to think there will be a spot for them if they wanted to join but at the same time realize they are not just going to be handed a start when and if they do decide to be Canadian! I think the overall strength of our program increasing makes us more desirable and World Cup qualification will be a game changer!

Edited by gator

48 minutes ago, gator said:

I am very interested what influence Ugbo's commitment has on other fence sitters such as Daniel, do they look at this and think it is time to get onboard this train or maybe the position is getting congested? I would think any of the targets are watching this closely and are confident in their own abilities enough to think there will be a spot for them if they wanted to join but at the same time realize they are not just going to be handed a start when and if they do decide to be Canadian! I think the overall strength of our program increasing makes us more desirable and World Cup qualification will be a game changer!

If he were to think Canada was a congested spot, let me introduce you to England..

On 11/3/2021 at 11:29 AM, VinceA said:

I am starting to wonder if the "reliable source" said that a big name striker who could play for England has just committed to Canada and this person just assumed it was Jebbison but its actually Ugbo

Edited by An Observer
grammar correction

On 11/2/2021 at 11:50 PM, Cblake said:

I only had my doubts because of the other team he could choose, its England, the Three Lions. The roar of Wembley can be a pull, it certainly would be attractive to some. This is great news though if it happens. 

But England is such a souless national team to play for. There shouldn't be any real appeal to play for them. 

13 minutes ago, Macksam said:

But England is such a souless national team to play for. There shouldn't be any real appeal to play for them. 

It may be to some, but the Three Lions would certainly have some appeal to others, I guess it comes down to what you want to achieve , Wembley is certainly a goal for some even as countries like Canada have seen great improvement on the pitch. 

The England U21 (U23) squad:
https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2021/Nov/05/england-mens-under-21-squad-announced-november-20211105
The England U20 squad:
https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2021/Nov/05/england-mens-under-20-squad-november-20211105
The England U19 squad:
https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2021/Nov/05/england-mens-under-19-squad-named-for-euro-qualifiers-20210511

Jebbison is there with the U19s! :(

If he plays any minutes, as they will now be competitive, he will require a lengthy FIFA-approved one-time-switch to play for Canada.

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Jebbison is there with the U19s! :(

If he plays any minutes, as they will now be competitive, he will require a lengthy FIFA-approved one-time-switch to play for Canada.

Meh, it's not really binding anyway. One-time switch or not he's still going to have to make a final decision. 

7 hours ago, Macksam said:

Finals in the Euro? Cmon man, give your head a shake. Anyone spent any time in England would think this is the promised land 

If Herdman is using the same strategy with Jebbo as he did with Ayo, which is what's best for the player, he would be encouraging him to play for England's youth teams, given that ours are dormant, as it  would help in his development. Given our forward depth now,  Jebbo is unlikely to break in but if he starts making a splash in League 1 or his next loan is to the Championship and he performs than Herdman will call him. John is not going to pull a Haji.

Has anyone given any thought to what would happen if our last game was a foregone conclusion and didn't matter, ie we are already in or out, or guaranteed the fourth position.

I don't know what the capping rules are anymore but I do know, in one game, (I can't remember which), Herdman capped more guys in one game than most of our coaches did in their entire tenure.  I could see him doing it again.

Oops, I think I just figured out the flaw in my plan.  You have to name your roster for the final three games, or can you add three or four guys to it?

1 hour ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Has anyone given any thought to what would happen if our last game was a foregone conclusion and didn't matter, ie we are already in or out, or guaranteed the fourth position.

I don't know what the capping rules are anymore but I do know, in one game, (I can't remember which), Herdman capped more guys in one game than most of our coaches did in their entire tenure.  I could see him doing it again.

Oops, I think I just figured out the flaw in my plan.  You have to name your roster for the final three games, or can you add three or four guys to it?

Do you have to name your roster for the final three games? I thought you had to name your roster before each game.

Some of the other teams named almost 30 players to their roster and selected their 23 for each game. Or am I imagining it?