Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

5 hours ago, Sal333 said:

Do you have to name your roster for the final three games? I thought you had to name your roster before each game.

Some of the other teams named almost 30 players to their roster and selected their 23 for each game. Or am I imagining it?

That was my understanding too, you can bring as many people as you want to camp but theres a 23 man roster for each match

2 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

That was my understanding too, you can bring as many people as you want to camp but theres a 23 man roster for each match

Well, maybe the job will be done after the second last three game cycle in which case we can call a whole set of new guys for the final three matches. I imagine most, even the ones with other options nationally, will take the call considering it would essentially be their try outs for the final World Cup squad. 

We won’t be making wholesale changes regardless of the qualifying situation.  If we qualify for Qatar, we will need as many challenging games as possible over the next year to prepare.  There is no way we would use 3 competitive matches in WCQ to bring in a bunch of new guys.  Could I see us inviting a couple of key duals into camp for the window?   Sure.  But it would also depend who it is (Ferdi would be far more likely to get a call from us right now than Dias).  And if one or two of those guys were willing to lock down their future with us we might find a spot on the bench for a game to get them on the field.  But I doubt there would be any large scale changes to the team if we get the job done early.  

5 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Hopefully he’s not dumb like Tomori.

Jebbison only moved to England in 2017 so it's unlikely that he feels connected to England like Tomori did IMO. At this point it seems that Jebbison isn't willing to get cap tied to be our 4th striker, it makes more sense from his perspective to get youth reps with England for the time being. After playing minutes today in England's u19 qualifier I think that provisionally cap ties him in which case I could see the long term plan being to file his one time switch to Canada when he feels he is ready to make an impact for us. 

If we qualify for Qatar I bet he will want join us. He will be 19, and on the verge of coming up in the Prem (or rumoured League). What a thing to experience and also raise your stock.

Will he be good enough to make our final roster if we qualify? I highly doubt he would makes England atm. 

Maybe he is a much more long term target.

17 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Sadly, I agree.  

Players establishing themselves have little leverage. We’re so lucky to have this moment in time with a group of guys having some leverage with their clubs.  Even the Americans and I’d say Mexico don’t have as much as our stars.   Jimenez must be under pressure to stay in the UK.  Pulisic also.  

25 minutes ago, Ruud said:

All we can say now is that we are making the decision tougher for all these guys.  That’s it.

If Jon De Guzman was undecided now he’d be with us right?  same with Begovic !   

They both played at world cups. Jono played for the freakin Netherlands. Begovic spent maybe seven years here and played for his homeland. It’s not very likely they would have made other choices

4 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

They both played at world cups. Jono played for the freakin Netherlands. Begovic spent maybe seven years here and played for his homeland. It’s not very likely they would have made other choices

Both were on the margins though.   My point is at least one would have stayed with us.  Begovic was under 20 remember.  De Guzman had a short look from van gaal in the end before Gigi took his spot. 

when your country is close it becomes a different calculation for all players   

2 hours ago, bwilly11 said:

If we qualify for Qatar I bet he will want join us. He will be 19, and on the verge of coming up in the Prem (or rumoured League). What a thing to experience and also raise your stock.

Will he be good enough to make our final roster if we qualify? I highly doubt he would makes England atm. 

Maybe he is a much more long term target.

Does Herdman play hardball a bit and say if he wants a chance at Qatar he has to decide by Jan? In my eyes he has to play his way into the final 23 by joining for some significant qualifiers, there will be no walking on to it once we do qualify

9 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Does Herdman play hardball a bit and say if he wants a chance at Qatar he has to decide by Jan? In my eyes he has to play his way into the final 23 by joining for some significant qualifiers, there will be no walking on to it once we do qualify

Anyone who wants to play in Qatar will have to be on board before then and show they are worth the spot (assuming our current core players are healthy).  The only guy I could see even remotely being considered as a late addition to our already-qualified team would be Ferdi who is playing at a very high level and would be an obvious influx of quality.  No disrespect to Jebbison (or the other prospects), but it wouldn’t be a guy currently playing in the English third tier or for a club’s youth team.  

There are times and condition where you would cap a promising prospect just to lock them down.  Our WC squad isn’t one of them.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

9 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Honestly I think it depends. It would be nice for us to take the high ground and say if you weren't part of getting us to Qatar then you won't be on the squad. 

Injuries play a factor and so does form. If Jebbison next summer is playing at a high level and is in form and one of our striking options is injured or riding the pine then I think questions have to be asked. 

Jebbison is 18, isn’t Greenwood like 20 and with how many united games at his belt ?

the competition is so fierce it should be obvious that he’s not playing for England’s senior team for Atleast a year. 

if we’re being real… I’m not convinced Jebbison is better than our strikers, what is the level of league 1 ? The kid isn’t yet good enough for a senior NT that he’s eligible for.

David, Larin, Ugbo, Cavalini, Akinola and possibly even Akindele would be ahead of him at striker for me at the moment, heck you could even argue that Peruzza might be ahead for being at a higher level but not the best argument… 

We have depth up top and long term Wright and Peruzza may be better…

3 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Jebbison is 18, isn’t Greenwood like 20 and with how many united games at his belt ?

the competition is so fierce it should be obvious that he’s not playing for England’s senior team for Atleast a year. 

if we’re being real… I’m not convinced Jebbison is better than our strikers, what is the level of league 1 ? The kid isn’t yet good enough for a senior NT that he’s eligible for.

David, Larin, Ugbo, Cavalini, Akinola and possibly even Akindele would be ahead of him at striker for me at the moment, heck you could even argue that Peruzza might be ahead for being at a higher level but not the best argument… 

We have depth up top and long term Wright and Peruzza may be better…

I think this is the reason he hasn't joined yet. Why join us just to be rooted to the bench when he can play meaningful minutes for England's u19s and get noticed by scouts. Jebbison has dropped a lot of clues that he will join Canada including liking a recent Canada soccer video on instagram. Within the next year he could find himself at higher level and if he is in form and we have an injury he most likely will come.

647589625_Screenshot2021-11-11at11_27_59AM.thumb.png.8f29fb060d649f6b0877dee4a4a126f4.png