Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

7 hours ago, toontownman said:

Would be a nice boost to the squad. Whether we need another striker with Larin likely back I don't know. 4 isn't that excessive. Especially when larin plays wide anyway and Jebbison can too. Also its just a straight swap for Brym from the last squad. 

Fingers crossed. 

This assumed Cavallini is still an automatic call? Not in my eyes (certainly not based on form), but maybe his presence is one that Herdman values regardless of his form. 

I'm still pretty skeptical of this news that Jebbison would commit at this point in time. Not sure it makes that much sense for him but I hope Im wrong

5 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

For sure but Brym was there because of injuries, aren't Larin and Cav healthy now? 

Cav and Larin are back, but Cav hasn’t been playing nearly at all. I also think we’re going to see a true 27-30 man squad now that everyone is healthy, which in turn makes room to integrate Dan into the squad 

2 hours ago, Floortom said:

This assumed Cavallini is still an automatic call? Not in my eyes (certainly not based on form), but maybe his presence is one that Herdman values regardless of his form. 

Herdman is clearly an excellent relationship manager, and Osorio's role on this team and his close friendship with Cav might end up tipping the scales.

I see Jebbison as Larin's successor, much like I see Akinola as Cavallini's successor. So as those two get the torches passed to them, a strikeforce of David, Jebbison and Akinola for the future is pretty good, assuming Akinola fully recovers and continues to develop. That plus Davies, Buchanan, Millar and Corbeanu on the wings, our attack is looking very dangerous for years to come.

18 minutes ago, frmr said:

I see Jebbison as Larin's successor, much like I see Akinola as Cavallini's successor. So as those two get the torches passed to them, a strikeforce of David, Jebbison and Akinola for the future is pretty good, assuming Akinola fully recovers and continues to develop. That plus Davies, Buchanan, Millar and Corbeanu on the wings, our attack is looking very dangerous for years to come.

There was talk that Herdman/coaching staff are curious about him as a midfielder (I assume an attacking midfielder), which could also be interesting.

58 minutes ago, ag futbol said:

I agree Cav’s form has significantly dipped BUT he does play a role that helps us get the most out of our other forwards. 

Wouldn’t rule him out entirely. 

Cavallini as target striker gives another option. I'd rather have Cavallini than Tesho in the squad TBH.

And deffo want Cavallini as an option vs Mexico, if he's fit. 

4 hours ago, frmr said:

Larin is young enough to still be on the team in 2026.

Now that Ugbo has picked Canada over England, it appears Jebbison is the next one we are all waiting on to see with baited breath, where he chooses to play his international football. The Brampton native will be waiting to see if he gets that England youth call up, for those in Canada the telling thing is does he accept it this time around, only time will tell. 

this song came to my mind that I bet no one has ever heard....

Time is ticking away....but not really, because he has age on his hand. On the other, he faces possibly missing out on the 2022 WC, and will have to stake his claim with the rest of the strikers come 2026.

Edited by Shway

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

Now that Ugbo has picked Canada over England, it appears Jebbison is the next one we are all waiting on to see with baited breath, where he chooses to play his international football. The Brampton native will be waiting to see if he gets that England youth call up, for those in Canada the telling thing is does he accept it this time around, only time will tell. 

Honestly, he isn’t one I am waiting for - especially with Ugbo now signed up.  I totally get the need for quality depth players but we need to look at how we can bolster our centre back position and attacking mid roles.  

I will welcome quality new players anywhere on the pitch but the main need is elsewhere IMO.    For me, the recruitment of Ugbo puts the spotlight much more on guys like Ferdi, Dias, and Flores.  If we are looking at balance, their potential impact just leapfrogged a guy like Jebbison.  

59 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Honestly, he isn’t one I am waiting for - especially with Ugbo now signed up.  I totally get the need for quality depth players but we need to look at how we can bolster our centre back position and attacking mid roles.  

I will welcome quality new players anywhere on the pitch but the main need is elsewhere IMO.    For me, the recruitment of Ugbo puts the spotlight much more on guys like Ferdi, Dias, and Flores.  If we are looking at balance, their potential impact just leapfrogged a guy like Jebbison.  

Don't forget that Jebbison may project as a midfielder (according to comments on the NF podcast). I would take one of Ferdi and Dias first myself, however, as they are true midfielders and Jebbison may continue developing as a forward.

2 hours ago, Shway said:

Time is ticking away....but not really, because he has age on his hand. On the other, he faces possibly missing out on the 2022 WC, and will have to stake his claim with the rest of the strikers come 2026.

Hate to admit, but I know this song and have one of their CDs in my car currently... yes I still use CDs!

2 hours ago, Shway said:

I used to listen to that CD all the time! Haha