Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

5 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

It's unlikely that he's ever held a British passport if he only moved there in the last 3-4 years. He's probably a Permanent Resident, at best.

He’s British or he wouldn’t have been able to play in the EPL at 17. Parents are British so he wouldn’t need to wait. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

Just now, CanadaFan123 said:

He’s British or he wouldn’t have been able to play in the EPL at 17. 

Not necessarily true. He couldn't complete an international transfer before the age of 18, UNLESS his family moved countries for non-football reasons. I believe that his family moved to the UK because his mother got a job there. I could be wrong. Perhaps the mother is a UK citizen and her kids were entitled to British passports through her.

1 minute ago, SthMelbRed said:

Not necessarily true. He couldn't complete an international transfer before the age of 18, UNLESS his family moved countries for non-football reasons. I believe that his family moved to the UK because his mother got a job there. I could be wrong. Perhaps the mother is a UK citizen and her kids were entitled to British passports through her.

I edited my post just as you quoted me - yes, his parents are British citizens. Also why I don’t believe this call up is as straightforward as some think. It’s more convenient for him to stay in the England system for now and his club (realistically) will probably encourage him to stay close rather than fly overseas.

Edited by CanadaFan123

27 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I edited my post just as you quoted me - yes, his parents are British citizens. Also why I don’t believe this call up is as straightforward as some think. It’s more convenient for him to stay in the England system for now and his club (realistically) will probably encourage him to stay close rather than fly overseas.

I doubt his club would prevent him from playing senior international football and the chance of playing in a World Cup with players like Davies and David. I mean it's possible but I highly doubt it. Also, his parents are British (at least his mom is, he has Jamaican in there somewhere too), but he is Canadian. I honestly think it's straight forward (at least I hope it is).

3 minutes ago, frmr said:

I doubt his club would prevent him from playing senior international football and the chance of playing in a World Cup with players like Davies and David. I mean it's possible but I highly doubt it. Also, his parents are British (at least his mom is, he has Jamaican in there somewhere too), but he is Canadian. I honestly think it's straight forward (at least I hope it is).

I’m optimistic he’ll eventually play for us but the fact is he wasn’t committed even to our u23 team and that was before making his premier league debut. You’re right that if we were going to the World Cup it would be a no brainer ... but we’re not qualifying for the World Cup in September. The sound decision is to wait a bit, play some youth football for England and let our stars do the leg work as they will anyways. He knows Canada will be there. 

On 5/19/2021 at 7:40 PM, El Diego said:

I learned today that Daniel's dad Patrick was a very accomplished Canadian university basketball player: Patrick Jebbison - Manitoba Basketball Hall of Fame (mbhof.com)

After learning this couldn't help but notice in the match today that he's a tall boy for 17.

On the subject of his parents citizenship, I believe it's been stated already that his mom is British. His dad is Canadian and a former star basketball player in Manitoba (see above). 

BTW he also has an older brother, Micah: https://www.canadasoccer.com/profile/?id=5850&teamId=2073

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

He must have a European/British passport because Canada is ranked too low for him to play in England just has a Canadian. 

Canada's ranking would be irrelevant if he moved to the UK as a minor accompanying a parent who moved there for work. FIFA allows international transfers of underage players under those circumstances and he wouldn't need a work permit to play for a professional academy once he'd moved there. However, all of that is a moot point since it's been noted just above that his mother is British.

Edited by SthMelbRed

Latest rumour is that Sheffield United want some kind of loan fee for him - at least for the English clubs. 

"As The Star reported earlier this week, some members of Bramall Lane’s hierarchy would prefer to place Jebbison with Beerschot, who signed his team mate Femi Seriki on Thursday, rather than sanction a switch to either Sunderland or Burton Albion.

Sources at the Stadium of Light and Pirelli Stadium last night confirmed Jebbison has held talks with them both after being informed of their intention to hire him for the remainder of the season. However, one suggested that neither can afford to pay the faculty fee United are demanding in order to process the transfer. "

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-boss-endorses-loan-plan-but-efl-rivals-fear-being-priced-out-of-a-move-for-blades-striker-3345731

3 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Latest rumour is that Sheffield United want some kind of loan fee for him - at least for the English clubs. 

"As The Star reported earlier this week, some members of Bramall Lane’s hierarchy would prefer to place Jebbison with Beerschot, who signed his team mate Femi Seriki on Thursday, rather than sanction a switch to either Sunderland or Burton Albion.

Sources at the Stadium of Light and Pirelli Stadium last night confirmed Jebbison has held talks with them both after being informed of their intention to hire him for the remainder of the season. However, one suggested that neither can afford to pay the faculty fee United are demanding in order to process the transfer. "

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-boss-endorses-loan-plan-but-efl-rivals-fear-being-priced-out-of-a-move-for-blades-striker-3345731

Good link, and the crunch: a faculty fee of a million pounds? 

I suppose his wages are so low, likely under 2000 a week, that they figure it's a giveaway otherwise. But if there's no clear option to buy that fee is exorbitant. 

11 hours ago, CanadaSantos said:

3 games into the season and they have yet to score a goal. Are they sure they don't wanna give Jebbison a chance?

You would think but they do have at least 4 other strikers that have scored consistently at the level in the past.  Something else is going on with the team. 

The loan fee still being batted about in the press so there must be some truth in it, which is crazy.

I have 20 million reasons to dislike this club but I have tried to put that away in hope they will do the right thing for a possible CMNT player but Blades gonna Blades.  

An interesting couple of wrinkles in this loan saga if what the Sun prints is anywhere near true.

"Meanwhile Blades striker Daniel Jebbison, 18, has snubbed a loan move to partner club Beerschot in Belgium.

He wants to stay in England and is keen on a switch to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink’s Burton, but Blades now want a hefty loan fee amid interest from Sunderland."

The headline of article is that they are looking to get rid of Brewster and Burke, and bring in others. But again it is the Sun and the silly season, so who knows.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15930767/sheffield-united-rhian-brewster-burke-jokanovic/

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

An interesting couple of wrinkles in this loan saga if what the Sun prints is anywhere near true.

"Meanwhile Blades striker Daniel Jebbison, 18, has snubbed a loan move to partner club Beerschot in Belgium.

He wants to stay in England and is keen on a switch to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink’s Burton, but Blades now want a hefty loan fee amid interest from Sunderland."

The headline of article is that they are looking to get rid of Brewster and Burke, and bring in others. But again it is the Sun and the silly season, so who knows.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15930767/sheffield-united-rhian-brewster-burke-jokanovic/

Wowza. Drama enfolds. 

edit: transparent edit to highlight that it’s unfolds, not enfolds. Idiot.

Edited by frmr