Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

17 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

I mean there are windows where he wouldn’t be able to come but this upcoming one he could come no problem. 

We will have to wait and see but I remember Wheeler saying he felt Jebbison was leaning Canada and that he could join as early as September 

That's true. Hopefully we can snag him now before he changes his mind. Actually, does he have to file a switch? If not he can play up to 3 games with us, can't he? Rules change so much I can't remember how they work.

11 hours ago, Obinna said:

That's true. Hopefully we can snag him now before he changes his mind. Actually, does he have to file a switch? If not he can play up to 3 games with us, can't he? Rules change so much I can't remember how they work.

I think he’d have to file a switch if he played in a youth tourney or a Sr match, which he hasn’t yet. If he plays for us, he’s basically cap tied, but can switch if he only plays 3 games or less for us. He’d have to wait 3 years without playing for us to be able to switch back though, so if he plays for us then his intention is clearly to stay with us. 

If we didn't lose Ayo and Cavallini then it would be more difficult to include him in this squad. With both being absent I think Herdman could make the case to Jebbison that he will see some game time in these matches. We have players we can put in a shift up top but usually play elsewhere. (Theo, Tajon, Millar)

Especially if it is a 26 man squad and I don't see how he isn't asked. If it is an expanded squad and he isn't on it then that will give a big clue which way Jebbison is leaning...

3pm hurry up!

I

4 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

With both being absent I think Herdman could make the case to Jebbison that he will see some game time in these matches.

I agree and would love him there.  That said, he probably needs to sort a move out and especially if its a transfer, the deadline day is right in the middle of the travel time for the first game.  Even if his desire is to come on board it will be a tough window to do it in, I think.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:07 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I think we see Jebbison with one of the England youth squads...the U18/U19/U20 squads aren't a problem (for now) and I think it's more likely that he will feature in one of those...

He is with the England U19s.

https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2021/Aug/27/20212708-england-mu19s-squad-named-for-games-with-italy-and-germany

They won't play competitive matches until November anyways.

When JFH came to QPR from Burton most fans including myself thought it was a great progressive hire, it turned out to be a disaster and he was well on the way to relegating the team! Something happened in his managing style when he stepped up a division, it seems like Burton is where he is comfortable, I think he is a good manager especially of young players!

35 minutes ago, gator said:

When JFH came to QPR from Burton most fans including myself thought it was a great progressive hire, it turned out to be a disaster and he was well on the way to relegating the team! Something happened in his managing style when he stepped up a division, it seems like Burton is where he is comfortable, I think he is a good manager especially of young players!

He also was particularly fascinating as a player, I saw him play for Atlético (it was a season I think, but they relegated so he had to be sold) and he was very strong those years, turn of the century. I seem to recall he described how he trained as a kid, driving a ball against a wall and building striking strength, leg power, for hours. He has a good mentality as a person, I have no idea how he coaches but I'm not surprised he's good with youth. 

Played the last 25 minutes or so against Italy with the England U19s back on Thursday:

https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2021/Sep/02/20210209-england-mu19s-2-0-italy-report

and then played a full match against the Germans today:

https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2021/Sep/06/20210906-England-Under-19s-Germany-Match-Report

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

We only have the CSA to blame!! We need a real youth problem! But again nobody steps up. The useless Jason De Vos should be fired ! He’s all talk… 

Eh, I'm sure he'd still take advantage of England youth call ups if the option was available. I still have no doubts he'll commit at some point. As good as he is, he's not at the level to seriously be considering England unless he wants to hold out until he's near his prime, and even then there's no guarantee, and he would absolutely have gotten opportunities with Canada during that time.

I'll start to worry about Jebbo committing to England when he's banging them in for a top 10-15 club in the world. If you look at the young players that England have called up in the modern era, it's Bellingham, Sancho, Greenwood, TAA, Hudson-Odoi and Saka from Dortmund, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal. I'm not saying Jebbison can't eventually get there but he's a long, long way from England's first team at the moment, and he's not far at all from Canada's.

I am pretty sure he’ll commit too. But there is a risk. He may be the next young English star. I am happy for him. But Canada does not have a youth program at all. We have play no games, we have no camps, no proper coach and scouts. Jason De Vos has been preaching for years we need to fix youth Soccer in this country and finally he gets a job as soccer development and we don’t even have a youth real national program!  Call he cares about is looking good with the senior national team . I would love to see Jebbison, Dias , Flores, Nelson and others playing against some good teams. 

Edited by SpecialK

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

I am pretty sure he’ll commit too. But there is a risk. He may be the next young English star. I am happy for him. But Canada does not have a youth program at all. We have play no games, we have no camps, no proper coach and scouts. Jason De Vos has been preaching for years we need to fix youth Soccer in this country and finally he gets a job as soccer development and we don’t even have a youth real national program!  Call he cares about is looking good with the senior national team . I would love to see Jebbison, Dias , Flores, Nelson and others playing against some good teams. 

There's no money right now.  The CSA was financially decimated by covid.  They're putting the money they have into getting to the world Cup.  

6 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

There's no money right now.  The CSA was financially decimated by covid.  They're putting the money they have into getting to the world Cup.  

FIFA is willing to loan out Aton of money to federations. Also they got money from the federal government. Plus good management finds the money. If Mexico can put together a youth camp during COVID Canada can. Stop making excuses for the CSA