Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

22 hours ago, Lansdude said:

I prefer to cover myself in glory than to be enfolded in drama but to each his own.

I would agree but think the success of the reality show genre probably shows many feel otherwise. 

But the supposed latest on Jebbison is that Sunderland need to get rid of Will Griggs' (you know, the one on fire) wages to bring him to the Stadium of Light and the loan fee is still a thing. 

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19530925.sunderland-interested-sheffield-uniteds-daniel-jebbison/

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

That Everton link is a little concerning.

Slow down a bit Jebby....commit to Canada first :)

He is ours.. ;) *

The thought of him learning under Rafa 🤤

If that link is true it is a really high stamp of approval. Rafa is meticulous in picking the targets he want's to work with especially younger talent. 

*Disclaimer: The views of that statement do not hold up in the court of emotional law if he ends up playing for England. 

2 hours ago, frmr said:

I guess Jebbison started in the EFL Cup match against Derby County today. Anyone see it?

Subbed off at half time down 1-0. Ended up winning 2-1 but he wasn't even on the pitch for any of their goals. So I guess you could say a little disappointing but he has barely played this year so I'm willing to cut him some slack

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

Everton would be a really good landing spot for him.  I’d like to see him make that move.

"Thank you for putting pen to paper and choosing Everton Daniel. You won't regret it. We see a huge amount of potential in you but think to start a loan to get you experience would be the best for you... we just accepted a proposal from Beerschot"

9 minutes ago, toontownman said:

"Thank you for putting pen to paper and choosing Everton Daniel. You won't regret it. We see a huge amount of potential in you but think to start a loan to get you experience would be the best for you... we just accepted a proposal from Beerschot"

Yeah. This board saying how great Belgium must be compared to a big 4 league  is like when a gnarly kid is born who looks nothing like the dad and mom's relatives just keep repeating "just like his father", "so good looking". 

I'm trying to figure out who the cuckold-face dad is in this story, help me out. 

Interestingly..or not.. I just saw this tweet just before I read your analogy.

It's a decent level to play, league one is underrated by many too because it's 3rd tier. It is still a great testing ground also. It depends on the players situation, what they need to improve and what their end goals are. Ton of variables. He needs minutes so hope he sorts something one way or another.

6 hours ago, Floortom said:

Apparently he was quite poor today - missed a great scoring opportunity too. Looking at player ratings generally have him as the worst player on the pitch.

I saw that on the highlights.  There were also 3 strikers on the pitch and he was replaced by a veteran midfielder, so probably the right move.

The result says so but also the winning goal came from Wayne Rooney's Derby shooting themselves in the foot again.

Everton has reportedly offered 5 million Euro for him but were immediately rejected. Also read that Aston Villa are amongst the earlier rumoured 3 Prem teams seriously interested and may try to outbid Everton before Tuesday's deadline. 

Blades fans on the other hand are furious with their ownership for simply entertaining the idea of selling him, but they also raise some valid concerns. One of the main concerns was the price. There seems to be a lot of disappointment in the fact that Jebbison hasn't been starting for the Blades more regularly thus far after showing so well last season, and the idea that the club would sell him off for 5 million only to fill his place in January with a likely similar player isn't pleasing the fans one bit. Considering they have yet to win in their first 4 games of the season and promotion is becoming a increasingly larger and larger task, at this rate unless Sheffield plan to bring in a bigger player before Tuesday and need some quick cash, or Everton and/or Villa make an offer they can't ignore, I doubt he will be going anywhere just yet but the fact is that the possibilities are very real. 

I know Herdman seemed bullish on him committing, but I don't feel good about it. Between the reported Everton/Villa bids and the refusal of English clubs to release players for WCQ, there isn't much to be optimistic about.

If he can't play in this round of WCQ the chances he leaves the English program are slim to none, especially if he goes to the Prem. God help us if he goes and actually starts playing and scoring, we can kiss our chances of landing him goodbye if that happens...

50 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I know Herdman seemed bullish on him committing, but I don't feel good about it. Between the reported Everton/Villa bids and the refusal of English clubs to release players for WCQ, there isn't much to be optimistic about.

If he can't play in this round of WCQ the chances he leaves the English program are slim to none, especially if he goes to the Prem. God help us if he goes and actually starts playing and scoring, we can kiss our chances of landing him goodbye if that happens...

Apparently Mason Greenwood is getting a call-up for WCQ so that's another striker in the program for Southgate for the long term. I'm still pretty optimistic on Jebbison joining us.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

If he goes to an EPL club, surely he’ll be loaned out. He’s having a hard time getting on the field at Sheffield, it’s a stretch to think he’ll be playing at Everton. I wouldn’t worry too much about it until he’s actually looking like he’s got a shot at England NT.

9 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Apparently Mason Greenwood is getting a call-up for WCQ so that's another striker in the program for Southgate for the long term. I'm still pretty optimistic on Jebbison joining us.

Maybe he does play for us in the end, but I mean not being able to play for us during the WCQ makes things less certain, no? 

Worst case scenario he goes to Everton and starts playing and scoring (far-fetched, but let's just say), doesn't that at least put him on notice for the U-21 team (if not the seniors?). If he's getting U-21 English caps with growing shouts for a senior cap, does he put all that aside to play with Canada in the World Cup? I am not so sure.

The travel and quarantine stuff may get sorted out, but it may not. The future reality may be that playing in Europe and playing for a concacaf national team would become increasingly unworkable. 

Obviously I hope everything I am saying is wrong and never happens.

I think we see Jebbison with one of the England youth squads that will be announced on Friday.

https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2021/Aug/23/20210823-England-Squads-Set-To-Be-Announced

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

doesn't that at least put him on notice for the U-21 team (if not the seniors?). If he's getting U-21 English caps...

The U21s could be a problem since that would cap him in a competitive match and he would need to file a one-time-switch.

The U18/U19/U20 squads aren't a problem (for now) and I think it's more likely that he will feature in one of those squads anyways.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

43 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Maybe he does play for us in the end, but I mean not being able to play for us during the WCQ makes things less certain, no? 

Worst case scenario he goes to Everton and starts playing and scoring (far-fetched, but let's just say), doesn't that at least put him on notice for the U-21 team (if not the seniors?). If he's getting U-21 English caps with growing shouts for a senior cap, does he put all that aside to play with Canada in the World Cup? I am not so sure.

The travel and quarantine stuff may get sorted out, but it may not. The future reality may be that playing in Europe and playing for a concacaf national team would become increasingly unworkable. 

Obviously I hope everything I am saying is wrong and never happens.

I mean there are windows where he wouldn’t be able to come but this upcoming one he could come no problem. 

We will have to wait and see but I remember Wheeler saying he felt Jebbison was leaning Canada and that he could join as early as September