Lucas Dias - Sporting CP

SpecialK

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Classy...

I suspect he merely forgot to add a 😉 at the end of that sentence. I mean, clearly, it was super ironic. Right, Jefferey? Please, for the love of god, tell me it was ironic. Please...

Okay, back to work for me. (At 8.37pm on a Monday night, after a 10-hour day.)

(😉)

Edited by The Beaver 2.0

12 hours ago, RS said:

He claims to work hard but he didn't bother reading @CanadaFan123's post literally above his own that explained Dias' presence in Istanbul.

In his defence I'm on his ignore list. I can't be sure but I believe it was because I let him know that Alexander Isak was not eligible for the 2020 Golden Boy because he was a 99 birth year.

20 hours ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

I suspect he merely forgot to add a 😉 at the end of that sentence. I mean, clearly, it was super ironic. Right, Jefferey? Please, for the love of god, tell me it was ironic. Please...

Okay, back to work for me. (At 8.37pm on a Monday night, after a 10-hour day.)

(😉)

I expect too much from this board I guess, my loss.

What gets me is that my post started with what I dunce I was and how nobody corrected me. But reading comprehension is not a forte here, if you are already dumping on yourself, you don't need an emoji to signal the angle.

But the fact is: I posted the link to the UEFA roster, found his UEFA shirt number, found him on the Youth League roster, dug up his match reports from the previous YL matches, but the media experts have to strut their insecurity regardless. Get this: no one will care enough to even post on his YL match today.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

9 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Started as a midfielder and subbed out m. 73 for Sporting who played 10 vs. 10 away to Besiktas, two red cards, and won 1-3.

https://es.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/match/2033508--besiktas-vs-sporting-cp/

Bump.

I know "Robert" likes to derail threads and gets bored with his press releases, but let's keep it on track: Dias starting and Sporting winning, leading their group.

• 1 month later...

Dias played 90 in Youth League today as Sporting beat Dortmund 3-2. He seems to be taking some free kicks and had at least one shot. Plays, acc to UEFA, on the left side of the attack. 

They are 2nd, but need to get a result away against Ajax on the last day of their group stage to classify for the knockout rounds, or else a favourable result in the other match.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Xavier. said:

Looks like he's really grown physically. Looked like a boy amongst men at the Olympic Qualifiers, but it was obvious he's extremly talented and should have gotten more minutes. He's listed at 5'11 on wikipedia, which is confirmed by that clip. No way he was that big in March, he looked more like 5'7 or 5'8.

We are discussing JMR's growth spurt, but this guy has really matured as well. 

I hope we see him with the senior team sooner than later. 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Looks like he's really grown physically. Looked like a boy amongst men at the Olympic Qualifiers, but it was obvious he's extremly talented and should have gotten more minutes. He's listed at 5'11 on wikipedia, which is confirmed by that clip. No way he was that big in March, he looked more like 5'7 or 5'8.

We are discussing JMR's growth spurt, but this guy has really matured as well. 

I hope we see him with the senior team sooner than later. 

Watching the clip he looks like a totally different player.  He’s grown, filled out and looks like a more physically commanding player out there.  

2 hours ago, Shway said:

Maybe it’s just me, but in that video everybody looks the same size. Remember Olympic qualifiers were U24 last year, and we played Haiti, El Salvador, and Honduras, and Mexico. 

I think you guys are a little undersizing what he was up against - even Tajon looked small. The Haitians and Hondurans were all big guys.

That’s Sporting B, it’s not like it’s a U17 side. Either way, he looks like he’s plenty big enough now to be effective.

3 hours ago, archer21 said:

That’s Sporting B, it’s not like it’s a U17 side. Either way, he looks like he’s plenty big enough now to be effective.

Be effective for what national team , senior or U23 or U20 ? Maybe bring him in to January friendly camp . Looks good so far but in the end it’s about making the Sporting first team or another decent level first team . However, the kid seems like he is on the right path and hopefully if he does become a starter for Sporting or any other decent level team he chooses Canada .

7 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Be effective for what national team , senior or U23 or U20 ? Maybe bring him in to January friendly camp . Looks good so far but in the end it’s about making the Sporting first team or another decent level first team . However, the kid seems like he is on the right path and hopefully if he does become a starter for Sporting or any other decent level team he chooses Canada .

I’m just saying he’s plenty big enough to be effective at any level. Not that he is ready for the MNT, just saying it won’t be his size that stops him.

5 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Might pop up in January, you never know. I don't have a huge issue with that. Maybe the timing was off with what was going on at sporting. He would have likely been a taxi squad member rather than occupying an actual roster spot.

Plenty of time on this one and very little to really merit a full call up. All in good time.

22 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Might pop up in January, you never know. I don't have a huge issue with that. Maybe the timing was off with what was going on at sporting. He would have likely been a taxi squad member rather than occupying an actual roster spot.

Plenty of time on this one and very little to really merit a full call up. All in good time.

I agree, not a negative by any means. I have a hard time thinking he would’ve got minutes in any of our past WCQ windows. Maybe v El Salvador or Panama, but if I’m him and his family that decision to reject for now does make sense