Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Barely. It's hard to tell when the issues first started. I thought he wasn't getting called when he was available last and before his health issues.

He is almost aged out of u20. U21s have used 12 different forwards over the last year. Who knows who has emerged beneath him in his absence too. I don't see any generational standouts at this point so that stands in his favour. Unless you count Madueke as a striker which he can do.

However Divin Mubama is a year younger and getting minutes for West Ham, Dane Scarlet and Jamie Donley are on the fringes and have seen the field briefly for Spurs, with Will Lankshear behind them. Jayden Danns has appeared for the liverpool first team and is highly rated (just turned 18) Jay Stansfield has 10 goals in 39 appearances for Birmingham this year. Bailey Cadamarteri has scored 3 times in 19 in the championship for a struggling Sheffield weds side and is two years younger than Jebbison.

It does seem he is still regarded as a prospect as he has still been linked to some decent top flight clubs with him out of contract. That could certainly be agent talk too.

The odds of him representing England are far lower than him choosing Canada once he ages out of the youth systems. 

Right now the odds of him representing neither are arguably higher.

He needs consistent fitness -> minutes -> goals and great performances + a shit ton of luck and good fortune with other players not emerging or playing well, for Jebbo to get back in consideration for anything. Basically the same holding pattern of this thread for several years. 

Still believe he will be ours if he is good enough. Our talent pool upfront is just growing it won't be easy.

I don't ever think he will play for the senior England side but I don't neccesarily think they are done with him either.

It sounds from the CEO interview like they found the blood clot during routine blood tests.  Given he never played this year, probably those came during the pre-season workup.  Speculation but makes sense. 

He did play in the u20 World Cup last May immediately before that preseason - not a lot but he was picked and played.  He didn't get picked for the next u20s squad in October, for obvious reasons. 

Just for information's sake, the cutoff for the 2025 u21 Euros is 1 Jan 2002, which he clears by more than a year and a half. He's not making that now, but anything could happen if he stays healthy. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Wilder said similar things yesterday that the CEO did a few weeks ago but did comment more on his football and wanting to rebuild the team around young players like him.

"It’s positive signs, and hopefully we’ll have some good news soon.

“We're very positive that we can come to some sort of agreement with Dan. It's taken its time – he’s been out injured for quite a while but he’s making progress. He’s one of the players that hopefully we'll see before the end of the season."

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-hope-daniel-jebbison-will-play-for-them-again-this-season-and-beyond-4588333

"Look at our two young players, [Daniel] Jebbison and [Will] Osula and the characteristics they've got.

Number nines, modern-day centre-forwards. Strong, powerful and athletic"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/c51n01yr0ljo  (article is really about Ivan Toney, who he coached when young).

On 4/18/2024 at 12:07 PM, narduch said:

Makes it sound like it will still be more time

I listened to Chris Wilder's press conference for tomorrow's game.

He said Jebbison "is on grass" as we can see, but included him with a group of players that they hoped to see get time "before the end of the season."

Edit:

Be cheering for them to do the impossible and stay up, over Forest and Everton hopefully.  Even if it makes me feel a bit dirty.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford